Dealing with BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Wheeljack, Jul 10, 2008.

1. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have had the City Commander set on preorder for a while & just preordered Henki Skyfire of them today. What I want to know is when to expect them shipping my Henkei Skyfire, the street date for him is set for July 17, which Takara always follows to the letter so I've heard. Has anyone who ordered Henkies, Encore or other Takara-Tomy produacts from BBTS tell me when to expect them getting it in & shipping it to me?

2. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

yeah, here is how it goes...they get the stuff...they email you they have the stuff and then they will email you your shipping info if tracking is avaliable, when that happens...consult your local magic 8 ball for shipping dates....

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    They've always had really fast shipping, but I'm only a state away from where BBTS located so it might vary.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i have had good transactions but if you pay for basic shipping it will be a while.

5. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    I use UPS shipping & I'm just asking when to expect it shipped out not when I should expect it to arrive, the tracking # will take care of that.

6. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

It depends on when they receive it, really. I'd think they'd use Airmail to receive their parcels (surface would take forever....) so it could be a week-two weeks before they get it, *after* the release date. Unless Takara ships it to them so they can have it on the release date.

Either way, you should see it by the beginning of August, I'd say.

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Preorders are always a bit flakey ANYWHERE, mainly because you're dealing with multiple levels of supply here. BBTS orders it from a source in Japan, which most likely orders it from a distributor, who orders it from Takara, who gives priority to retailers. So while the street date might be set, it might take a little longer for him to get the supply.

However, I've never had a problem with BBTS NOT getting the stuff. Even if they don't get it first, they DO get it quickly, and their Pile of Loot feature works brilliantly to allow you to ensure your entire order ships together regardless, thereby saving on shipping.

I've always generally felt safer dealing with them than anyone else. I've done business with them for years, and I don't take the risk I do with eBay. But, that's me, I'll take security and convenience over speed and price.

8. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info, as for the PoL, I personally don't like it as that means I have to wait even longer for some of my items to ship when they're already out, and if I decide to cancel it then my money becomes store cred, which is good but I think we all prefer cold hard cash.

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

THIS.