Dear Takara, please Encore Thrust & Ramjet next!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alex5, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

I would really like to see Thrust & Ramjet (and to a lesser extent, Dirge) amongst the next few releases in the Encore line, I just can't justify those e-Hobby reissues :( 

I have loose G1 originals of the 6 Seekers & Coneheads, but like to collect the reissues to have a nice fresh boxed version too. Since I grew back into Transformers only a few years ago, I have picked up TFC and Encore Starscreams, Encore Skywarp & Thundercracker and e-Hobby Dirge (got a great deal). But the final two are $200 a piece when they occasionally turn up on eBay, which is a bit rich for my blood on a G1 jet... and since AFAIK those two never hit the Commemorative series either... I wonder how long it can possibly be before we do get another reissue?

It's a bit weird they always halt the reissue lines before they get round to Thrust and Ramjet... I assume they still have the molds if they last released them post-2000. I just wonder if the recent Henkei release of these guys will help/hinder their case in the Encore series?

Anyone think we may be lucky and get a triple pack Thrust/Ramjet/Dirge for ~$85?

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I would rather them be released individually, but I am all for Encores! I need those two guys! I have the 1st 3 seekers and Sunstorm. I have Dirge. I am dying to get those two!

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm down with a Thrust and Ramjet reissue. I need to complete my G1 seeker set.

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need all three conheads so it sounds good to me.

5. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll second Thrust and Ramjet as the next encore reissue or as part of the rumored reissues that Hasbro will be doing.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yes please.

7. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Well I think that's conclusive then :lol  Step to it Takara!

Although seriously, with them having done Skywarp and Thundercracker in the line, it would be odd if they didn't have some intention of completing the set if the line does well enough.

I'd prefer Japanese release over American purely because they won't have to mess with Thrust's missiles. Don't think Ramjet's weapons would be affected though.

8. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I would buy those for sure.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am really hoping these are the next Encore releases, since they seem like two of the more realistic candidates that would generate some demand. They're the only two Seekers I'm missing too.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have originals of both, but wouldn't object to an Encore version. But let's go the whole hog and get Dirge as well! (Whose original I also have, but I can't get enough of Encore!)

11. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'd like a Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet Conehead Encore set. I need all three Coneheads.:eek: 

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Do you not remember that Dirge and Hoist were the steaming piles of crap that clogged up TRU's shelves like cheese does to a colon and murdered the US reissue line?

They sold terribly and Thrust and Ramjet were cancelled because of it.

I think people overestimate the popularity of these molds.

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I agree with the above poster, The conehads are cool and great but from a sales perspektiv they might not be. Thundercracker and Skywarp are always the obvious choice, coneheads come later. I am all for a encore reissue of them as the ehobby/conventuion exclusivs are expensiv except Dirge that you can get for under 100$.

14. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Where's the shame in wanting the full set of Decepticon Jets from G1? :lol 

Just because it doesn't sell well in the States doesn't mean an awful lot to Takara's release policy either... and the US toy laws mean that a lot of those reissues were neutered somehow, which hurt their popularity (Hoist and Dirge were unaffected though IIRC).
    There are a lot of new fans since the LAMs looking to build their G1 collections and these guys are a strange omission considering they were 'main' characters, albeit silent ones for the most part. Lets face it, not all the popular characetrs had 'good' toys, but those figures are still in high demand.

15. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

As a regular browser and contributor to these boards, I'm sure the CEO of Takara will read this and personally take action.

In all seriousness, of course it's a good idea. Be patient - it will happen eventually.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought Hoist never saw Dirge, I would like to get a set of G1 coneheads. It's true like you say just cause I want it does not mean it will sell well.

17. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Damn, I thought posting on a messageboard was how the fandom always get what they want :gen069: 

18. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

TRU didn't exactly help when they hiked up the price.

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Encore TC-SW 2-pack was on clearance 50% off at hlj.com several weeks ago when I bought my set. I mean these things don't sell very well apparently. The toys have to sell well for Encore to continue.

20. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    This is what makes me mad. People talk about how they want these figures to be made and when they are made available, nobody will buy them. They sit around and wait for clearances and what not. These reissue lines can't survive this way!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.