Dear Abby-tron Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I need some TF Advice with regard to my thread here.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=158007

I don't want to have to part it out, I started the sale with the intention of not doing that, but there have been 243 views with only a few inquiries, and no sales. I'm beginning to think that parting it out might be the answer, but am still not very keen on the idea.

So I come to you board members for advice...

-Should I consider parting out my lot?

-If I part out the lot, that will be more work on my part keeping track of multiple parties, making many more drives all the way to the post office, buying way more tape, etc, etc........ Should I then increase the individual prices slightly to offset my burden?

-On the other hand, should I look into other alternatives for obtaining funds? Would anyone have any ideas?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Part it out, then ship things the Saturday after it's paid for. One trip to the PO a week is managable, right?

As for raising the price... Where I come from, lot deals are always cheaper, so you really could raise the price by $1-2 per figure, and discount on multiple things purchased.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I posted my opinion already, but here's some more. Cut the price, by probably about 20%, or sell the pieces individually for about the same as your individual breakdowns. If you do that, just do shipping like Soundblaster says. People will wait.

4. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    IMO, the lot includes a few figures that a lot of people may have already, so the price of the lot may be a little high for them to obtain the ones they don't have.

Selling figures seperately will get better prices, to sell as a lot, you'll prob have to drop the price.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    if you really must sell as a lot, find a local comic store...though you'll probably only get half of your asking price if youre lucky....otherwise break it down....slightly cheaper or list everthing individually....also, try to think of other ways to make money so you dont have to sell everything off....or at least keep your top 5 favorite toys....