DEALERS Booth at BOTCON 08

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Dec 3, 2007.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the GEN1FAN and MegaMus dealers Booth

I will be getting a booth at this years booth, But will not be need all the space of a booth, but I have more than effort items that would NOT fit on just a 6ft table.

So my plan is to share my extra space with other tfw2005 members. if you want to sell some product but have not had luck doing out of your hotel room in the pass. Here you chance to get in on the dealer floor action with dropping a lot of money to get a table. Here are some of the rules.

RULES:

1) If you want a dealers Pass you will need to pay the extra $75 dollars to add you name to the booth. You will have all benfits of a dealer. Only order once money has been sent to me.
    2) Space on the table will be divide up and price on how much space you take up. The more shevling units, the more space we will have and the cheaper it will be for everyone.
    3) Please have price tag on your items, With you price, and NAME. THis way we can track what items got sold be who, and how much that item brought in. Also if you want to have a sheet with the low ofter on it this will help out greatly.
    4) Everyone will pay their part of the sale tax.
    5) Everyone will need to help clean up the booth at the end of the show.
    6) If you have any question about anything Please post here or pm me.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    It sounds like a cool plan, i'm curious how much stuff are you bringing to sell?

3. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    the last 2 years, I have more than effort stuff to take up all 3 tables I got. As I will be doing the part work, and running it, I will be taking one of the 8ft tables. That leave 1 6ft table and the other 8ft table.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What do meant by "effort" stuff? I thought it was a typo, but you said it twice.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  5. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    We are trying to come up with something to streamline this. If anyone has ideas let us know. The main thing is that we wanted to come up with someway to help those who have something to sell but not enough that it would warrant getting a table. We are NOT trying to make money or trying to get our table for free. That is not the idea but on the same token we cannot flip the entire bill for the table.
    Basically the way this came about was we were trying to figure out a way to setup and still enjoy the convention. Anyone who has been a dealer will agree that you cannot enjoy the full experience when you are attached to a booth. We could get several other dealers to go together and work it out that way but we also figured this would help out other board members. We have plenty of time to figure this out and welcome help/ opinions.

6. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh, and just because we are doing this does not mean we are not going to have the annual parts party every night. That is still a go, so you can try to trade your extras there. Everyone is always welcome.

7. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Guys,

When you do this, make sure you all have some kind of understanding of the risks involved. Sad to say that every year we hear about incidents involving attendees with sticky fingers... It's not commonplace, but it does happen.

Accessories on toys need to be secured - I usually ziplock bag anything with parts, but I've also seen dealers use actionfigure "cases" - Those really looked nice, but cost a little more.... Anyway the cost of replacing a single lost/stolen accessory would be far more than what it would cost to bag everything.

You also probably want to have some kind of price tag that gets kept at the table after something is sold to help track sales... If you don't track, the tax people could give you a hard time...

And I'd advise just pricing each toy at a no-haggle price. The guys running the table may have way too much to keep track of to worry about who was willing to make deals.

8. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

I'll have to look for you, would be nice to meet the man who helped me get started on my Liokaiser.

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    woah, woah, woah..... sales tax for used figures at a swap meet (con)?!?! when did this happen? please elaborate a little, I'm lost.

10. rework

Sales tax is required for just about any sale in states that have the tax. You don't see it much at swap meets and flea markets because rarely are they checked, so dealers just don't bother.

Botcon is higher profile than that and is subject to being checked - So FunPub requires everyone to have a tax certificate and pay sales tax...

Now, of course, few dealers add the sales tax to the sale - Most dealers just make the prices "tax included" and pay the % out at the end. It's kind of transparent to the buyer, but the dealers do have to pay it.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    What if I want to sell my collection at Botcon, but don't have a tax certificate? How does a person get one?

12. rework

Unless you are getting a table, I'm not aware that anyone would ever ask for you to have a certificate. Though technically, you'd probably be required by law.

If you are getting a table, I think there's instructions on the BC website.

BTW, remember that having a table is the only way you can solicit these sales IN the dealer room (other than selling TO a dealer with a table).