Digibash: Dead End (version 2)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by maximus_primal, Aug 3, 2009.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

As I have been working on my other kitbashes I have been thinking about revisting my first kitbash/repaints. The Stunticons, here is a digibash of what I am thinking about for Dead End ver 2.0. I haven't changed the head in the picture but it will be modified somehow. I was wanting something that more resembled his robot mode than what has been done so far and a vehicle mode that would still look good next to the other guys. It's a little rough but its a start. So what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope Hasbro does a Rodimus repaint of this mold, but now I wouldn't mind a Dead End repaint like you posted. The color scheme looks great on him in robot mode. However, I'm not feeling the car mode. Maybe if some black detailing was added to it? It just feels plain to me.

3. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

That the reason I love posting my ideas before I get started. Others come up with some good ideas I hadn't thought of and makes for a better final product! :thumbs2: 

It also looks like I to give Whitemocha credit, he has a great digibash of the same thing.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Oh, hey, no worries! :)  Thanks for the mention, and the compliment! I know when it comes to ideas for customs, lots of people happen on the same ideas. I figure, the more people come up with the same idea, the better an idea it must be! I personally think Hot Shot makes a GREAT Dead End. Like Dead End, he's a rounded German sports car (in this case a faux-Audi instead of a Porsche) and he's one of the few car-formers that doesn't have a roof or a hood on his chest but instead just a molded chest plate.... making him ideal for a Stunticon repaint.

So, great job on the bash! I hope you go through with it, I'd love to see this one realized. I'll sure never do it, I'm too lazy to do any actual physical bashes... I stick to Photoshop. :) 

Oh, and one thing I think would really improve this mold in a bash would be shaving off the spoiler. It would differentiate him from Hot Shot, make him look a little leaner and meaner, and give him added range of motion in his shoulders.

Good luck!

5. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Thanks I bunch. I like the idea of no spoiler. I think you are right on how it would look.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    EmO LiEk JAaM!

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think for Dead End, this mold would work, but with some changes. Lopping off that spoiler would be the first of my suggestions. Also, I'd like to see the off-center gold stripe running the length of the car as well. I think it has a LOT of potential, but just with more tweaking :)