December Previews - February TF Releases: Beast Wars #1 Transformers #2, Incentives +

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by DecepticonMatrix, Nov 17, 2005.

1. DecepticonMatrix

DecepticonMatrix Collection Complete

From the monthly Previews magazine listings for Transformers related items
    solicited through December for release in February 2006 or later.

The information below contains the story synopsis info for new comics and books, figures and more.

IDW PUBLISHING

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS #1 (OF 4)
    Simon Furman (w); Don Figueroa (a); Figueroa (c)
    The long-awaited pairing of writer Simon Furman and artist extraordinaire Don Figueroa
    on a Beast Wars saga is finally upon us. The Beast Wars–the time-lost series of conflicts
    on Earth, where heroic Maximals are pitted against evil Predacons–is celebrating its 10th
    anniversary with this special miniseries. In chapter one, as one strand of the Beast Wars
    rages on, another is just beginning. Predacon general Magmatron is on a mission to
    capture the renegade Megatron, but his true intentions are far more terrifying and
    revolutionary; his ultimate aim—to bring Cybertron itself to its knees. All he needs… is
    an army. And he knows exactly where to find one! Furman and Figueroa begin a
    towering new era of Beast Wars majesty! For this debut issue, artist Figueroa has
    provided three cover images, one of which is available as a gatefold wraparound.
    $2.99 • FC • 32 pages

TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS (IDW) #1 25 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 25 copies receive 1 foil Figueroa "Magmatron" variant cover

TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS (IDW) #1 50 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 50 copies receive 1 foil Figueroa "Primal" variant cover

TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS (IDW) #1 100 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 100 copies receive 1 foil Figueroa "Megatron" variant cover

TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS (IDW) #1 150 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 100 copies receive 1 extended gatefold cover by Figueroa

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    THE TRANSFORMERS: INFILTRATION #2
    Simon Furman (w); EJ Su (a); Su, Guidi, Raiz, Wildman (c)
    IDW’s Transformers revival continues here! Something is very wrong! For over two
    years, the Decepticon infiltration unit has been patiently building and fortifying its power
    base on Earth, maintaining an entirely covert presence. But now–open warfare rages on
    the roads and in the skies, and exposure seems a certainty. It’s all falling apart, and
    Autobot medic Ratchet wants to know why. It seems Verity Carlo’s stolen computer is
    the key, but the real trick is staying alive long enough to unlock its secrets. 22 pages of
    pounding pursuit and automotive action–it doesn’t get much better than this! Artist EJ Su
    provides a cover connected to his issue #1 cover image, and variant covers are once again
    offered up by Guido Guidi, James Raiz, and Andrew Wildman.
    $2.99 • FC • 32 pages

TRANSFORMERS INFILTRATION #2 25 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 25 copies receive 1 Guido Guidi "Starscream" cover

TRANSFORMERS INFILTRATION #2 50 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 50 copies receive 1 EJ Su wraparound cover that combines covers from issue #1 & 2

TRANSFORMERS INFILTRATION #2 100 COPY INCENTIVE
    Retailer Orders of 100 copies receive 1 exclusive miniprint set of 3 characters along with variant cover ed

[​IMG]
    TRANSFORMERS #0 BOTCON CVR ED
    This issue was Exclusive to attendies of the Transformers Collectors Convention - BotCon 2005. Featuring Scetches and art by Transformers designer Aaron Archer. This issue is very limited and highly collectible. (Our Description, Previews had none)
    SRP $10-15

[​IMG]
    THE TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1: VOLUME 1 TPB
    Chris Sarrachini (w); Pat Lee (a)
    Along with IDW’s definitive re-imaging of the Transformers, we’re pleased to present a
    new volume of the long-out-of-print Transformers Generation 1: Volume 1 trade
    paperback. Originally published in 2002, this previous version of the Transformers
    mythos ignited the imagination of Transformers fans new and old alike with artist Pat
    Lee’s take on the Robots in Disguise. We’ll be making efforts to ensure that previous
    iterations of the Transformers stay in print, so fans of all generations of Transformers
    comics will find something to their liking. No Transformers library should be without this
    essential collection.
    TPB • $19.99 • FC • 160 pages • ISBN: 1-933239-81-6

NEW DIMENSION COMICS

[​IMG]
    TRANSFORMERS #1 — NEW DIMENSION COMICS EXCLUSIVE VARIANT
    This comic is limited to just 1,000 copies! Art by Dreamwave-era fan-favorite Don
    Figueroa. The front features a tribute to the classic Fantastic Four #1. The back has a
    large area for convention sketches. Quantities are limited. Allocations may occur.
    32pgs, FC SRP: $9.99

TITAN PUBLISHING

TRANSFORMERS: PERCHANCE TO DREAM TP
    by Furman & Wildman
    Collects Transformers: UK black and white material from #255-260, 230-231, 232-233,
    241-242, 287-289. The fifth title in the series of black and white digest-sized books from
    Titan. Perchance to Dream transforms the Autobot Nightbeat into a Chandler-esque
    private eye!
    SC, 5x8, 80pgs, B&W SRP: $7.95

ASPECTS OF EVIL Offered Again
    SC, 5x 8, 80pgs, B&W SRP: $7.95

WAY OF THE WARRIOR Offered Again
    SC, 5x8, 80pgs, B&W SRP: $7.95

ANTARCTIC PRESS

CYBERTRONIAN SEVEN PACK
    If you are a Transformers collector, you cannot miss this great opportunity! AP is
    offering the Unauthorized Transformers Guides all at once, at a price that can’t be beat!
    All together they originally sold for over $170 — now you can get them at a substantial
    discount. Take advantage of the buzz of the new series and the upcoming movie!
    Pack (x7), FC SRP: $80.00

BOOKS / MAGAZINES

LOFI: COMICS AND ENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE, VOL. 2, ISSUE 5
    by Various
    LO-FI comics & entertainment magazine lets you know that spring is in the air this
    February with Issue #5. There is a special preview of TOKYOPOP’s “East Coast
    Rising” from Becky Cloonan, and also a look at the fresh blood doing “Transformers”
    under IDW. And like always, LO-FI will bring you the freshest music, anime, toys,
    movies, TV and games.
    Magazine, FC $5.95

ACTION FIGURES / STATUES

[​IMG]
    TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME HEAD REPLICA
    A Diamond Select Release! An Art Asylum Design! Perhaps the most courageous and
    dedicated Transformer of all, Optimus Prime continues to face staggering odds as he and
    his Autobots battle the evil Decipticons. With the fate of Cybertron resting on his
    shoulders, he has become a model for all future Autobot leaders. Now available as a 1:6
    scale replica, you can bring home the massive 14” Optimus Prime Head Replica! Limited
    to 1,000 pieces and designed by Art Asylum, this replica features a hand-numbered base
    with matching box and Certificate of Authenticity. Scheduled to ship in April 2006.
    Replica SRP: $299.00

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All prices are Diamond Comic Distributors manufacturer suggested retail.
    See the entire Previews listings for all items here: Previews 12-2005 (~850k), and Marvel's seperate listings here: Prev.Marvel 11-2005 (~34k).
    Other non-Transformers titles from this listing of possible interest: G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE #8, G.I. JOE: SPECIAL MISSIONS: MANHATTAN, G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE VOL.I TPB, G.I. JOE: SIGMA 6 #3, STREET FIGHTER II #3, RIVAL SCHOOLS #2. See Previews lists above for DC & Marvel releases.
    Plug: We will carry most of the items above in the Decepticon-Matrix.com CyberStore. Please allow up to two weeks for us to list these items for pre-order. We may take special orders from any Previews listing upon request. Email ordering inquiries to CyberStore@Decepticon-Matrix.com

[​IMG]

Cory K

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

crap, is this gonna be the awesome one that's the cover to this month's Previews? I doubt my store is gonna order 150 issues :( 

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I'm worried about the same thing... :-/

I'm anxiously looking forward to seeing this series in print, though..it gives me a flicker of hope for the Energon comic, too.

4. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah i'm glad i stopped buying all the covers before dw went bankrupt... that's crazy talk right there (but kinda cool crazy talk)

5. Mikey5times

Mikey5times The Sicilian

This one should turn out pretty cool...

6. j3

hmm, the listing in previews is weird, it shows a piece of the big gatefold as one of the 4 regular 1:1 covers, and the full thing above it saying "Ask how to blah blah blah"... im guessing the full thing is the 1:150 incentive? or did they print the wrong cover in the regular 4 section and its the one shown on your page?

7. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I can't wait for Beast Wars.

8. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Beast wars will rule us all!

9. j3

anyone? cover situation? help?

10. DecepticonMatrix

DecepticonMatrix Collection Complete

I have submitted a request for clarification and hope to find out soon.

The retailer order form refers to the Incentive as a Gatefold (3-cover width). Seems as though previews did not show the wrap-around (2-cover width) cover above by mistake. Then again, the Previews text says 3 covers, not 4. So, I'll fix the post if needed as soon as it's certain.

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well this: [​IMG] is but a double spread from the interiors. its not a cover.

the real cover is a triple gatefold [which a third of it can be seen on the cover to Previews]

there'll be 4 covers. three regular sized ones [ie the Primal, Magmatron, and Megatron covers] and one triplegatefold [a chunk of which is seen on the cover to Previews]

at least thats what i was told when they had me color them

as for how each one gets divvied out, thats beyond me. though i suspect the way it says above in the first post is correct.

12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome. Looks like I'll be a poor man when these babies come out, cuz' I plan to pick up all 3 normal covers.

I hope the triplegate cover reflects what characters (yah! Terragtor, Manterror, Scarem!) will be in the series.:D 

13. j3

well, that's awesome if the triple-gatefold is one of the regular 4 covers (Previews says they're divvied out 1:1), but that then leaves the question "what's the incentive gatefold of?"

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    its probably the triplegatefold thats the incentive

there's another cover done by another artist but i'm unsure if its going to be used for issue 1 or issue 2. if its for issue 1 [which would make more sense subject wise] then you'll have 4 single page covers and a triplegatefold

but anyways. dont take my word as hard evidence. i just know inside of what i work on directly [and what i get to peek at xD]

15. j3

*head assplodes*

thanks for what you know though :p 

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    lol yeah :p 

guess it doesnt really help much but xD

haha