Debating on getting PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ironhide2005, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I wonder is it worth the money. I was playing a demo of arkham asylum and it was bad arse I was wondering if any games what I should get etc. any advice for a ps3 and if its worth the money

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    As far as I am concerned the only one worth a damn is the original 60GB with the Hardware Backwards Compatibility.

3. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I'd wait on a PS3. With Rumors of the PS3 slim and a price drop in the near future you're probably better off waiting.

Also God of War 3, Modnation Racers and lots of other great titles are going to be released for it next year so I'd just wait.

Also I'd like to see 3 Different threads stickied. A "I'm Getting A PS3 Recomend Me Some Games" thread, a "I'm Getting A 360 Recomend Me Some Games" thread, and a "I'm Getting A Wii Recomend Me Some Games" thread. Or maybe combine all threads into one or something. I see these threads at least once a week.

Probably won't happen though.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you're going to get one now, get one with all the bundled stuff. Backwards compatibility is pretty pointless at this juncture. it really only matters during the first year. If people can get over the 360 backwards compatibility, then the PS3 shouldn't be hard to forgive. If you still want to play PS2 games, then keep a PS2 around.

If money is an issue, wait until August to see if the rumored price drop is announced then. Either way, the PS3 is worth owning for a number of reasons, and really fun games is a major one.

5. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    K thanks for the help everyone.

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Yes the PS3 is worth getting. However, there is a rumored price drop and/or a new slim model coming soon. Some great games already out include Uncharted, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. Some upcoming games that I think look fun include Uncharted 2 and God of War 3. But be sure to research yourself for this topic. If you have an HDTV and no Bluray player, the PS3 is an excellent player for Bluray and it does a pretty good job at upscaling standard DVDs too.

I disagree. The only thing worse than a few of the same threads is one random mess of a megathread.

7. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Yeah I always wanted bluray now I diffently gonna save up for this.Also prototype looked really cool too.

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Smiling at my 60GB PS3.

9. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Agreed! Plus you get to know who's the new blood. Er I mean... Say hi to the new guy.

Anyways, I don't own a PS3 myself but Uncharted is a fun action/adventure and Killzone 2 is a blood bath of a first person shooter.

There is also Metal Gear Solid 4, but while a cool game in it's own right, if you want to know whats going on with the story as a whole, I would recommend that the check the previous 3 MGS titles first. My brother in law who's never played the other 3 Metal Gear Solid titles did say he was able to know what's going on in MGS4 story, but I still don't think you can compramise the grand scale of things unless you play all 4 games.

I'll give a mention to some titles that arnt exclusive to only the PS3 but are worth mentioning.

Halo 3 (JOKE!)
    Fallout 3
    Bioshock
    Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 1 & 2
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2 (especially 2)
    Prince of Pershia

I also think that Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is avilable on that system and is actually enhanced compared to the 360 one.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    If you have the money I'd say it's time to stop thinking about it and do it.

11. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Best media system available.

It's a fantastic entertainment hub.

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I was in the same boat. I was holding out and debating, until I saw someone on another board selling a 20gb backwards compatible system, with games and accessories and a couple of BR movies for 200 shipped. Lucked out on the deal and it was probably one of the best purchases I got.

13. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

I've heard that InFamous is kinda more worth 60 bucks with a better story, more originality and doesn't get that confusin' with the superhero thing, keepin' things with only one type of superpower set. Though Prototype's worth rentin'. This is all just based on what I've heard and read, though.

Also, if ya get PS3, ya gotta get Valkyria Chronicles too, if ya ain't havin' anythin' against the genre to a point of pukin' at hearin' of it :D  Its cheap these days.

14. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    Thanks again everyone gonna hold out till august for the good word but diffently will save my bucks for this.

15. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

I've heard that InFamous is kinda more worth 60 bucks with a better story, more originality and doesn't get that confusin' with the superhero thing, keepin' things with only one type of superpower set. Though Prototype's worth rentin'. This is all just based on what I've heard and read, though.

Also, if ya get PS3, ya gotta get Valkyria Chronicles too, if ya ain't havin' anythin' against the genre to a point of pukin' at hearin' of it :D  Its cheap these days.