Dear Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sentai, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Sentai

Sentai TokuCon

Dear Hasbro, I think it's time you and I had a talk. Let me start by saying your work can be spectacular when you put your mind to it. And over the years I've been very pleased. But.. lately we've come across some problems in our relationship. Your lightpiping can be excellent. But why, when you go through the time/trouble/money to put it into the head a figure, do you then paint the eyes (Night Ops Ratchet)? Then there's the question of your choice of articulation. Shall we use Cybertron Ransack as an example? He has a waist joint. Which is wonderful, I love when you include waist joints. But it's not needed for transformation, which means you put it in specifically as a waist joint. So why then, when in robot mode, does it lock into his chest peice making it unable to move? You give us these wonderful things, and then take them away at the same time. Which brings us all to the elephant in the room. 3rd Party Devolopers. Yes, I have cheated on you. But what choice did you leave me? You were never going to release insecticons, were you ever going to give us Elseworld styled Transformers? And then you truely broke my heart. First Edition Transformers Prime. You showered us with figures of awe inspiring greatness. Pantheons of what you can do when you truely love us. .. And then you stop making them. And give us RiD Prime figures. Which aren't all bad, I'll admit that. But Hasbro, what sin have we done? What could we possibly have ever done to you to deserve a figure as horrible as Arachnid? And why, my dearest hasbro, do you give Japan the best and us the scraps? .. No, Hasbro. I'm sorry. But this Dear John letter needs to end.

I'll always remember the good times.

Sentai

2. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Without trying to sound like an ass...but you do know that this isn't a Hasbro forum right?

Yeah, I see where you're going with this, but did you ever consider actually WRITING this to Hasbro themselves?

I wrote them a letter back in late February (or early March, can't remember) and a few things actually happened from it (FE being released later this year). I won't take any credit for that, but maybe my letter (along with others) made a difference.

Just saying that if you have actual problems with Hasbro related items...write them a letter. Not an E Mail, but an actual letter.

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Another one bites the dust.

4. Sentai

Sentai TokuCon

Because this isn't an actual letter to Hasbro. More.. an Airing of my Greivences (Yea, my spelling is that bad). And maybe other people could post their own 'letters' to Hasbro to. In the small hope maybe someone from hasbro reads it. And maybe, just maybe, tries a little harder.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    *Shakes head*. Broken heart over something that they have announced will be released again.

6. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Wow. This is incredibly hard to take seriously.

7. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Sure, I'll post a letter.

Dear Hasbro,

Thanks for expanding Transformers into other areas such as Bot Shots and Kre-Os; I love the shit out of these spinoff lines.

Despite the shrinking of the toys and the price increase, Shockwave is amazing, so thanks for that too. Peaugh has shown me that Bruticus can look amazing with some tweaking. Grimlock and Blaster? Hell yes. I take the good with the bad.

Thanks for giving me a chance to get FE Prime for $20 also.

It's okay when you do stuff like paint the eyes of figures, like Fireblast Optimus, because a little alcohol and the paint comes right off.

Cybertron was a kick ass line, so thanks for that.

Yea, you gave us Airachnid, but third party gave us the horrible Sonicron so everyone makes mistakes. I forgive you.

And Breakdown? It's cool, I just imported one. We all need to get used to Takara having exclusive Transformers these days.

Thanks Hasbro, it's still a load of fun to collect Transformers. Don't let the negativity get you down; I sure don't.

Roufuss

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To the original post you do know that Hasbro is releasing the FE figures again later this year right? That's a sign of Hasbro trying to correct that mistake that was made long ago by the retailers.

Yes the size decrese and high prices can be annoying but then again we've had something like that in the past so it's nothing that different. Sure the RID line has Airachnid but we've alsomhave gems like the Vehicon.

9. BoatWithAHole

BoatWithAHole Boat with holes in it

This is so stupid on so many levels.

10. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,

I am a Nigerian Prince. Due to the upheaval in my country, my vast wealth has become entangled in our banking system and I do not have the funds to pay the fees needed to get my great riches out. I know you are a company that makes Transformer toys for customers who are never satisfied. Luckily, my country considers Transformers to be a currency.

If you would see fit to ship me several cases of Transformer toys (preferably the SDCC Bruticus set), I can use these figures to pay the bank fees and retrieve my fortune. In return, I will then pay you back, plus interest. It is clear from the message board postings on the decadent American websites that no one likes your toys anymore, so it would be a great investment for you!

I am a Nigerian Prince, so you know I am honest.

Thank You,

Prince Mr. Chaos

PS: I am also giving away free Ipads for a contest you never entered. Just send me some free Masterpiece figures as a processing fee and I will ship out your Ipad.

11. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Bravo, Mr. Chaos. Bravo.

---

In all honesty, I think you're being a bit quick to fire on this one. We're getting Insecticons in the Fall of Cybertron line. We're getting the Asian Market Exclusives (By the way, Japan's not getting shit. Asian Market exclusives = Hasbro Asia = China/Malaysia/etc.) Every line has a toy that is undeniably garbage. First edition is coming back for a bit, and honestly, the size of the toys changing is not surprising, given the current economy and plastic prices. The complaints about Cybertron Ransack and Night Ops Ratchet seem nitpicky to the highest possible degree, as well.

Just relax, don't stress out about it, and be chill. All in all, this is all about toys made for children.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

That's funny, I could have sworn Hasbro was going to rerelease the FE line in the states, along with giving us completely epic figures like FoC Grimlock (who can double as a superior Classics version to replace the just decent original), all of the formerly Chinese-only Generations retools, versions of Wreckers who haven't had toys in years that are also RID Commandos homages, and from the looks of things some pretty damn awesome Prime Voyagers including the first Beast-former we've had in years.

:lolol  Your posts are comedic gold, man.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Since I couldn't make it through the first post without damaging the muscles on my eyes from rolling them so hard, I'll address the things I could read before having to explain the situation to my doctor:

Painted light-piping - toys are engineered with this in case of future repaints, but sometimes the deco looks better or is more accurate with a different colour. No big deal. Hell, you cited Night Ops Ratchet. Um, the original use of the mould did utilize the light-piping.

"Useless" joints (something that happens SO VERY OFTEN YOU SEE)- leftovers from previous stages of design that weren't affecting the budget and weren't worth retooling just because they weren't conflicting with anything. Plus, it gives the toy a little extra something for those who pose their figures. I find it funny that you cite a waist joint of all things, a joint that is not only fairly useless in the grand scheme for mose toys, but absent on more than 80% of them. And in his case, well, I can use the waist joint on him just fine. But he's so small and stocky, why would you ever need to?

Third Parties - They make a lot of stupid design choices too. Plus you pay like five-eight times more for them.

Sorry you're not super-satisfied with your toys for small children.

Also @ Mr. Chaos. :lol 

Because they've totally been slacking off. Giving us all these FOC toys, G1 homages after G1 homages, a $100 Masterpiece Optimus, three different Bruticus', one an exclusive and one based of a series literally no one outside the fandom knows about, and all this during a bad economy and so-on...

Yeah, the mere fact that Transformers is stronger than ever and one of the most successful boys toys lines out there today is totally a sign of complete apathy from all the many peple and branches at Hasbro.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I'm amazed people took that as a serious/real letter.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    How funny would it be if he actually sent that?

Also funny I don't see TakaraTomy anywhere in that.

16. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:

Of course they did...why wouldn't they believe I was a Nigerian Prince?

Ok, Mr. Chaos is going to be serious for a moment kids, so settle down and let him speak:

Topic Starter...we have mocked you and your letter, but now I want to offer some sympathy. We all feel like this at times. That is part of the hobby...part of any hobby. You honestly believe that we are the only fandom that goes through this? Be it DC Comics or football teams or Harry Potter, every fandom has moments that make them go, "Why are they doing this? Why don't they care about us?"

That is part of life.

You are upset about actions Hasbro has taken. And that is ok, it is your right. But also understand why we are laughing and rolling our eyes: it is called experience. We've ALL made these kinds of posts, promised to never buy one of their toys again, sworn that they are killing the brand and 'raping our childhood'.

And we've all come back.

If you love Transformers as much as you claim, you will too. They will produce something you like in the coming months and you will come back and enjoy it again.

But until then, take a break. Save your money...start a new collecting hobby (I collect the DC Movie Masters and the Marvel Movie 4 inch figures, for example). Write a book or beat a video game you've always wanted to play. Because unlike a girlfriend, Transformers and Hasbro will always welcome you back.

It gets better.

...ok, I'm done being serious, back to make jokes.

17. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Too many words, and I stopped reading. Sorry.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Preach on.

The thing is, what you're describing, Jesus I wish that was all we had to complain about back when I first started. Even before I joined TFW things were crazy. The shit we've endured. I remember back when there was ONE line of TF toys. ONE. From ONE show, and if you didn't like it that was tough. You sat for a whole year without anything, maybe longer, until the next line came around and you hoped it was good. Even when Alts came out and it was like a dream come true they still had fucked up distribution and people still complained. And then the movies came. Damn I thought the fandom was gonna implode. But know you have this and that and this and that and we find that all we have left to do is nitpick. Hell, for the first time ever I legitimately dislike the main series and it's great, because I can still come here and talk about other stuff and not cross my arms and sulk waiting for the next new thing to grab me.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    People really skipped entire lines back then? That sounds a bit extreme.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Why buy things you don't like? I skipped most of DOTM simply because I thought the designs were stupid and limited by the Mech Tech bullcrap. I only ended up getting a handfull of the HA basics, two new mold Voyagers, and a scant few Cyberverse figures, all the deluxes I got from the line were just repaints from previous lines.