Dead Weight Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Trenner Dios, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

YouTube - Dead Weight Teaser Trailer

This is a movie that a couple of my friends wrote, produced, and directed. They've wrapped up the majority of filming, but still have a few more days to shoot in May for flash back scenes. Looks like they're planning on being done with editing, scoring and everything else by October. I have a small role in the film as a very creepy character, but I'm not in the trailer. The clip where the woman is pointing a gun near a campfire is part of the scene I'm in. This trailer was quickly thrown together from the stuff they shot last week.

When they asked me to do the part I at first had no idea what kind of scale we were looking at, or how professional it would be. One of my friends sold his business so that he could produce the movie and afford to work on it full time. They stuck to a very rigid schedule when writing the script, and an equally tight shooting schedule which dealt with some of our recent shitty April weather which you can see in the trailer. Though it's all still very low budget, they did hire some Chicago actors who have had previous experience, and are members of SAG.

I knew going into the film that shooting a scene is not fun and games. It really is that long, tedious, and, if you're shooting outside at night in Wisconsin spring, very, very cold. No real motivation for me to do that again, but it was definitely interesting and the cast and crew were great to work with.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Looks pretty neat. Im assuming its a zombie film of some kind that focuses more on the torment that survivros go through as characters than the actual gore they are faced. Kind of a refreshing angle on it if you ask me. Definitely interested :D  And congrats on having a role in the film very cool in my book :) 

3. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Exactly. It's definitely more about the survivors and the choices they have to make to continue surviving. There is definitely violence, but it is not the focus. I haven't read the full script, as I wanted to remain in the dark so I could enjoy the film more when it's all done.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Cool. Good luck to them.