Deaths Head for Regeneration, yes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Jaicen, May 25, 2012.

1. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this is a long shot, given that the UK continuity stuff is not supposed to be included in the new Regeneration One series, but, I was wondering if anybody besides myself would relish the idea of Deaths Head returning to the Transformers?
    Obviously, there would be a continuity issue if he was to be 20ft tall again, but how brilliant would it be to see everyone's favourite freelance peace keeping agent again?

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lots of folks would love to see him.

Marvel Comics owns him.

Not gonna happen.

-ZacWilliam, at least we're supposedly getting a Death's Head figure from Marvel/Hasbro next year.

3. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :( 

Whatever figure arrives, it will either be inaccurate, or some stupid scale like 3.75" rather than the 10" I want. Fingers crossed though.

4. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    I want 3.75/4 inch. (Allready confirmed at that size.) That's the perfect action figure size to me. So I'm happy.

-ZacWilliam, if every figure line was based around a variation of the G.i.Joe style figure I'd be thrilled.

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bleurgh. At that size, he's too big to display as Deaths Head 1 mkII (after meeting the doctor), and too small to display as MkI. Hopefully, he'll be Deaths Head 2 and I can just ignore him anyway.

6. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    The toy's supposedly gonna be Death's Head III, so..yeah.

But yeah, someone asked Furman at his panel at Botcon if Death's Head was going to be in the comic. He outright said "no" because he is owned by Marvel. Same goes for Circuitbreaker, but someone, without spoiling too much, would be replacing her.

7. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    No. It's not.

They showed design sketches at the announcement. Everyone was VERY clear that it was the original Death's Head in one of his Senior designs from his old solo comic.

-ZacWilliam, that's why everyone was very excited.

8. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I'm assuming this was shown at one of those 'no-pictures' slideshow presentations?

I'll be picking him up I suppose, if he's green. If he's blue, i'll probably go for for it if the price is right.

9. Leo Primus

Leo Primus Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Simon said that the UK stories wouldn't be overlooked. Maybe they could make some kind of a deal with Marvel along the way.

10. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm assuming everyone knows what happened to Death's Head after his last Transformers appearance, right? Even if they could, I'm not sure how they could bring him back into that universe, and not as that uninteresting poser Death's Head II.

Sad but true.

11. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Death's Head being owned by Marvel is frankly Furman's own fault. He was the one who colluded with Marvel to get around Hasbro's contract with them by having the character's first appearance outside of TFs despite him being planned for the TF book from the beginning.

He was in Gillen's Sword and Gillen is doing UXM so likely he'll pop up there like Unit.

12. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, there is a gap in Deaths Head's external continuity when he's sent back in the timestream, who knows what happened before he met the Doctor?
    Also, in the original stories, DH was absent for a while before being contracted by Blott (I think), so again, another gap to be exploited.
    Considering the Timejumps so common in DH's own run, it wouldn't be out of the question for him to pop up again somewhere.

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In his defense we got a really good series and The Body in Question out of it.