Dear Hasbro, please license TF Animated out to...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Nightrain, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    CAPCOM

I want to see a fighting game in the exact same style as the previous Marvel games by Capcom. The animation style of the series is a perfect fit for such a fast paced, brightly colored, fun as all hell type of game.

Imagine using Prowl to jump high in the air throwing shurikens(Cyber-Stars!), or Bulkhead using ground and pound, or Optimus swinging that badass axe. I admit, transforming probably wouldn't play a large part in it, unless it could be used as some kind of evasion tactic, or perhaps a super move. But it wouldn't matter, because the other possibilities are endless.

kthx

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But that would require capcom making new sprites for new characters. I admit that I haven't played a capcom fighter in a couple years, but the dozen or so games prior to when I stopped playing them all looked the same, just different combinations of characters.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I like this idea! Capcom could come up with some very cool gameplay mechanics as well, plus as you said, the animation style does lend itself to a VS style fighter.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes please

Though I wish Hasbro would give Melbourne another shot. They could do wonders with this new TF line.

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Ever play the Marvel vs Capcom series?

*GREAT* games.

Though on topic, I think anyone could make a decent 2D fighting game with that style of animation. I'd prefer a cellshaded 3-D action game ala Armada myself though.

6. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Yea, I played 'em a long time ago. I'm not saying they were bad games, it's just that the character sprites haven't had a major overhaul since whatever streetfighter game it was that they added akuma. I want a badass looking capcom fighter to play on my ps3, rather than something that looks like it should be running on an SNES emulator :( 

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Capcom overhauled sprites many times. the only fighting game characters they never updated were the Darkstalkers characters that appeared in Marvel vs Capcom.

look at super street fighter 2 turbo, look at street fighter alpha (entire series), look at street fighter 3, and you'll see that they update the character sprites constantly.

8. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Still all looks like the same 16 bit style garbage to me. With the power available in a console these days, they could make some badass lookin 2d fighters.

9. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

Take a look at the new character sprites for the xbox live street fighter HD. There's no way you can say those don't look like updated sprites. It's pure hand drawn fluid eye candy.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Much as I love Capcom's fighting games (MvC in particular)...I'd much rather a game sorta like the movie game (free roam/mission based) or a straight up beat em up.

11. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    The stills look alright, can't find any video, so no real way to tell what it'll end up looking like. At least they're finally working on something I guess, only took 'em 15 years.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Just because you're blind to the changes doesnt mean there hasnt been changes.

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoever did the DBZ: Budokai series. Infrogames, I think.

Put them on it. I loved that series.

14. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    OK, I give in, you're right. In searching for sf alpha, sf alpha 3, marvel vs capcom, I see that they've added some more shaded folds in Ryu's outfit. Nevermind that it's still low resolution and pixelated to hell. (heck, they even recolor sprites, add some extra pixels to change hair styles, and call them new characters)

So yea, there haven't been many changes at all, and no sprite revamps. Adding some new animations, or some shadow effect behind the character isn't what I'm talking about. You can keep trying to argue with me over this all day long, but you're never going to change my opinion no matter how wrong you think I am, or right you think that you are.

Up until this sf2 hd that I was just made aware of, ALL of the capcom 2d fighting game sprites are simplistic and pixelated, and except for some very minor "improvements" still all look the same game after game.

Now all that aside, I want a high resolution super detailed 2d transformers fighting game that doesn't look like it belongs on the SNES or PS1.

15. KingForm

KingForm Banned

I think a fighting game using something similar to the DBZ Budokai Tenkaizhi engine would work pretty well, it doesn't limit you to 2D and unlike a lot of 3D fighters you have a real sense of free roaming in a huge environment.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I agree.

17. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    If they're gonna make games off of TF Animated, I guarantee it's going to be to licensed to a Western-based company. Most likely Activision again, or possibly whichever company has game rights to Cartoon Network's stuff.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Well yeah. Common practice in 2D games, not just fighting games or just Capcom. It takes longer to draw detailed 2D sprites than it does to create a 3D model (I'd assume) so this "sprite recolor and head swap" process is only done to have a higher number of characters produced in less time.

Its no different to Hasbro releasing recolors instead of creating only new molds all the time.

I'd rather have a Street Fighter Alpha 4 or Capcom vs. SNK 3 than I would a new Virtua Fighter or Tekken game.

Oh and Capcom don't really do fighting games much these days, many or all of the original developers of street fighter ii have left capcom. plus 2D fighting games are a dying breed with only SNK really continuing them out of habit.

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

Ick. Those got old way too fast.

20. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Street Fighter-esque mini-game or something within a more modern styled Armada-type game would be pretty cool.

The TFAnimated desgins just SCREAM "2-D". I'd definitely want some side-scrolling action.