Dear Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golden Age, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm beginning to think that this man is the only one whom actually uses common sense around here.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,I just made my 4,000 on TFW2005,in less than 9 months.:D 

Oh yeah,Please make Movie Scrapper/Mixmaster.

3. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, you can blame Hasbro for the subpar Spiderman 3 figures, but everything else you said is true.

4. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Don't forget the PotC shelfwarmers - heck, there's still a ton of unsold loot from Dead Man's Chest in my local Woolworths.

5. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    BTW, I'm still waiting for eBay auctions with titles like:

Transformers movie Deluxe Swindle! VHTF! Sold Out! - Starting Bid $49.99

:p 

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I worry that we'll have a huge swing the other way thanks to all the scalping...right now with the low TF orders the scalpers are picking stores clean...followed closely by the collectors...chains panic with empty shelves and overcompensate...waaaaaaaayyyyyy over-orderring thinking that TFs are going to be X-Mas GOLD!!! They all get their orders and stores are SWAMPED...and the scalpers who are now stuck with tons of product RETURN said TF's creating a huge glut of TF's on the shelves...said retailers go back to thinking TF's are a bad investment again...shelf space gets reduced...orders for Animated are lowered...and we all have a rough time finding Animated in a few months :p  With all the scalping we really have no idea how well the kids are liking this line...so increasing the orders is actually very risky....

Yesterday I took a 200+ mile (each way) road trip with some freinds and barely lucked into some of the newer deluxes (that were being stashed by an employee for a scalper...I took them and paid when the emplyee was in a different department) and still didn't see a single G1 style Jazz, Thundercracker or Rescue Ratchet...Must have hit over 2 dozen WalMarts & Targets.

7. Dark Magnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, I dont think it will be THAT bad if the store order a bit more than their usual holiday lot for Transformers merch. There are A LOT more kids looking for Transformers due to the movie than in previous years when the cartoon barely made it on the air. There might be a bit of a glut, but I don't think it will be as bad as you're making it out to be.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm actually kinda surprised to see the Walmart next to my college, and the one not too far away from my house both have a good amount of TF's. I'm thinking about going to the one and picking up the Leader Metroplex that I saw there last week, and maybe Leader Brawl if they still have him there. Though I'll probably buy the laptop that I've been planning on buying this weekend, and thus not have any money to spend on TF's. Here's my pipe-dream letter to hasbro:

Dear Hasbro,

Please reissue G1 Omega Supreme, make an Animated version of him, and also make a Supreme class sized Classics update of him for the Univers line :D 

9. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

:lolol 

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I kind of tend to lean towards this line of thinking. I don't know if it will be that dramatic but I think in a month or so you will see TONS of Transformers that aren't moving that fast. After the DVD is out for a month or so that is basically the drying up point for the movie toys. I am not a fan of the movie toys at all but I know it sucks for those that are right now. I personally am trying to find a Thundercracker for my cousin and checked three WalMarts and two Targets with zilch luck on any movie toys but one Starscream. Kind of sad really that Hasbro's retailers didn't order enough of the product but then how would they know that this would happen?

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, with how poorly movie toys usually sell (look at the last couple of Spider-Man lines, Batman Begins line and even the FF and X2 line from awhile ago) and it's no real wonder why retailers may not want to glut themselves at first.

Now that the line's a hit though... well, we may see a surge, but I don't think the demand is going to dry up after the movie is out. Sure, it may dry up initially, but at Christmas time all those kids who couldn't get toy x,y,z are going to be asking their parents for it. Christmas is the last big push for the movie IMPO.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I've just seen it happen before with Ninja Turtles and with POTF Star Wars Figures...Once the scalpers can no longer keep the shelves bare they stop buying as insanely...and once they aren't able to sell the ones they have they return them...and that screws up replentishment on future waves and affects the buyers who aren't looking at anything but what the stores say they have "on hand" :) 

13. Dark Magnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lets hope the scalpers were dumb and didnt save receipts. Most stores limit the number or non-receipt purchases now.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,

Please send me one of each new toy and send the bill to Dark_Convoy...

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Target won't even let you return anything without a receipt. :lol 

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Blame no one. The hunt remains on! Dear Hasbro, good luck!

17. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Blame me, I bought them all.

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ZOMGXXORZ! TEH EBIL SALPERZ! LYNCH MOB!!! :lol 

19. Dark Magnus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 per year on your driver license;) 

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Funny. Not at our store... the new Home Depot manager we got says "RETURNS BAD! NO MORE WITHOUT RECEIPT!" and even if you have a receipt he's making it very difficult. And guess what? He doesn't care if it's Target policy or not! Great new manager we got huh? I should have followed Roman over to the new store and than my O-ETL would be my stores old front end...