Death's Head Marvel Universe Figure in 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Sorry man, it's GI Joe-scale.

But hey, maybe we'll get a Marvel Legends in a few years.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

It all depends on how much you'd spend for a 10-inch Death's Head figure, but I know what you mean. Secondary market is where I've managed to pick up Build-a-Figures.

To clarify, what I meant was that a BaF would make sense in the context of other Marvel Legends (or even the 3.75" figures), because in the comics now he's back to being Transformer-sized (30-40ft).

However, I think that a BaF would probably be a bit too big for most TF collections. Ideally something around Voyager size would be perfect.

Yeah, I could get behind that. In the meantime, a 4" Death's Head will provide an affordable alternative. I REALLY hope he's the original version with the green jacket. That's the classic DH for me.

On a related note, Derrick Wyatt is full of it. Lockdown was totally cribbed from Death's Head, even if he has to say otherwise to keep Marvel's lawyers at bay. :lol 

zmog

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm just not that into Superhero figures. I think the last I bought were a few movie Iron Man figures from the first film and the one before that was aaaages ago and was Deathlok back in the early 1990s.
    I'd maybe spend £10 maximum on a Death's Head figure around six inches tall or whatever standard size they are these days. Maybe a bit more if he had loads of accessories.
    Although I could sell off the other figures if I had to buy a handful to collect all the parts of a build-a-figure DH I'd still resent the hassle of it compared to just being able to go buy a DH figure as-is. That and I'd probably not make the difference in money back having to sell on the stuff I didn't want.
    I suppose I could go secondary market too for a DH like that but really I shouldn't have to. Build-a-Figure stuff is just a crappy marketing trick the calculating kind of which I really don't like.

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad DH is at the 4 inch scale. Joe size is the perfect action figure size IMO. The Legends toys are way too big and way too expensive. I'm kinda sorry to see them back at retail and hope the Marvel U. Figures stay the standard.

-ZacWilliam, comes from growing up with Secret Wars and Superpowers figures I expect...

5. SMOG

I echo most of your concerns on the matter. I'm not a superhero collector either (needless to say, a Death's Head would go directly into my TF collection). In those rare instances when I really wanted something that was only released as a BAF, then obviously the secondary market is the way to go, rather than chasing down a whole wave at retail.

However, I don't have any problem with the BAF formula. I think it's a great way to get larger figures that normally might not have the cache or popularity to get released any other way. It encourages being completist, but it's not necessary if you don't want the big figure. Buying one more character to complete a BAF is not so bad, since the figures aren't usually all that expensive, and the BAF itself is essentially a free bonus for completing the wave. I think it's a great compromise between purely market-driven promotion, and fan-friendly incentives.

I get that, but I have to say, I'm fully converted to the larger Marvel Legend/DCU scale. I think it makes for a beautiful collection (speaking as witness to a friend of mine with a substantial DCU collection) and the larger size feels more satisfying in my hands. 3.75" works better for lines where there is an emphasis on vehicles and such (GIJOE, Star Wars). Even the Super Powers and Secret Wars figures were more like 4", and the slight scale increase added to their appeal (though it made it hard to mix a 6'8ft tall Wolverine or Spidey with my Joes... ). :D 

But for Death's Head, I say he needs to be Marvel Legends sized for 2 reasons...

1) Death's Head was about 30ft tall... then 7ft... then back up to 30ft. Produced as part of the Marvel U. line, he would inevitably be too small in relation to other characters. It's like having a Giant Man or Hulk who's only normal size. Feels wrong.

2) Screw superhero action figures... at that size he'd match my Classics Autobots better! Death's Head in the UK TF comics was about the size of Prime or Megatron, so that way he'd scale nicely with the collection. :) 

zmog

6. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Count me in as another who would buy a few of this guy, it'd be great if they'd release all versions of him, but I'm happy to hear he's finally getting made.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish they would've released that 3d render to the public. I'm dying to see it.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm so glad this thread keeps getting bumped without new content.

9. sh002

sh002 Banned

off topic but marvel universe and transformers related, i would buy a mu black spiderman with an updated generations gears figure 2 pack if they made one.

10. SMOG

It's a discussion forum. Such is life.

zmog

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    sorry about the no news bump :eek: 

but hope we see or hear some news about this soon still so excited about it :D 

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    need pics! XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.