Death to all Wal-Mart stockers and toy department managers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl_Delta_31, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I have been going to Wal-Mart (6 stores) for the past month asking (not overly) if they were going to get the Devastator 5 pack in and they told me a few times they didnt know and then finally told me they wasnt going to get any. I went to Wal-Mart this morning and they had 50 of them in. Oh and buy the way I ordered off line last night and had to pay like 6 bucks shipping.

2. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    And that's why I never ask about stock; they never (or can't/won't) give you a good answer. I just show up once a week.

3. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    They probably don't know when they are going to get them. I sometimes call but rarely do I get an answer that they have what I'm looking for, actually I'm not sure if I've gotten a yes yet. I just go to a random Wal-Mart around me each week when I'm looking for something and just hope they have it. That is usually the best way to do it, at least that is my experience.

4. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, best advice with Wally World is - don't bother. No one knows anything in that place 99% of the time - they just work there..."If you don't see it on the shelves, chances are we don't have it" is what they always seem to tell me. That and constantly finding the wrong toy repacked in a box are two of the things about Walmart that always makes me feel like my skin is crawling when I walk into one.

5. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Yeah but they flat out told me that they wasnt going to get it at like 3 stores.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Walmart employees should change the words on the backs of their vests to "Buzz off!"

7. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Thats pretty funny.

8. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Botcon Custominzing Class Teacher Shawn Tessman is a Walmart Toy stocker......

9. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Alabama Wal-Mart people.................................................sorry.

10. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

ppl who work at the wallllllmart are ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I called a Walmart about a Classics Jetfire a few months ago because of a sighting there that night. The lady put me on hold to look and when she came back she said there wasn't any. Probably would have saved me a trip had it not been there, but I found it there early in the morning behind some Classics Prime. They may have stocked it that night. I don't know. I usually don't call.

I had a similar thing with target when Primus came out last year. I gave the lady on the phone the DCPI and she said they were in stock. Even mentioned Primus without me asking. Even offered to check on the shelves to verify they were there. Went over there and found a bunch of Metroplex.

I don't bother calling anymore.

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I went to W*M a few days ago for Ravages and Rumbles for two fellow TFWers and myself. I found two sets right away, and asked a stocker if they had more. He scanned Rumble with his handheld and said, "It shows we have 28 of them." :eek:  He and two other employees were COMPLETELY UNABLE TO FIND THEM either out on the floor or in the stockroom. :banghead: 

These were found, by the way, 4 days after being told by a manager at another W*M that there were no Ravages or Rumbles within a 100-mile radius. The above store was 45-50 miles away from this one.

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Heh, I remember looking for the first Unicron here in Huntsville, and finally, after searching week after week, saw at one WM that they'd gotten him in(empty shelf space marked with the price sticker thing). Since the box was so large and they could only put out a few at a time, I figured that surely they'd have more. Found a guy stocking Barbies and asked him about it. He looked at me with an expression that said "F off", and told me, "What you see is what we got. So if it's not there, we don't have any, sorry". He put the last Barbie on the shelf and walked away without giving me a chance to say anything else. Didn't believe a word he said, and was tempted to go complain to the manager, but figured it wasn't worth it over a toy.

Came back to that WM 2 days later and scored a Unicron though.

14. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Huntsville thats cool I live in Meridianville which Wal-Mart you frequent.

15. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    It's very possible that they won't. I've been to 5 wal-marts in the Tampa area and only two have had Alternators Ravage and Rumble, Devastator, or the Star Wars battlepack every is going nuts over.

Wal-mart's distribution of exclusives pretty piss poor IMO. Just to give you perspective, I only saw these Star Wars value 2 packs at 2 Tampa area wal-marts, and they weren't even the same ones I've seen the recent exclusives at.

16. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    It's a fact of life that some Walmart employees don't have a clue as to their inventory. Example, went there a while back two days in a row. Day one; they had a good number of Deluxe Cybertron Transformers hanging on their pegs. Day two; the Deluxes were all gone and even their "labled" pegs were missing. Asked an associate what happened to the Deluxes, he looked at me like deer with it's eyes locked on head lights for a few moments. Then muttered sold out, before walking away.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I saw them get in the devistators at one wal-mart......they still aren't on the shelves

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the process there is anything like Target, regular workers won't have a clue when something is coming in. Even managers probably won't know what's coming until it rolls off a truck, unless it's a special item and store exclusives like this don't necessarily count. So asking when they're getting something in is pretty much pointless.

That said... yeah, walmart sucks.

Just FYI, DPCI is the Target term. DePartment Class Item number. Not sure what Walmart's system uses.

19. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw the Classics Devestator at a local WM. The stocker there said that they couldn't be sold until April 10th. I'm like "ORLY?" And she said that they wouldn't even ring up at the cashier station. I thought about calling her on it, but just left, as there are other WMs around here that bother selling products to their customers.

Edit: And I don't wish them death. Some training and product-knowledge would be enough for me.

-Tony!

20. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I'm convinced they don't even have planograms. Sure we see the pieces of paper around reset time, but how many wal-marts just have things thrown on any peg and extra stockjust piled in front of pegged product? :lol