Dear FansProject

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by motorhead9999, Jul 28, 2010.

1. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dear FansProject:

I love your products. Really, I do. Your City Commander trailer was the perfect addon for Magnus. I just ordered the superion addon kit and will soon order the Bruticus addon and the upcoming Rodimus addon. Warbot was beyond awesome

I have one itsy, bitsy, teeny tiny request:

Could you please give me (and me alone) 1-3 years notice of what products you are going to do? So I can plan my purchases (and duplicate figures) ahead of time? And avoid the insane surge in demand on figures needed for your products?

Thanks,
    Mike

I mean seriously folks. A year ago, I could have had a classics Rodimus for what, 5 or 10 bucks? Who of us actually paid any attention to the Bruticus Maximus combiner until FansProject showed off their addons kit? Its complete sticker shock to me going after these figures. Not that I'm complaining about people selling these for good money now mind you. Its been the same thing on almost everything FansProject has done. Who of us really cared about Classics Ultra Magnus until the trailer addon came out? I just wish I could somehow channel the fansproject thought process this way I can actually, you know, buy these toys (or a second copy of it) while they're still on the shelf. At least if they do a Devastator upgrade kit I have that one...but jeez is Bruticus going to kill me.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    no kidding and throw the ROTF superion into that although prices are slipping a tad for it now.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Many of us have been sitting on an extra Rodimus for over a year, and Target had Bruticus on clearance after the add-ons were announced. I purchased my extra one for $10 off the B/S/T thread right when the Rodimus upgrade was announced last year, and I know TF Source had both Henkei and Classics in stock at the time of the announcement cause I had a Henkei in my cart but (stupidly) decided not to pull the trigger at $25 cause I wasn't into Henkei at the time. A local member picked me up the Bruticus set for $7.50 at Target right after we saw the silhouettes (small price to pay for the option of a future add-on).

With both of them, they have shown us silhouettes well in advance of the project, which is the time to buy. Target still had Bruticus in stock, and Rodimus could still be had cheap. As prototypes and more pictures surface, the price is going to climb. God knows how bad it is going to get when they actually come into stock. Fact is that there was ample time to buy both of these, but one should know, with FP, as soon as you see the announcements and silhouettes, you'd better jump. They have yet to produce a failure for a product.

4. GL_Rayner

GL_Rayner Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I totally agree. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack. I worked at Target at the time and I could care less when they came out. Now I have to shell out near 100 bucks for a Optimus Repaint just to make a "proper" Ultra Magnus. Thankfully I bought a couple Rodimus' when they initially released.

On the subject of Fansproject, would anyone be opposed if they made an add-on for Classics Grimlock?

5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I has to repurchase a Magnus. After that I had foresight and bought the rotf commoners. Rodimus I waited on, but that was more bc I wasn't sure if I wanted it

6. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    Quite honestly, I think as they proved with Warbot (and the upcoming new Bruticus figures) they're quite adept at making their own figures. I was never a big fan of classics Grimmie, (always thought he was too small, and should have been a class upwards) so maybe give them a crack at it.

I'd REALLY love to see them make a City Commander style upgrade for Masterpiece Magnus. I've got that figure sitting in my closet because I have no real desire to display it (I hate the white optimus repaints that stand alone). However, if they did an armor upgrade kit for it, that would be KILLER looking I think.

Getting back to my opinion on them making new figures, how awesome do you think it'd be for them to take a crack at an entirely new combiner mold? Think of the awesomeness that a FansProject Predaking could be? A defensor and computron project would be very welcome too, as those have never been attempted to be updated by hasbro.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Hilariously, 2 days before the reveal of the Magnus Armor, I won a classics Magnus off ebay for 4 dollars. I was planning to repaint it into Magnus colors and possibly get a Magnus head molded for it.

Then I saw the FP armor and had to fist pump a little.

8. motorhead9999

News Credits:
    Basically, I have the choice between the original Energon Bruticus, or the RotF repaint. I've seen plenty of pics using the RotF version, but none using the Energon version. Anybody seen pics like that, or thoughts on how that would be with the set? To me, the energon color scheme would be more G1 accurate, but I'm not quite sure if it'll really go well.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Definitely Computron.

Plus Galvatron too.

10. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had the Skywarp/Magnus Target 2 pack when it came out. Unfortunately, one of my step sons friends, some disrespectful emo chick, stole my Skywarp and Universe Octane from one of my shelfs because she thought it was a joke...i was PISSED!!!!

Now I have to contend with those crazy ebay prices for Henkei Skywarp...

Little theiven Biotch

11. msterling21

msterling21 Well-Known Member

People have been speculating on Rodimus (classics) for well over 6-12 months. You had plenty of time to get it for $20 bucks during the last year. Giving you another 2 years advanced notice will do nothing. Even Bruticus was reasonably priced up until this last week. It was announced last year and preorders went up back in February. Even then, the set was available on ebay for $40ish. What you should ask them to do is not make add-ons for out of production toys and make them for the current line.

12. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've been sitting on my Classics Devastator for a while now in hopes they'd do something with this mold soon. Wonder how many years it'll be for that to happen. His lack of decent hands kills me when displaying him..plus I hope they'll do something to break up the monotony of two sets of twin limbs. as is, I mix n matched a buncha arms, legs, and wheels offa each individual limb to give some sort of unifying colorscheme for the constructicons.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Hot Rod was already starting to get expensive well before the Protector armor was announced.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This is true. He was already up near $30-40 range at that time.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Protector was revealed in January of 2009. I bought my first Henkei Rodimus from BBTS shortly after for $25. There was plenty of time to get on board for this one.

16. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I expect that Devs will be next combiner on deck for Fansproject. I will also be the first to call that Sixshot will be their next figure like Warbot. Ok, let me get a second guess, BLITZWING! Yep Sixhshot or Blitzwing will be next.

Hey speaking of Magnus rage, anyone else here remember when the 2 pack was a Target shelf warmer and was reduced to $7.00! Sigh. Well I guess I can't sigh, I was lucky enough to get 2 last week and sold one. WOOT.

Still trying to work a deal on a damn Warbot tho.

17. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    i really think as long as they get no legal heat they will focus on their own molds and no more add ons. i bet a wreck gar or galvatron and definently a warbot defender repaint.

18. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But why no more add ons? Its only 1 last mold in that style left to do, its its THE combiner! Devestator! They gotta do him.

19. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so why should i have to wait for you? why cant i have them now?

thats the gamble of the collecting world man. no one knows who or what the next big thing is going to be for the add on kits. all i can say is the first time something is announced you better go on ebay and buy that figure asap because after those auctions end prices tend to go up and history is repeating itself.

20. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    somebody call this guy a wambulance.