Dead Space 2 Discussion - Find a friend, cut off his legs.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jdre_124, Nov 24, 2009.

1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
  2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    It's a lot like the Lullabye trailer, only scarier!

3. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    WANT!

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Between this and LittleBigPlanet2, my two games of the year for 2011 come out in January. That is ridiculous.

5. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I am getting more and more fascinated with this game. I haven't played the first one yet but have watched the animated prequel and I love it. Enough information to explain, yet just the right amount missing to make you want more. Already reserved my Collector's Edition and am wondering how long I can play either before I get too spooked and have to break from it for a couple days.

8. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Found out my friend is preordering the special edition for me as a late Christmas present! Comes with the soundtrack and a replica of the Plasma Cutter!!!

Yea... i think the only thing that looks semi decent on the figure is the torso. LOL The rest just doesn't remind me of Isaac.

9. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Attached Files:

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I cant wait...loved the first one.

11. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Has anyone played the demo?

Got some mixed feelings on the demo which tend more to the negative side.

+ Melee combat seems to be a lot more effective, quicker, and more satisfying (sounding).

+ New enemy designs are pretty cool and seem to move a lot faster, kinda wished they had changed the default necromorph up a bit though.

+ Issac seems to only talk when it's necessary and stays quiet. Though he does grunt "fuck" and "damn" when you hammer the melee and stomp button if that counts.

+Weapons + secondary fire. Most of the returning guns have there old secondaries but the pulse rifle no longer has that shitty radial ammo waste of a secondary. Now it's got a grenade launcher which makes more sense considering it's a military weapon.

+In zero-G you can float around using thrusters on the suit to control your direction, makes it feel less like zero G and more like your floating or flying really slow.

+ Demo was varied with a small puzzle, zero-G sequence, "action" moment devs where talking about, and a bit from the first game when your in the clutches of a big monster.

-Maybe I screwed up in choosing the lighting from the test before the demo or maybe it's because I'm on a new tv from the one I played the original on, or maybe it's just plain darker but boy is this game dark. There is a part where your in a elevator (one of my favorite things about DS) and your attacked, I don't know if it was the intention of the developer but you cant see jack shit on what's clawing at you. This is the same for the "monster closets" to the point where if it weren't for all the groaning and hissing of the necromorphs, I wouldn't know they where there till one is spitting in my face.

-Control changes and the like. Might be my fuzzy memories of the first game but I could have sworn you reloaded or at least could with the left trigger + A button. Now it's LTR+X The same goes with zero G. You can no longer jump from wall to wall, only float, at least from what I tried using LTR+ A. I also remember health being on the X button but now its on the B button. Stasis is now mapped to the Y button which used to be for the inventory I think? It just takes some getting used to but I hope there is a classic option for more than aiming in the full version.

-The nail gun is a bit too much of a novelty weapon. I only tried it a bit against the pack admittedly but it doesn't seem to pierce multiple targets and the fact it shoots one stake at makes it kinda hard to use for dismemberment, at least against the pack.

-RIG text. It's fucking tiny. Might be my shitty quality tv but it's hard to make out what some RIG text says.

-The pack. These are the "children" necromorphs that we've seen a lot of. They go down pretty easily, about 2-3 pulse rifle bullets, but they attack in swarms which can be solved by leading them to a bottleneck like a doorway or putting your back to a wall. I can already see them being the basis for nearly all the "action" moments since they can be killed with anything pretty much. Also they have a pretty irritating scream that they keep doing till all of them are dead.

-Demo is essentially the E3 demo. I have no problem with that save they cut off the ending where you face off against the new gangly brute looking necromorph. You get him roar in your face andddd...the demo ends.

I don't know. Overall it felt like the original DS demo got me more excited for the game than this one did for DS2. This game kinda feels like DS 1.7 or 1.8. Just not that awesome but it's still great.

12. salmonman78

Well, I jumped at the part that occurs after you open the 2nd door. Looking forward to this game immensely, now just gotta hurry up and get the first from my wife for Christmas and slam it out.

13. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    DAMN!!! There's a single-player demo out now???

Man, been so busy lately I missed this!

Downloading TONIGHT.

14. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Shit pants earlier today when I saw it on a chance visit to the PSN store; downloaded immediately.

Absolutely loved the demo. Everything was so tense. From all the info lately, I was afraid Dead Space 2 was going to be a little too "action-y" and lose the horror of the original.

ULTIMATE WRONG. Jumped more than once. I was walking through those cryo chambers foreeeeeeeeever because I just knew something was gonna fly out of the walls and scream obscenities at my mother. Love that Isaac seems to have had enough of all this Necromorph bullshit; his swings are stronger and faster, and his stomp has gone from a single, hard stomp to a rapid "DIE FUCKER DIE" stomp. Got a kick out of hearing him mumbling "fuck" and "shit" and other such things while he did it, as that was pretty much what I was saying too. :lol 

Pants filled at the new Zero-G segment. Floating around was so cash. I knew shit was about to get bad when I walked into that wide open room, but I didn't expect THAT at all. What the hell was on the end of that clawscythe? A fucking baby? Goddamn.

Tl;dr: Excellent demo; day one buy.

15. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Love filled my heart upon the first impaling of a necro.

I pretty much loved everything about this demo. Even the controller remapping from the first game is OK by me. The whole experience of playing through it just once reinforced the $10 I laid down this past weekend for the Collector's Edition.

I do have to say that the new necromorphs, the pack, I guess they're called, are a bit of a pain in the ass. And that's good!

I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to Jan. 25th now more than ever.

16. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pretty awesome demo but the contorls are needed some time to get use to

17. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

there should be forum rules against this kind of language

18. salmonman78

So, anyone else as excited as I am?

And who else plunked down for the collectors?

19. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

20. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I just about shit my pants when I saw that trailer. This game is certainly going to be worth my year!