Deathnote...anyone into it?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 03Mach1, Nov 26, 2007.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did anyone pick up the first Volume last week? I was hooked after the first episode and so much has happened in the first four episodes that I can't wait for the next volume.

2. Destroyer

Destroyer Destruction to all

I watch just about all anime.I've only seen 2 episodes of Deathnote so far and can't really put a judgement on it yet.So far it is okay.I'm waiting for more Bleach.

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I'd definitely watch the Japanese version. The whole series is excellent. Superb story and characterization. You'll really get into it. Watch an episode of the Japanese show to see which sub you like more. Personally, I think the Japanese voice actor for Light NAILED the charater, and I don't see how anyone can compare.

Side Note : The VA for Light is also the VA for Setsuna in the new Gundam 00 series.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Read all the manga and loved it.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the manga as well and really enjoyed volumes 1 - 7 and 12; the intervening 4 volumes just meandered, pushed significant characters to the background and I found them boring. Though the screencaps of the anime look nice artistically and capture the appearance of the manga well, I'm just not sure how interesting such a dialogue-heavy series would be in animated form. I'll probably pick it up eventually, since the manga was decent, but I'll wait until a boxset of the dub eventually comes out.