Dear 3rd party companies, Keep it in your pant's

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Aug 3, 2011.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anybody else totally sick of their being too many 3rd party companies releasing information way to far in advance??

I understand being excited about what you have coming out but don't blow your load earlier

Igear is throwing out ideas like crazy with no clear release dates

G1uppers has nothing tangible to show

Tfc toys hasn't finished devs but is showing off predaking

This is why fans can't even keep track of whats supposed to be coming. Teaser photos to gauge interest, testshots, final pics with preorder, then sell me a damn toy, whats so hard about that?

2. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention CrazyDevy.

3. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Naw, I'd rather know what's potentially coming from all 3rd party groups. Especially those who have similar projects. I know to not jump the gun and buy the first "Dev" or "Spray" to come out, when I know there's other options who could potentially be more to my liking or more affordable. Besides, some of these groups could have different staging areas, like designers who are only a part of the sketching process. Then it's up to engineers to put what's on paper into an actual model. Then once that's complete, there's testing, manufacturing, final touches, packaging. Also by releasing their ideas to the public, the can gauge how much interest there is in their projects.

4. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i dont mind, they maybe looking for feedback as well.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind it. That way I can put money aside in case I know I'll want something.

It can get annoying when they throw keep throwing it out though. I like the way Fansproject does it: they release one thing and then immediately show the next thing they're doing.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the third party market is really starting to boom right now... eventually it'll explode and we'll be left with the cream of the crop, hopefully.

I don't buy full figures, but I LOVE the upgrades from 3rd parties.

Chris (can't wait for his Darkwing kit to arrive from Venksta)

7. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    venksta/renderform and fansprojects are definitive examples of doing it right. focus on what you have out and the next two projects with maybe an occasional tease.

other like igear are all over the map and you cant tell whats coming or when

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is free advertising for unofficial custom groups. The fact that we are even typing about this topic is giving them free publicity and exposure.
    Advance showings also allow people to save up money to buy future products, instead of having a new item suddenly sellout when some people do not have enough money to buy it at the time.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    My only complaint about 3rd parties and their recent trends is the abundance of awesome product being released or scheduled for release and the complete lack of funds I have.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    AiGearrr's not MP Ratchet and not MP Ironhide. Seriously. If you (as in 3rd party co's) have already teased and teased endlessly with tons of pics and 'promotional' shots, then either justify the reasoning and sleu of marketing tactics by actually making something tangable or none at all. and no, gray protos and CGI renders do not count.

11. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

Sick of the news? No. Just don't read it.

12. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    i'm sick of NOT-news,

The sharkticon image and menasor head sketchs are good examples.

"hey here is a random image so get ready for this thing that may or may not come out that may or may not look like this."

Not interested

13. Matty

News Credits:
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here a little bit:

Say IGear DIDN'T release that teaser image of the Sharkticon. They went ahead and did some research and development, you know sketches, prototypes, renders, maybe even a fully developed figure to show off, and then showed the product to the market... which everyone fucking hated. They wasted all of this time dedicated to a project that turns out nobody wants to buy; time is money and they just lost it.

Instead of doing the above, why wouldn't IGear release a teaser image: "Hey, this is what we're thinking of doing, what do the Fans think?" Depending on reactions, IGear will make a decision.

See how that mind frame kind of works?

14. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    I'm fine with that but I think it should be done in a clear well done manner.
    In the world of websites, facebook, and twitter there is just no reason for vague or confusing images or unclear information. If they wanted to put up a poll or ask for feedback then do so.

I gear Sharkticon has been lingering for two years now
    Remember this?
    Preorder iGear IG-TF005 Shark Sentry at robotkingdom.com

For one version to get to preorder stage and then get dropped is just poor business strategy and makes you look bad.

15. Matty

News Credits:
    Just curious, but what is vague or confusing about the image they released? I think it's served its purpose, it's a teaser image.

As far as their previous Sharkticon, I wasn't even aware of that, but my first response would be this isn't a fine tuned business model we're talking about here; it's a 3rd party company, practically a garage company. Granted it good be considered poor business, but they certainly bounced back and have released several good products that have won fans over. I'm not trying to defend them, just adding to our conversation.

16. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

I look forward the 3rd party news. I got an email that my Not-Sharpnel is in the mail. I can't wait, until Monday.:) 
    F Hasblo, I hope they are crapping in there executive slacks in Rhode Island, these 3rd party companies are finally giving the G1 fans what they want.

17. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Im all for teasers and.. but yeah, does get a little annoying to me too, seeing a teaser image with absolutely no info what so ever. Even a "so and so coming 2012!" would be at least SOMETHING.. Lotta stuff gets promo'd and never made, most annoying teasers of all.

18. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just their way of saying "Start saving up now! You know it'll cost a lot of $$$!" or something.

19. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Huh? I love 3rd party figures too, but what about all the awesome classics has/tak have created so far? If I had to pay 80-100 bucks for each of the classics figures in my collection, I most likely wouldn't own half of them.

I would say THANKS to Has/Tak for giving us awesome classics figures at affordable prices.

As far as the thread topic, I'm torn, I love hearing new tidbits, but yeah if something isn't even within a year or two of release it can be frustrating.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think you can call a sketch of Headstrong as ”showing off Predaking”

But I get what you're saying :)