Minor/Repaint: Decaton mark 2--G1 Seeker custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bwsilverbolt, Mar 3, 2008.

1. bwsilverbolt

bwsilverbolt Well-Known Member

Really don't have a true name for this figure since I created it just to sell it on ebay years back. I listed one earlier just to gauge interest (had a very high reserve) and this was my way of giving back for that. Didn't go for as much as I hoped, barely broke even. Figure started life as a Starscream and Skywarp reissue, the yellow parts are Starscream dyed yellow, which I had hoped would be more yellow then gold. The black of course is Skywarp, no sense painting or dying pieces when you have a alternative already the needed color after all. The fun part of this and the part that gets the attention is the gatling guns. They are heavily modified Zoids custom add on parts for a Elephander. They are fully functional so they will spin. Tried to keep this one simple so that there was minimal risk in paint wear. Even provided the G1 reissue box and sealed it up so it was MISB when it was sold. I was pretty happy with it, probably should have kept it over my orginal.

Attached Files:

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    Interesting. I think it would look more balanced if you had brought some gold onto the wings and nosecone. Love the weapons upgrade though!

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Very cool concept, Gatling guns are a hell of a touch
    I'd love to see you bring it in to the Classics line.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    always had a soft spot for the old seeker customs.

just FYI, the reason the parts turned more gold than yellow is because they started as grey instead of as white. Ramjet would work perfect for you :) 

5. bwsilverbolt

Yeah I know that, was still hoping the yellow would pop more. The problem with using Ramjet is that unless you get a presitine one the dye will accumulate in the scratches. If you like custom G1 seekers I might have to post my seeker collection. I have around 60 unique seekers, I believe one of if not the largest such collection in the world.

I have a entire display of G1 seeker customs in pretty much every color you can think of.

6. REDLINE

News Credits:
    well yeah dude, we'd love to get all your customs in the gallery man. "The more, the merrier!" as they say. I hope that our gallery can become the most comprehensive location of Customs images anywhere. We're working hard on that!

We're finally starting to see a hint of the light at the end of the tunnel, too. Hopefully it won't be much longer that we can re-open normal submissions again.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Good job. I'd say if you were looking to sell a custom G1 seeker I'd go with giving a gold dye job to Starscream with white and orange accents for a Sunstorm custom, that's almost guaranteed to sell higher than a non-character based guy like this one would anyway. Not saying it's not a great color scheme, cuz it is, just saying if you wanna make money go Sunstorm

8. bwsilverbolt

I actually do have a Sunstorm that I'm working on.

[​IMG]

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Is that Hugger orange?

10. grimlock78

grimlock78 Well-Known Member

I would love to see your collection of painted seekers. I'm working on my first one...it will turn out OK its been a learning experience for me

11. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    damn those A-10 Gunship / Tank killer.. gatlings are WICKED!!