Dear 3rd Party Companies:Enough With the G1 Spikes!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by guard convoy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I am making this thread to let out frustration and a rant I have had for over a year now. Its about how 3rd party companies, mostly HeadRobots, has this sick obsession of making g1 spikes for cerebros over and over and over and over again.

For a little clarification as to why I have this problem. I got a g1 fort max. I paid dirt cheap for him and he is mainly missing the main ramps and most importantly cerebros and some few guns. Now, back before i got a job after highschool (the year 2010) a cerebros would run from $80 up to about $150.

Now, you are lucky to find one going for $200.

Its all thanks to 3rd party companies POINTLESSLY making heads for cerebros. Everyone focus on spike, being the smaller part easier to lose, that nobody considers, there's a WHOLE MARKET for guys like me, desperately needing a cerebros for our fort max's. I just want a frickin head for my fort max! Knockoff companies keep making spike, 3rd party keep making spike. Can SOMEONE make a fucking cerebros or at least CUT OUT MAKING SPIKE!

seriously, thanks to the overflux of headmasters for cerebros, it hurts guys like me needing just cerebros to get him. The only cerebros for sale at botcon was $300 and it took me explaining who cerebros was to finally get to see that one, because the dealer when asked if he had a cerebros showed me a goddamn g1 spike.

At this point, its more cost effective to sale my g1 fort max and win an auction for one that comes with a cerebros instead of just buying a g1 cerebros itself.

This will no way change 3rd parties minds, but it at least gets my word out there for someone to listen to and vent my frustration. If you are a 3rd party company wanting to make a g1 spike, please dont, you just hurt us folks when you do it

2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I really don't see the point in this rant. Adding options for people who want them isn't a bad thing and I really don't see how these make the prices go up on Cerebros. It was always a rare figure, inflation sucks and the figures are getting rarer as the years go by. Like it or not, it happens

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frankly, I have a hard time believing a knock-off Spike, or the Headrobots set, would compel someone to buy a G1 Cerebros. Wouldn't it be the other way around? Or someone who already owns a Fort Max? I suspect the reason for the price inflation, if what you're saying is correct, is competition from other people who are looking to complete their Fort Maxes.

4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Quite a rant.

I agree with Process, few people probably buy cerebros, unless they are like you and have the bigger fort max body, and need him head for that.

Headrobots sets probably aren't pushing the price up, its probably the fact that as time goes on, intact cerebros figures are going to be increasingly hard to come by, and buyers will be willing to fork out more on ebay for them. Thats part of the reason I opted for a Brave Max ;) 

There is light at the end of the tunnel, I remember this news story from last year that hinted at Junkion Blacksmith making a Cerebros figure. Junkion Blacksmith Headmasters and Infinity Warfare 2 New images - Transformers News - TFW2005

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love for some third party company to make a $50 or so generic Headmaster robot in a variety of colors, to put the third party heads on. Just a car that turns into a headless robot or something. Call it TT-01 Transtector or something like that!

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

This^ You don't want them don't buy them. Couldn't get any easier than that math.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's not their fault that you can't afford an item. Nobody cares about your financial difficulties.

If you want an item, you have to pay for it. Blaming Spike has nothing to do with the price of Cerebros. Get over it.

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    one, what the heck is your problem? if i wanted to i could totally buy a cerebros for $300, but there is no way in hell i will do that because that is an insane price for one. seriously, did something crawl up your ass and die to give you such an attitude?

my rant i will admit is a little over the top, its just so frustrating. sure its not hurting the market exactly like i was saying, but it isn't helping matters. i've read cases of folks scooping up cerebros bodies just to use those headmasters made by headrobots so even if its small, its already draining a very small supply of g1 cerebros

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Get yourself a Beast Machines Megatron Megabolt. Boom. Easy cheap head for Max.

10. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Sorry dude, I gotta agree with these people. It's the nature of the beast, my friend.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Now THAT'S a good idea! :drunk 

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    That's what i am forced to do is use a megabolt megatron because i lack cerebros

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    That fat kid in your sig is sweet.

14. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any pictures? i would like to see how this looks!

15. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the price of a rare accessory to a rare 25 year old toy increased?!? OMFGWTFBBQ!!!

KO Spikes and the HR set have absolutely nothing to do with the price of Cerebros.

16. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another fun head alternative is Beast Wars Retrax curled up.

17. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I am kind of forced to agree with Guard Convoy. It seems like a very recent surge in cost due to a new demand. Up until 2005 you could get a good Cerebros for $100 or less. Something had to make demand for that price to triple or more??? Was it the KO 10 Headmaster pack or the 2 heads with sword, I dunno....

I noticed this when I got an offer for my MIB Fort Max, and I wasn't parting with my Cerebros, as it has custom blue eye decals and is severly yellowed whereas the body is fine. I finally got one for $160 shipped earlier this year.
    While on my hunt I scooped up a Brave Max Cerebros with Plasma and his gun for $100.

On a side note, I really want the 3rd Party Cerebros head but I just do not want to buy the set with (I guess) Galen, Spike and the sword.:( 

18. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    As luck would have it:

CEREBROS - TRANSFORMERS G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS HEADMASTER ORIGINAL & AUTHENTIC 1987 | eBay

I'd say drop a bid on it, if you want it that badly. I could rant about shit I wanted & missed out on due to price increases, but that doesn't solve any problems. Searching, posting your needs in a B/S/T forum, & keeping up with it is your best bet to find one at a deal down the line. It may take months or years. We all want things we can't get right now or have for a good deal or price.......welcome to life, kid. It screws the best of us.

19. unicron6666

unicron6666 Banned

I hate how much a fucking cerebros costs my fort max is missing most accesories and cerebros is the most expesive

20. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not going to lie i see no connection at all the spikes ko/hr increasing cerebros, honestly the little guy probably got lost alot more so all its doing is completing ones that where already out there. if its that bad just start hitting flea markets and garage salesm a flea market is where my fort max was first found and that price didnt even break 100 with the main body a bunch of the guns and cerebros.