Dear Hasbro, I'm sorry for letting Titaniums shelf warm.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, May 7, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I got my first Titanium Series TF (Menasor) from a board member today. This thing is awesome! It's basically a classic with die-cast parts! I feel bad for sleeping on this line which is now dead.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Don't worry. You didn't miss much. Most of the line was a mess.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Plus it was nearly impossible to find at stores as well during the later waves. I got UM, Fallen, and Megs online.

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It was nice to actually get some War Within molds, though.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Dont feel too bad, for every toy that came out as good as Menasor, another came out that was, well... ever drop a G1 Soundwave on the floor? Yeah, what's left is still better than his Titanium version.

6. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I'm not. They sucked. Terrible engineering and use of metal. If they had been all plastic at least you could play with them.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quoted for truth as someone who was stupid enough to keep buying the darned things hoping they'd get better with time.

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I liked the ones I found. (fallen, wwmegs, wwprime, scourge, soundwave, and rodimus) And will probably buy some more when the opprotunity shows itself at the junkion exchange. Or when toysrus.com gets grimlock and prowl.

It's a good line. But metal content was the only gimmick for a figure that cost $5+ that of a spring feature packed cybertron deluxe.

9. crimbot

crimbot TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Titaniums were terrible. Some of the toys would have been okay if they were made of plastic. I am SO glad the line is dead. It was great to get some of the war within molds, but they deserved their own line IMO. Like a fool I bought them all of course, I kept telling myself I wasn't going to, but I did. I hope that they don't decide to revive the line after Grimlock and Prowl come out later this year.

10. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Want to buy the complete line??

11. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So was Menasor the exception? Because he's pretty good.

12. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

Would have bought more if I could have found more on the shelves besides Optimal Optimus and Scourge.

Same for Alternators and the piles of Skids.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Depends partially on whether you want to play with them or not. I've only got Rodimus Prime (the original version of your Menasor), and I've lost track of the number of times he's come apart in my hands when I've been transforming him. The waist joint keeps separating, and the legs have come off at the knees a few times too.

Great designs, but lousy construction, and the extra weight of the metal just makes them worse, giving them floppy elbows and such.

14. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hated Titanium. The first two figures (World War Megatron, WWI Optimus Prime) fell apart so, so easily. You sneeze and their arms fell off. Great concept, horrible realization.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Many of them are very nice: Jetfire, Scourge, Cheetor, Magnus, Rodimus, RID Prime. Better than statues, but not as good as mainline toys. Kind of a hybrid of the two.

16. dougzx9

dougzx9 Wish I were here

Man you got that quick! Glad to hear you like him. :thumb 

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I actually really like Jetfire, RID Prime, Rodimus and the Fallen.

18. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think this is the best way to look at the Titaniums line. I have the whole run and yeah towards the end it was a total pain to find the newer figures. As others have said for every good mold (i.e. Rodimus, Jetfire, Magnus, Fallen, etc) there was a bad one to go with it. That's right tank Megatron, I'm looking at you!!

As for the engineering some of the transformations were brilliant. Rodimus Prime's Trailer incorporated into the robot mode was well executed. Over all I think this line would have done much better if it was all plastic and forego the die-cast

19. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I hated every single Titanium figure I ever got my hands on...the transformations were clever (When they didn't involve partsforming) but there was always something glaringly wrong with the bot mode somehow, and I'm not just talking about the limbs falling off or the gratuitous use of diecast for no reason other than to justify the name of the line. I'm talking about shoulder joints set an inch behind the shoulders, or giant robot-diapers. Come on, galoob!

I messed with the ones that one of my friends had, since he was bonkers over them and couldn't understand how I wasn't. WW Megs and Op, Jetfire, Op Op, Ultra Magnus.. I just wasn't feeling the love.

Then I bought SDCC Menasor, thinking "Well, even if I hate the mold, the colors will make up for it." Cause let's face it -- evil repaints of ANYthing are cool. (except botcon 08 figures, lolol)

Sadly, I still hated him. I didn't actively hate him, like, enough to melt him on the stove or anything, but I hated him enough to put him back in the box and banish him to the back of my closet where I never have to look at him again unless it's to pack him for shipping.

Make mine Alternators! :thumb 

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Trash Tits all you guys want, but there is nothing quite like the feeling of digging out a cold, heavy, and painted metal Transformer out of a toy bin. For a brief moment everything else seems like a cheap knockoff.