Dead Space 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Haloid1177, May 31, 2012.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:

Yeah! The quick-time event in Dead Space? WTF. Totally took me out of the game. I was trying to take the snowy terrain with a grain of salt, but that "TAP A" killed it.

Ugh and don't even get me started on the attempt at weapon customization.

2. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was pretty unnecessary, should've just been a mini cut-scene if you ask me. I could stand the snow and open spaces if it weren't for all the necromorphs wielding guns and axes. That's just plain dumb. Hell, I could take the enemy soldiers, but reanimated tissue using guns? Really?

I didn't get too much experience with the customisation stuff, but I think I prefer the simplicity of the old node system.

3. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

so im guessing what ive heard about it being Lost Dead Gears 3 are true then? typical EA-ification, well I guess i just saved myself £40.

4. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I wouldn't be so quick to judge DS3 just by the demo. Not only is it only based on a small portion of the game, but DS hasn't exactly been known for good demos. Remember the 'dismemberment' demo for the first game that just featured waves upon waves of enemies in a single room? It wasn't indicative of the actual game at all.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i always enjoy the trailers for these games but still havent musterd the balls to play one of them yet, resident evil doesnt bother me in the least but this and silent hill creeps the hell out of me.

and i thoght isac died at the end of the first game?

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Nope, he's the main character in 2. You should play'em dude. The first is probably balls cheap by now, and 2 shouldn't be more than 20-30 bucks.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have faith it'll be great. Everyone was saying the same thing about Dead Space 2 and it turned out great.

8. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Nope he's still alive and stomping. You really should give them a try. I was nervous as hell playing DS1 but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad. There is still stuff that pops out at you and make you yell "OH SHIT!" but a movie could do that to you.

I don't know about DS1 at this point but I just picked up DS2 for like $17 at Gamestop and it came with DS Extraction for free because it was the limited edition.

Really looking forward to DS3 this year. Guess we're not getting another animated movie released alongside the game this time though? Seems like there would have been some news about it somewhere if they were making another.

9. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    This looks like a good game. Only played the 2nd one though, watched the 1st game's campaign walkthrough before I played the 2nd.

10. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Yep.

11. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

trailers are cool, it was the Literal trailer for 2 thaty got me interested the series.

12. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah he just goes a little nuts is all.

DS2 is good, but DS1 is where it's at. More traditional scares, more focus on horror than action. Definitely play them in order, definitely play them on hard. 1 is just so great, I might have to play it in a minute.

13. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    People were saying it used too much open space, had a terrible weapon customization portion and that it quick time events that ruins the slow pacing?

My biggest complaint about two was it was too action-y, and this is further going in that direction so I don't think it's for me.

14. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

The open space portion is only a part of the game. Go take a look at some videos on youtube. Some sections have you going through a flotilla of abandoned space vessels.

I don't know about the negativity surrounding the weapon customization feature. Have you people actually fully experimented with it?

As for the quicktime events, if they're just you mashing A, then it's nothing new. The previous two games also had you doing that at particular portions of the game.

15. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate the new customisation function, since we've very little real experience with it yet. I will say what I've seen of it I haven't preferred to the old node system.

I can appreciate that quicktime events will be in these games, most games in fact. But the one in the demo felt totally superfluous. There just was no need for it.

I suppose expecting to be disappointed with a game is better in the end. Will buy it for cheaper since I don't have it right away, and surely I'll be pleasantly surprised when I do.

I hope they've cut multiplayer entirely from this one. I'm tired of EA's online pass bullshit.

16. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

The only kind of multiplayer this game will have is the co-op, which is completely optional.

17. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if EA will have the audacity to make an online pass mandatory for this too :lol 

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They will.

19. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

I was talking about price. I own and have beaten DS 1 and 2.

The DS2 launch trailer is so awesome.
    Dead Space 2 Launch Trailer - YouTube
    "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" seems to mesh pretty damn good with Dead Space.

20. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW