Deathsaurus and his Fortress for TFilmIV!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 31, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Only a recommendation, but I think Deathsaurus (Deathsaurus (Victory) - Transformers Wiki, Deathsaurus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) would make a great antagonist for TRANSFORMERS 4:

- he can turn into a Dragonzord. Since we can't have official Dinobots in these films (no robots taking on Earth beast forms), we could try an indirect approach and cast robots like Sky-Lynx and Deathsaurus (robots with animal non-Earth forms, like Hatchet). It'd be fun to see an "Autobots vs Godzilla"-styled fight.

- he has a hovering planet-destroying fortress. That reads "Transformer Death Star", and would make for an awesome visual sight as well as a source of new Decepticons and a great battle site.

- he's an interesting character: a Decepticon warlord whose ultimate goal is to take revenge and finish off his greatest rival, but also a caring wife and father as well as commander of an army. I think such a character might work well for a Bayformer.

Would you like to see a TFilm Deathsaurus?

2. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

As long as he survives the movie, I think Deathsaurus would be a great addition to the Decepticons.

3. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why can't they take on Earth beast forms? We had a pretender in one of the movies, so it's not really a giant leap from one organic formto another.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    HA!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I would have suggested Corey Burton for his voice but he won't do the Bay films.

Perhaps Christopher Lee, since I wanted Corey to use his Count Dooku voice.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

he bring dino force
    dino force unite into dinoking

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    “Why can't they take on Earth beast forms?”
    According to MBay and the ROTF writers, the Dinobots were originally meant for ROTF – they were to have been the Fallen’s servants, taking the form of robotic dinosaurs. However, they disputed on whether that’d be feasible – the previous film had stated the robots would scan and take the forms of Earth technology, so how could they scan animal forms and copy them? And how could they manage to hide on Earth past prehistoric times? So they were replaced with the Seekers.

However, this does not exclude the appearance of native Transformer wildlife, as Scorponok, Ravage, Laserbeak have proved. This leaves room for bots like Sky-Lynx and Deathsaurus to appear. Deathsaurus is rather unique as he is both a warlord and a Transformer animal: maybe he experimented on something and went nuts, whatever. The point is, he can serve as a possible Bayformer antagonist.

“We had a pretender in one of the movies, so it's not really a giant leap from one organic form to another.”
    The Pretender seemed to me to be a one-off. It didn’t appear to work on a long-term level no matter how “enticing” it seemed, otherwise Dylan Gould would have been a Pretender planted on Earth years ago.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think the idea of having small robots that are animals as their robot forms and capable of disguising themselves as technology is easier to keep descrete than a lynx the size of a space shuttle.

I'd be all for Deathsaurus as the D-con leader. He's got nobody to hide from.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    If a Cybertronian animal can separate its components and disguise them as construction vehicles, I imagine it could also disguise itself as a space shuttle.

Devastator should have been sentient perhaps. But hey he was still awesome, and I'd love to see what the Autobots have that can match that. There's Omega Supreme, Defensor, Superion... but I'd like to see a Sky-Lynx.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have to be honest and say I don't care much for Deathsaurus, either as a character or as a design. On the other hand, the movies would most likely change everything about him anyway, like most of the other characters, so who knows. Maybe I'd think he was great in the movies.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That was a bad comparrison. Actually Sky Lynx would be pretty fucking awesome. But a robot disguising itself as a giant robotic Dinosaur is a little... weird.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's a great idea mate! I'd LOVE to see Deathsarus come back into the TF franchise sooner or later!

And kudos to the Animal as robot mode idea. I do have an idea for the Dinobots if they do come into TF4. Their alt mode can be like milltary vehicles while thier robot mode can be like reptillian humanoids with features of their dinosaur modes from G1. Think on the lines of Godzilla and Kaiju. That way they can blend in with the whole tone and direction the movies want and yet still make them unique among the Autobots.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I know I'm willing to see the Predacon team in the movies (not necessarily a combiner, and entirely Cybertronic or Techno-Organic are cool either way).

14. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Deathsaurus is kind of a lame cliche name.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well his name in Japan is called Dezaras which is a much more threating name.

16. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I disagree.