Deadpool gets a 3rd ongoing!!!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    wtf...

Deadpool gets a third ongoing? | gaijINside

it starts after the 900 issue, then counts backwards...

i love deadpool, absolutely do, but he doesn't need TWO ongoing titles, much less THREE...what the hell is marvel thinking? and the worst part is i know i'll buy it cuz i love deadpool...even though i don't like the writer...

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's Marvel. The company that puts Wolverine in about 60% of its books each month. They have absolutely zero shame when it comes to whoring out a popular character. And with Deadpool having a big role in the Wolverine movie and an upcoming solo movie, its time to kick the whoring into high gear.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Looks like Deadpool's becoming the 4th most marketed Marvel character currently, behind Spider-Man, Wolverine and Iron Man.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Just wait for the return of Captain America. D:

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    he already came back,in another universe comic.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Not until the movie.

7. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

To everyone questioning Marvel's methods of marketing, please read below.

You may all facepalm yourselves now.

8. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...first issue if I dont like it I m not tolerating this shit again.

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never realized Merc With a Mouth was an ongoing...I just always assumed it was another mini series.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i know...but if i read it and its really bad, i'll force myself to drop it...i really can't even afford to add more now with batgirl starting...i'm at like 50 books a month...maybe more now...

and yeah, merc with a mouth probably should be a mini as well...

and in other deadpool news, he appears on the cover of Hulk 14...not sure he's even in the book, they're just throwing him everywhere...

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I havent read deadpool since cable & deadpool ended. just didnt like the direction they were taking the character.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ugh i wished there was somewhere in my area i could buy comics....i love deadpool....

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I honestly can't get enough of Deadpool. Normally I'm not a huge "typical superhero" comic book guy-- I only like certain aspects of the X-Men and have never subscribed to Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, etc.-- but Deadpool makes fun of the COMICS HE'S IN. So I'm down for a third comic, provided his personality stays consistent.

14. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Why does everybody like this guy so much? He's 90's,extreme and has a 'tude!

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Thank god they waited until Suicide Kings ended before setting this up. And I actually hates Suicide Kings at first but ended up liking the series as a whole. DP has some great comments.

So far MWAM is iffy. It's okay but not great. It's has it's moments but not many.

The regular title was good. When Joe Kelly, Jim Palmiotti, and Gail Simone were on the original series, it had some of the best stories. Then the current series with Bullseye was better than the previous issues but not as good as prior.

I'll check this out. It has Deadpool and Herc. You know it's going to be crazy IF they write Herc correctly. However, the end of Deadpool/Cable was kind of like this. DP teamed up with tons of characters and actually had some good stories in there. Maybe this will continue this trend. I think having a counterpart DP can mock and joke with the entire time might be a good change from his inner ramblings.

16. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Imho, he puts the funny back in funny books. Sometimes there's only so much angst, death, and "grim and grittiness" one can take in comics these days. I like a character that's full of satire and doesn't take himself too seriously. DP is a character whose had a very @#$%y life, but through it all he's managed to keep a sense of humor. At the end of a hard day at work, Wade makes me laugh. What more could you want from a comic? I have no plans to collect it all, but the more DP stories to pick and choose from the better I say.

17. Molini

Really? I didn't think he "kept" a sense of humor so much as he is mentally insane. I think the satire and humor is a byproduct of the insanity (and the writer). Either way, funny IS funny and I otherwise agree with you on everything else.

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that's why i like Bob...he's a great character to have deadpool bounce his ideas off of. and this new team up idea could be fun. i still need to finish my cable and Deadpool stuff...i missed a few issues in the middle and haven't ever gone back to figure out what i missed, so i just kept buying it without reading them...but then i did start reading again, right as cable was about to leave, but haven't read any of the Deadpool and whoever joined for an issue stories yet...

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I thought Ryan Reynolds was busy filming the Green Lantern Movie.

20. Molini

I'm telling you guys, that Marvel Digital Comics thing has been great for catching up on shit that I didn't want to have to spend so much money on collecting.

For the $30.00 that I spent on just getting 3 months access and a Nick Fury MU figure I've already gone through issues #1-49 of Cable and Deadpool, issues #1-25 of New avengers (I'm still reading, and they have up to issue # 52) along with random other different characters and events that I just happend to want to read. They are constantly updating too.

Thanks to these digital comics, I have been able to catch up on pretty much everything that I always wanted to read, without having to worry about boxing shit up for lack of shelf space or expenses. Furthermore, I know exactly what books I want to be in Hardcover for my own collection from my reading experience so that I know I won't be disappointed with my purchase.

For those of you who aren't the types who absolutely must have every issue of something because your an avid collector of comics, this definitely isn't for you. However, for the casual reader like myself who loves to be up on the stories but doesn't collect individual issues anyway, Marvel Digital Comics is the way to go.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009