Dear Hasbro....Bring back the SCOUTS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MidnightBliss, Mar 6, 2012.

1. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish Hasbro would go back to the old style Scouts. I want scouts that are unique characters. I don't need mini versions of characters that are already released. Who's with me?

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

HA Basics were cool.....then they got discontinued. So yeah, bring back Scouts.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    It be nice to see them back, some of my all time favorite TF characters came from the size class.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was never a big buyer of Scout class transformers, but it'd be nice to not see miniature leader sized figures as "scouts." Example: Optimus Prime.

5. s_cren

s_cren Banned

they should have a scout class PRIME ARCEE that would be good

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I support a scout class.

7. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

They still make a Scout Class size figure.They just changed the name to Deluxe Class.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tee hee

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny.

Seriously though, I liked Scouts because they were the best of both worlds between fitting into both the Deluxe sized stuff AND Legends class to an extent. They were also large enough to avoid being destroyed by kids, which are a couple of things that the Cyberverse commander fail at.

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Sorry, but I do. Prime Cyberverse is the best thing since sliced bread.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Energon- and Cybertron-era scouts were some fantastic figures, I'd love to see more like those. It would have been a perfect scale for them to do mini-bots in too; bigger than legends and still smaller than a deluxe.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Scout class was one of my favorites, with the recent HA Basics being a major highlight; I have every one of those figures except the K-Mart exclusive Icepick redeco. Scouts are small enough to work well for characters that are supposed to be smaller than everyone else, but still large enough to allow for a decent amount of articulation and an interesting transformation.

I've never understood the appeal of them either. Maybe one of the Legends/Cyberverse fans can explain the attraction, but I just don't get the appeal of tiny Optimus Prime, Megatron, BB, Starscream or whoever.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I want my Scouts, too. Brilliant pieces of engineering in those things. Ransack, Breakdown, Skystalker...

These dinky upscaled Legends don't do crap for me.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I consider it quite likely that they will not make Scouts as long as they are making Cyberverse Commanders - however you might see something like HA basics or PCC's show up again where there's a bonus item used to bump the price up.

It did cross my mind they could perhaps use a line like that as way to get the Takara Microns out in the west.

You might have to wait until 2014 and the 4th Movie toyline though to get Scouts of something like HA Basics back though.

It would have been nice to have some non-Movie scouts though perhaps...
    I guess it makes igear and other third parties happy though as they get to fill that gap in the market with their own releases.

There's certainly a good argument to make scout repaints as a flanker brand line for the likes of General dollar though to remonetarise some of the underused moulds they probably still have. things like some Energon Terrorocons or Cybertron Scouts have barely been repainted.

But new moulds I'm guessing you'd have to wait for the 4th Movie to have even something slightly similar be made. I don't think Cyberverse Commanders are going anywhere short term though.

1. They are often very cheap (they get reduced a lot)
    2. They are pocket size and portable
    3. They are fun to fiddle with while watching TV and don't take minutes to change.
    4. They have interchangable weapons
    5. They work really well size wise with G1 basebots like Metroplex and can serves to make them look bigger
    relative to them.. (same is true of WSTs and Minicons).
    6. They can also be used to make something like HFTD Seaspray or short deluxes like Hailstorm or Thunderwing look much bigger too.
    7. They fit inside a broader selection of Optimus trailers and even sit well on Micromaster ramps too so if you have a display of Micromaster bases it gives you another option of things to do with them.
    8. Speaking specifically to Cyberverse Commanders I like them as they remind me of the smaller scouts/basics and similar toys from the G1 era and later things like Cyberjets, Flipchangers, Skyscorchers, Triggercons, Firecons, Duocons - and even Eggbeasts/Kissplayer Sparkabots
    9. It's also a lot easier and cheaper to buy more than one vehicon at the smaller size too.
    10. and they have Vehicles of their own which take you back to the idea of some of the Micromaster vehicles... and there's even that daft Optimus to put them all in if you want too.
    11. I actually hope that they make more Legions/Legends and Commanders and from a broader variety of past eras and not just Movie/Cybertron/Prime ones like before.

In general it's the simplicity of them and the size that is the main appeal for me and I guess for others... personally the character or even what universe they are in is less important than the toy is as a toy.

Anyway put Legends Prowl, Hound, Jazz, Trailcutter and so on with a base bot and you get the general idea of one of the reason why some like them so much... they are just so easy to collect to - sometimes it's just nice to be able pick something up when you go food shopping and not have to pre-order it online or hope it shows up like is sometimes the case with the larger pieces or boxed sets.

15. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    This.

There is just an unknown magic about them.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yep the Cyberverse Megatron and Starscream especially have most of the charm of the bigger versions for me.

17. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Ba-zing

18. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I love me some Cyberverse, but on the other hand, a return of old-style scouts is probably the only way we'll ever get RTS Rumble to get a US release...

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That would be nice.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    epic thread win!