Deals Sticky?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Metal Chaos, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I was wondering if we should make a sticky, similar to the "Official New Sales, Deals, and Coupons Thread" from the TF Toys Discussion Section, to let people know of upcoming and current deals on video games and accessories.

Steam usually has good sales going on every weekend but not everyone knows about it, gamestop and amazon both have good deals and big sales for games almost religiously. I had figured if we worked together to keep one another updated, it could work for the general good of our fellow geeks and gamers.

This wouldn't have to just be for video games and accessories, newegg has sales on PC components almost every day, so we include those deals as well for those of us who maybe want to update our current gaming PC or perhaps a brand new one because gaming isn't just done on consoles.

So is anyone else in favor of a "Deals" sticky? I mean with the economy the way it is, who doesn't want to game and save money at the same time?

Also this doesn't have to be limited to just steam, amazon, gs and newegg, any and all places can be listed if they have great deals on these things.

2. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
  3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Amazon is having their Cyber Monday sale all week long, this includes video games.

Amazon.com: Game Deals

They've also said they will be having 19 days of video game deals, tomorrow's theme is PC Games Day, then it's Accessories Day and then Puzzle Day.

So all of you looking to save money on some games, now is the time to do so.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info.
    I've tried to do a Deals Sticky a few times here before, but it never stuck. :) 

5. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    We really need a deals sticky, being a techhead/gamer can be very expensive. All I'm looking for is a community effort to let others know of any good deals they have seen. If necessary we could have sub section for deals and have multiple threads for varying types of deals, example: Home Theater Deals which would include things from DVD/Blu Ray players to speakers to HDTVs. Others could be things like PC Parts and Accessories, another could be MP3/Media Players, so on so forth. All the posters would have to do is put their deal info into the right thread. It's not too much work and it'd be a great help to the community, especially in this economy.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can pitch in when possible, I'm usually on top of the steam shit when it happens.
    They had a pretty big fall blowout last weekend, but I think the big titles are probably a couple weeks away for a christmas sale.

Still, scoring limbo for $2.50 wasn't bad at all.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    transformers razer deathadder mice @ fry's only 29.99. only have prime & bb though.

FRYS.com | RAZER
    FRYS.com | RAZER

picked up a prime on the way home from work today. it's very nice and definitely worth the $30. have been playing on a deathadder for a couple years now but I figured why not get another at that steal.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll drop a resource for this- Cnet's Cheapskate blog. He posts one good tech deal a day, usually a gadget but I think it occasionally covers a gaming deal too.

The Cheapskate - CNET News

9. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    For those who haven't got it yet.
    I have a few copy of DiRT3 on STEAM to giveaway, no catch.
    Leave a post (my inbox is full) and I ll send you the code.

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Have a pretty hard time saying no to free, i've never played the DiRT games but wouldn't mind trying, since I love racing games.

11. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i don't know what people's opinion is when it comes to gamestop. heard a lot of complaints over the years but i myself 90 percent of the time have had the best of times shopping there. and they have a special sale this week on thursday and friday if anyone is interested.

on thursday all gamecube games are 50 percent off. so if you still looking for gamecube games at low prices, this is a great time. i made a list online to see which games they have in my state that i want, i got 17 games i wanna get for 35 bucks.

on friday, if you still looking to buy a music based game like guitar hero (that is if you haven't gotten sick of all the music games), buy 1 any Rock Band game or any 1 Guitar hero game (this includes the dj hero games) get 2 any rock band/guitar hero game free.

12. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'll take a copy of Dirt 3 if ya don't mind.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love a copy since I mostly game on PC nowadays.

14. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
  15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    There is an entire website dedicated to the idea of cheap video games, and it is the best on the web.

Cheap Ass Gamer - Cheap Video Game Shopping, Video Game Sales and Video Game Deals: CAG

Just sign up for the forums, don't bother with the front page.

They have dedicated Steam deal threads, weekly ads posted in advance, a thread that details all currently known GameStop trade-in values and multiple reps from multiple stores post there (I know there is currently an Amazon representative there.)

I've been a member there for wow, eight years or so I think? Hope you all get as much savings out of it as I have. The community is on top of everything, so as soon as game drops in price, has a sale or even has a temporary price error, people are posting about it.