Customs: Decapitating Magnus...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nerroth, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Wow, with a thread title like that, I sound more like Galvatron!

Anyway - I'm moving this from the relevant Feedback thread.

Basically, I got Titanium G1 Magnus today - and already did the thigh-swap thing - but I was shown Don's (blurry) pics of a chopped-up Magnus, with the head attached to the removable cab, rather than the trailer as it is when it comes in the box.

According to Don:

I think I figured out how Don did it.

Not only do you cut the head joint off - you have to disassemble the cab, switch the connecting piece between the main cab section and the aft cab (to make the flat, not-exposed side face upwards) and glue the head join onto that. By far the longest part of the cab-altering was trying to take off one of the cab sides - I had to keep twisting it and twisting it to get it to come off, and twist it some more to get it back on once I switched the joint around!

Cutting that head-piece off took forever, though. I cut into it with a Stanley knife about 1/4 the way, then used large pliers to literally screw the head-joint off of its mounting!

This is how I can get it so far:

[​IMG]

I'll probably need to pin the head-joint onto the mounting later on - otherwise the glue won't be strong enough to stop it from falling off when I want to rotate the head.

Which I might need to do when transforming him.

Sigh.

Any ideas?

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All you had to do was switch the head platform onto the cab pin. No glue should've been involved. :lol 

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I'm not following you.

The head platform is part of one piece, to which the blue chest-thing is also attached to.

And the lengths of plastic are different at the pin for the chest to the pin for the cab.

As an aside, I have holes in the head-joint and the connecting piece - but I need a thicker metal piece to pin them together...

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The plate the head is on is held by a pin. You take that pin out, and move the plate to the pin in the truck. Atleast, that's what I've heard.

5. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    It is not like that.

The plate the head-piece is on is connected to the trailer by two screws, and has a pin connecting it to the blue flip-up chest thing.

No pin runs through where the actual head-piece sits.

And that plate the head-piece is connected to cannot go anywhere else.

The head piece has to be cut off, if it is to be moved...

6. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I've pinned the head on with a thicker piece of metal, and a tiny bit of green stuff - and this is the result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The head's articulation is gone, and I have to be careful in how I adjust the cab (which doesn't seem to stay straight by itself anymore...) but is it a fair trade?

The head is still too fragile, so probably not.

EDIT: Then again, I've gotten used to him - I an transform the cab if I am careful, and while I can't move the head, the better proportions definitely make up for it!

I guess you can say that I can deal with it now!