Deathstroke vs Flash - what comic book is this from?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gridlock1987, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I'm sure someone will be able to help me with this. My friend showed me this and wonders where it's from:

[​IMG]

Thank you in advance for any help. :) 

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Its from the early-mid 90s, from the looks of it. Cant say exactly where though.

I know he basically pulled the same trick in identity crisis though, but with his sword.

3. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

It's obviously an old comic. We now know Flash can catch a bullet and see things move in slow motion. He even dodged all of Superman's punches in Justice League. Against the Flash, Deathstroke would need something like deadman switch bomb, because he wouldn't even be able to lift a gun before the Flash got to him.

4. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ should actually know something about Deathstroke before speaking.

Deathstroke (comic book character)

Tactician, super strength, super agility and super speed. Slade can take on Flash easily.

OP: I think the page is from Teen Titans written by Geoff Johns. That's the Wally West Flash Deathstroke is fighting. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Deathstroke had his own book in there somewhere.... like in the late 90s or 2000ish... probably from that.

EDIT - my bad, I think it was early 90's. like 90 - 94. I remember because I was in highschool and worked at a comicshop and I remember it being the hot new thing for like a week.

6. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Nope. Wally's wearing the uniform he got in issue #50 and lost just before Geoff John's run. Morrison/Millar was the last team to use it. Also, fast as he is, Slade's not lightspeed fast, nor are his guns. Unless it's a laser gun (as in this case), Wally can catch the bullets, and unless he just isn't looking (as in this case), Slade can't match his speed. Slade is capable of defeating Wally, but pretty every circumstance of the fight need to be in his favor. I.E, "prep time."

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    That's Wally's 90's outfit. So it was probably on one of his old books. Another thing to remember is Slade has been fighting Wally since he was Kid Flash, so he can partially predict what Wally, who's always been a little impulsive would do.

Also you have to remember that in the old days Deathstroke was depicted as a true bad ass. He's taken on the Justice league and gotten away, he and Batman have both won/ lost battles against each other, He's beaten the Teen Titans a few times, and he once took out the entire x-men himself.......Yes the X-men. There was a Titans/X-men crossover in the mid 80's. At the height of both series popularity.

[​IMG]

Not a character to underestimate.