Dear Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golden Age, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Can you please send enough toys to the store outlets so that the shelves can be full despite scalpers and fanatic collectors? Most of us either end up wasting time going to stores that are out of your merchandise, or end up paying more money to online scalpers.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think you made a mistake. You posted this on public boards, you want Hasbro, they're down the hall.

In all seriousness, these posts are useless without followup stories, please, do share.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Dear Hasbro, please send me one of each movie toy for free.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The retailers didn't buy enough product, so Hasbro only made what was ordered with very little extra.

THIS IS NOT HASBRO'S FAULT. BLAME THE RETAILERS FOR NOT BUYING ENOUGH PRODUCT.

Seeing Pirates 3 and Spiderman crap clogging the shelves, I don't blame retailers for under-ordering.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro only ship what retailers order. Whine to them.

6. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

The Walmart near me did such a MASSIVE restock that it's taken almost a week to sell out of their deluxes. They had one of those huge bins just full of the new deluxes. Not to mention there were shelves loaded with new real gears. Supposedly the toy stocker had connections at Hasbro...at least, that's what he said. XD

Besides, Hasbro ships what stores order, no more...maybe sometimes less. =3 But if a store doesn't order a lot, then they won't get a lot.

7. Bombhunter

Bombhunter Merciless Always

Whatcha looking for? Anything specific?

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    We should crusade against the retailers. People in the middle of the states can take Target, us out west have Walmart, you easterners got TRU. If enough retail stores burst into flames (or implode ala South Park) then the problem will be fixed!
    ...or not?
    Meh, I survived the Summer of 2004 drought, I'll survive this.
    DN

9. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Yep. People need to learn patience. The stores are going to be so flooded come fall, the toys will pegwarm right up till the first wave of Classics 2.

10. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Selling out is a lot better than old product no one wants sitting on the shelf for months at a time. *I'm looking at you movie protoform toys at walmart

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Dear Santa,

Could you please help Hasbro with this toy making problem. They need some of your elves.

k thx bye

tj

12. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I think the only way to fix the problem is if Hasbro sends free toys to the members of TFW2005.
    Well seriously, I never saw Alternators Mirage in stores. Classics were always in short supply and I doubt I will be able to find any Titaniums. So unless I turn to some pusher on ebay, im out of luck!

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    dear hasbro i want all of every transformers made
    if not BITE ME

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The TRU near me now has so many leader Brawls a scalper would go bankrupt trying to clear the store. Deluxes are still kinda thin on the ground, but I'm seeing more Voyager toys around. I think the shortage is slowly but surely beginning to wane. Give it another month or two and this thread will be replaced with one bitching to Hasbro about the shelves being clogged with Dreadwing, Brawl, and Thundercracker. ;) 

15. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

I don't have Dreadwing over here,or any other deluxe,voyager, or leader class.

Hasbro needs to haul ass. srsly.

16. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    See, that's worrying too. Leader Brawl is an expensive toy for a minor character. Yeah he is cool as hell and of course many of us adult collectors will buy him, but not as many kids/parents. So he may well end up a shelfwarmer, and then the retailers swing back again to "don't buy many Transformers, they aren't selling" because the shelves are clogged with Ultimate Bumblebees, Leader Brawls, deluxe Bonecrushers (also an awesome, unappreciated toy) and Swindles, real gears, blasters, and other misc crap. Meanwhile no one can find Voyager Primes, Ironhides, deluxe BBs, Barricades, Blackout/Scorp 2-packs, etc.

I'd say 2/3 of the toys are selling like hotcakes and 1/3 are shelfwarmers. Not a bad ratio by any means, but if the shelves stay clogged with the shelfwarmers and little new stock of the good 2/3's then retailers are going to sour on the line again.

17. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,

Please make Supreme class versions of every live-action movie TF released to date. With INSANE articulation and 95% or better movie accuracy. And NO electronics! If I so much as see a blinky light or hear so much as a bworp or a tchk-tchk-tchk from any of these toys, so help me god, I'll only by TWO of every TF you release from now until the end of time!

Also, they should only cost $19.99 each, and come completely panel-lined and metallic paint-washed, and when I open the packaging, a clip of the G1 theme should play, and a spray of "tropical ocean mountainside berry" air freshener should be released.

18. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Dear Hasbro,

Please give Movie Arcee a new head sculpt. She is ugly as hell.

19. ckbuddha

ckbuddha Well-Known Member

I agree completely on Brawl. Leader Brawl is starting to clog shelves here in Oklahoma. Can't find a Prime or Megs but some stores have over 10 on the shelves, but finding a Deluxe or Voyager is slim.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Spider-Man 3 (Hasbro) did so poorly, that most retailers didn't order a lot of Transformers toys, and Hasbro didn't make an uber ton of them like they did with Spider-Man.

You had a big hit with Transformers toys, which are now hard to find but Spider-Man 3 still clogs the shelves. Blame the children and the retailers.