Dead Space hits this week!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dinobot Nuva, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    So yeah, did a quick search and didn't see a topic made for this yet, maybe I don't know how to search though...

ANYWHO, I will not be picking up the console version, and I'll have to wait till a little later in the month to pick it up for my PC here, but I figured we might as well have a thread for it. Looks sicknasty, can't wait to do some Zero-G Ender's Game style combat.

Anybody else picking this up? I think I'm gonna wait till Halloween night to actually play it alone.
    DN

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

A friend of mine showed this to me. My interests are really peaked and it looks like one hell of an adventure (maybe a bad choice of words for a horror game).

I think that as far as my prioraties go in getting games this month will be...

1.)Fallout 3
    2.)Deadspace
    3.)Fable 2

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Got the PS3 version pre-order'd. Looking forward to picking it up later this week.

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looks pretty cool. Next couple weeks are going to be packed full of stuff to play.

5. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Tuesday. That's when I'll get it.

6. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

You really aren't kidding...I need to finish up some stuff now because once Fallout 3, Fable 2, and GoW 2 hit I won't have time for anything else.

Back on the main topic, I really want to play this game...it sounds great, and haven't played a good scary game since Silent Hill 2 (well, Call of Cthulhu was good, but I never got a chance to finish that one).

7. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Have they released any demos for this yet?

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I just love the fall, it has the best, freaky games. DeadSpace, Gears, Resistance, Silent Hill. Im going to be giving myself goosebumps until valentines day

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Little Big Planet
    Fallout
    Fable 2

As interested as I am for this one, it will definitely have to wait. It's a bad time to be a new franchise or an or a new one based of the typicaly-used format (ie. FPS). Fracture came and went. I still want to try this though because I like the style.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I am going to be VERY broke the next couple months...too many good games...too little time...

11. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

this game looks pretty good, but i've been burnt so many times in recent years. even reviews on game sites these days are unreliable. demo plz, kthx.

12. smangerbot

13. DaggersRage

I bought this game and cant wait to play it, too bad I'm going to have to cause work is all like "You have to work 8 hours today cause that's your schedule, your REGULAR schedule, that you do every thursday" and I'm all like "Wha-wha-wha-Dead Space-wha-wha-Flaming Hot Cheetos and Mountain Dew".

14. smangerbot

dang yo! please post comments after you play!

15. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Not a bad game, Smang. Get it.

16. DaggersRage

Sorry, I was just being stupid.

Got a question about the game through. I noticed that the plasma cutter has 3 dots for it's targetting. You can change the dots to go vertical and horizontal which is kinda neat.

I noticed that in screen shots that the dots for the plasma cutter spread out even more. What I want to know is that, do those 3 dots represent the "length" of the shot, or does it show 3 seperate locations at where the shot's going to hit?

17. DaggersRage

Scratch what I just asked. The gun I was looking at is the Line Gun.

18. GuitarHero09

GuitarHero09 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah this game is amazing. i have like 3 hours logged on it already, which is alot for me.

19. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Played up through a bit of Chapter 2 last night, and it's definitely a fun game. Wandering the halls, never knowing when sword armed monsters are going to jump your ass, armed only with a plasma cutter. Definitely best played at night with the lights out.

The integration of the inventory and such is great as well, everything appearing as a hologram and all info you need access too such as health displayed on the suit itself.

The kinetics power is cool, basically think the gravity gun but no need to equip it. With the button combo needed to use it though it's a bit of a pain to use in quick combat, but I think with some practice it'll be quite useful.

The whole atmosphere of the game is just perfect, creepy and scifi, with the areas with no atmosphere or zero g being especially cool. So far for zero g don't think you'll be floating around, you basically jump from surface to surface. Very, very disorienting and very, very cool. And it's just creepy with the deadened sound you get when there's no atmosphere, especially when something's coming at you from around a corner and you can't hear it ahead of time.

Not sure how long the game is going to be (though reports are 12 hours on normal), but I'd say it's worth it.

20. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'm ankle deep into Chapter 4 and I'm surprise at how much I'm enjoying Dead Space, this game feels extremely well crafted and designed. This is especially true in regards to the Ishimura itself, rather than running through a series of rooms and hallways, I feel like I'm walking through a real environment that was designed carefully and was a space that people lived and worked in.