Dead Space 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Haloid1177, May 31, 2012.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But it didn't. There was more of a focus on combat than horror, and the environments were not as scary as what was in the previous two games. And the story is weak.

The plot just seems to go all around, and it just gets entirely boring once you land on the ice planet. And then the ending for the game was terrible, but it was rectified to a degree with DLC.

This is all my opinion, but it just felt like a generic third person shooter, not a Dead Space game.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it wasn't still keeping me on my toes, I would agree. I admit that I always have a ton of ammo and health packs in my inventory, but I still get freaked out by the creatures charging me and popping up right next to me when I'm focusing on something else, which is differentiating it for me from a standard action game. I'm at least glad that they are trying to not remake the exact same game with the exact same mechanics over and over like a typical shooter- they are actually adding to the formula, with some things better, some worse. The story is mediocre, I mean it's no Mass Effect, but at least the text and audio logs left around keep me interested in the settings. I haven't finished it so I can't give it a final verdict but I'm enjoying it thus far.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Giant frozen Necromorphs
    were pretty damned creepy to me.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    This game already released right? I've completely forgotten about this...

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All the way back in February. You didn't miss much.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I just bought the other day from Amazon. With DLC being a guarantee these days, I refuse to buy games for $60.

While I'm on Chapter fourteen, I'm loving the game so far. It's everything that I wanted Resident Evil 6 to be. Yeah, there are couple things I really don't like: the autosave system sucks, armor is purely for looks now, and I miss the nods. Some changes I'm meh on: I get why is universal now, but I sure miss having to manage the different types of ammo. I like the create a weapon system, but I'm not an experimenting type of gamer. I stick with what works, and in my case, it's a rifle/shotgun combo. It's all the kill power I need and I've got tons of ammo.

While I haven't finished the story, I'm more than intrigued how this sucker is going to end, and what the hell is a marker exactly.