Dead or Alive 4

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Vialli, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

This has to be the most gruling beat em up I've ever played, the AI is relentless with its combos, and the counter system is very complex.

Thats the only bad part, the move animations are extremely fluid and the detail of level and character design is fantastic.

Has anyone else here played it? whats your opinion?

2. tarouza

tarouza Twin Twist's Daddy

i got it good game fun online but damn that final boss is cheap as all hell

3. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    The AI isn't bad at all once you learn some moves, although sometimes you can't do anything without them countering. And the online is great as well, I just hate that lobby system where you have to wait, I'd rather it just matchmake you with one player and play. It's a double edged sword, because you have to wait, but you can watch and see what the other players are doing. And since the majority of people only use like 3 or 4 moves/combos you can be ready.

4. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I had a good tournament game last night, and thankfully it wasnt just jump in and see who gets hit first, it was like a proper fight, squaring up to each other thinking what to do, alot more enjoyable than button bashing each other.

5. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    A good challenge doesn't make it a bad game. All it takes is skill. My good friend Dark MK has that game and is ranked about 140 in the world.

6. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I f*cking hate the last boss. Stupid teleporting and cheap grabs (grab you from 15 feet away? Sure!) make me hate the story mode. Good gameplay, otherwise. You have to actually learn the moves and combos instead of mindlessly hadoken'ing.

7. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

my problem with it is the fact that the AI can unleash a combo that will take you from full health to about 25% health, and then game over...

8. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    sounds fun i wanna play it

9. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

your jokeing right? DOA4 is the worst pile of shite ive played in a long time! the DOA series has been pretty boring since DOA3 came along.
    lets face it when DOA first arrived on the sega saturn the game was absolue rubbish but when it came to psx it got a serious upgrade and became a fantastic game.

DOA2 came along on the Dreamcast and looked absolutly beautiful but when DOA3 appeared on the xbox it hardly looked different from the dreamcast version at all! hardly any new moves were added and the backgrounds were not THAT fantastic when compared to DOA2 which just made DOA3 feel like a cheap rushed job.

Tecmo do ANOTHER low blow and re-release DOA Ultimate on the xbox which had DOA but was only the saturn version? not the improved psx version!? they could at least have added BOTH versions on dvd disk instead of wasting a whole dvd disk on something that only takes up 200mb of disk space.
    DOA2 ultimate also only used levels from the updated ps2 re-release of DOA2 and didnt have levels that the dreamcast version had such as the electric cage that was set on water.

DOA4 could EASILY have been done one the current xbox and the game is hardly an improvement over DOA3.
    If you want a decent fighting game then try titles such as Tekken 5, Mortal Kombat Deception, Guilty Gear XX2, Virtua Fighter 4.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Those other games don't have the Master Chief and are therefore, not as good.

11. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

neither does DOA4! its spartin436 or whatever her name is because they were not aloud to use the master chief name

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Isn't that Mistress Chief now?

13. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    Now you've gotta be joking. Mortal Kombat Deception??? Give me a break! And the Guilty Gear series is giving Street Fighter a run for it's money in terms of rehashes (and Isuka was TERRIBLE too, I love 2D fighters but geez) and the only thing it has going for it are the high-res sprites. Otherwise it's a mediocre fighter.

I'll give you Tekken because I haven't played the series since 2, and VF4 because it's pretty much reguarded as the pinnacle of 3D fighting. But how many fighting games reinvent themselves with each installment? DOA4 has what, 4 new fighters along with plenty of other small improvements. Sounds pretty standard for a fighting game. There's nothing wrong with DOA4, sure it may not be a huge step for the series but it's definately a welcome addition to it.

14. McBradders

My point still stands, those other games are teh suck.

15. McBradders

Oh and while I'm here... the DS seems pretty healthy ;)