Dear IDW: now continue the cartoon!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Oct 10, 2012.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I am glad for Regeneration. Altho the pacing can be slow, I am liking where it is going.

Now I'd like to see IDW continue the US cartoon after Rebirth Part 5. Yeah, I know the same can be achieved by watching the Japanese Headmasters... but that's not necessarily the same continuity. Besides- maybe we can pick up with Danial in his late 30's.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    This might not be a bad idea in the slightest. Yeah the cartoon may not be known for it's quality, but that doesn't have to be the case with a comic sequel. And it would certainly help expand concepts introduced late in the game in the actual series they originated in.

3. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I'd rather see Animated be continued.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Oh yeah.

Changed my mind. Want Animated continued instead.

5. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Definately.

That too- but can be a separate request :tongue: 

6. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I'd rather see HMS give us a cartoon than watch IDW stretch out season 4 of the G1 cartoon. It's so bad that sometimes I forget it even exists.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel like this could be a legitimate thing to do if Regen1 is a smash hit and they really feel some pain when its cancellation looms. Not really sure that will be true though.

I guess they do have the precedent of Flint Dille writing for them though.

Honestly, rather than another left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is up to situation, why not coordinate with FunPub and get Dille working on a Wings of Honor-continuity book, with a decent number of issues? I LOVE the whole idea of WoH, but there's very little material for it right now. I also don't think you're going to get much closer to the compromise WoH strikes with art style and tone.

A slavish copying of the cartoon style would NOT go over very well methinks, what you're after is that whimsical tone, colorful art and characters, and over-the-top feel in a more "modern" comic book serialized story.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    When Regeneration One ends, how about new stories set within season one and two of the 80s cartoon?

Each story would be a stand alone but would be set between specific episodes or even during an episode. If we barely see a character during a particular episode other than a cameo then we find out what they were doing when they weren't shown in that episode. Or another story may take place immediately after or before a particular episode.

Full issue stories, half issue stories, five page stories, single page stories; each story focusing on a different time and different characters.

Where did the season two characters come from and why were they effected by a lack of Cybertronium? Why didn't Skids show up often? What is the true origin of the Constructicons? What happened between season two and the movie? These are the sort of questions the comic would answer.

9. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too would like to see the cartoon continued. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but it has always bothered me that the cartoon never got a proper ending. Yes Optimus is back and Cybertron has it's second golden age, so it sort of got a happy ending, but Scorponok and Galvatron are still out there, so it was never really an ending. I want to see the final battle to close it all up. We never saw Optimus fight Galvatron. I'd really enjoy a final battle where Prime uses his energon axe to decapitate Galvatron and the war ends once and for all. A proper farewell to original show. I'd take this in any format at all, cartoon, comics, video games, whatever.

10. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    If done right, that could be pretty cool.

All the same, We have two G1-based comics going right now (3 if you count Regeneration), so I think there might be a bit of fatigue and it could confuse some readers.

All the same, if the IDW-verse ever ended, this could be a potential path.

Personally, I don't have that same attachment to the G1 cartoon and have an infinite number of things I'd want first. Like more Animated, or a reboot/retake/revamp of the Unicron trilogy.

11. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I would be interested in this.

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

[​IMG]

you ALL want Animated continued...

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yes, I want this so much! In the cartoon they could reformat into their classics styled counterparts and than continue the story IDW style :D 

In flashbacks they could use the WFC molds.

But does IDW have any experience in creating cartoons?

14. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about they continue Animated?

16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Jedi mind tricks don't work on me...

17. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Yes to the things in this thread.

18. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This is about a comic continuation of G1, not a cartoon continuation. IDW has no animation studio or anything of the sort.

19. gregles

gregles quintesson

I would like to see it continued. I would like to see the targetmasters get there characters fleshed out as they barely got a scene to define them in rebirth, this could be a mtmte type chance to use them as a blank slate and make them interesting. I would like to see how cybertron functions as a golden age again. galvertron and zaraks rivalry could be interesting, I definitely think galvertron should prevail maybe he could trick zarak into breaking scorponok into vector sigmor chamber then giving scorponock a spark against zarak's will. I don't think they should try and add too many characters at once which I know would be tempting given how many toys never got characters but a smallish cast is probably best for room for characterisation. I would like to see the quintessons return(don't throw rocks, I like them) and maybe the cartoons transformer(and unicrons) origin expanded upon in a way that left it open to multiple interpretations like in the idw annuals. It wouldn't hurt to maybe introduce a few new characters in time maybe thunderwing or overlord?

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I want Animated continued. Don't care about the G1 cartoon.