Decepticon and Autobot respect

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Even as mortal enemies do you think this two factions respect each other on and off the battle field? And I am not only talking about Megatron and Prime but it would be nice to know if Prime and Megs respect each other, and how about the rest of the Decepticons and Autobots?

Thanks

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm pretty certain that everybody, Autobots and Decepticons alike, has a fearful respect for Shockwave.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I don't think Starscream has a shred of respect for anyone but himself.

Thundercracker probably has respect for his opponents.

4. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I remember Ultra Magnus (G1) being a soldier of such integrity and nobility that even most Decepticons, with the exclusion of Galvatron, held him in high regards.

On a side note, I've always liked the concept of two sides that are considered rivals but they each have a mutual respect for one another, even if they're unable to see things eye-to-eye.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Generally speaking, I'd say yes. However, I think just like any two groups of persons, you'd gonna have a few make fun of others, etc. It's just basic sociology.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    go watch Operation Bumblebee part 1, with BB and Knock Out. I like that scene, kinda matches this topic too

7. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    ''Take that Decepticreep''

''You are nothing!''

''Leave none alive''
    Yea, they REALLY respect each other

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I think it totally depends on the individual. I'm sure it varies quite a bit. Some bots and cons are all about the respect. Others would insult your mother and teabag your corpse (or whatever the Cybertronian equivalent would be). :) 

If you haven't read IDW's last ongoing run #23 and #24 (i think), you probably should. You definitely see that side to Prime and Megatron.

zmog

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    G1 Wheeljack allegedly has some respect from the cons because of his inventions that worked.

10. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I really liked that scene, because it really made it seem as though Knock Out had been not just expecting but almost HOPING that Bumblebee made it an actuall challenge.

11. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

What comes to mind for me is this:
    In the orginal Transformers cartoon Cyclonus saves Ultra Magnus from falling out into space (and possibly into a black hole) in the episode The Killing Jar. Then he said something like 'Warriors such as you and I should meet our fates on the battlefield'. It was pretty awesome and definatly showed that Cyclonus respected Ultra Magnus.

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I think the Autobots respected the Decepticons a lot more. I mean have you ever noticed how the Autobots knew who each of the Decepticons were? They identified them by name. Can't say the same about the Decepticons.

In the episode Autobot Gears Megstron says his name like he's never heard it before. And then there's that episode with the clone Optimus that Megatron is controlling. Megatron- "Bumblebee I'm speaking to you" Ironhide- (looks around) "Are you talking to me Prahm?"