De-powered Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Jul 4, 2009.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone else think the Decepticons were de-powered in RotF?

In the first movie, the Decepticons completelly overpowered the Autobots and the army. In the second movie, all of them were weaker (Starscream being the worst) and most of them were killed by the humans.

Anyone agrees or disagrees?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think the Bayformers Decepticons are wimps, period.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Which is, of course, why one of them can single-handedly just about flatten an entire military base in the first one, and why an entire team of badass soldiers couldn't kill tiny little Scorponok.

4. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    And yet the most powerfull and the biggest of them all gets blown appart by a single shot from a human canon.

5. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

After multiple encounters between NEST and the Decepticons, the humans probably learned a thing or two about what's required to take them down.

6. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well, isn't this true for all the series?
    as I remember from BW, all new characters introduced were extremely powerful the episode they get introduced, but after that one episode were reduced to slag by single shots..

7. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

practically all of the movie franchise is blown apart by the lofty and inconsistent "canon" :D 

8. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I would be a wimpy Decepticon too if I saw Head-Hunting Optimus Prime and his Legion of Bloodthirsty Autobots coming at me! :rip 

9. Jon4NinaS2

Jon4NinaS2 New Member

Yer.............. there where so many decepticons, why the hell they lost. confused. bay at least could have made them more different besides having them all protoform. something like inferno would be cool if there aint any vehicles.

10. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Megatron seemed like such an unstoppable bad ass in the first movie. He basically had his way with everyone until Sam, in all of his infinite wisdom, stuck the cube in his chest. Now this one Prime just flips around and pretty much has his way with 3 decepticons
    until he looks for sam and gets sneak attacked.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Don´t forget, and they sink a nuclear carrier.

12. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

not just beast wars...almost all of the tranformers series were like that.
    not to mention a few other cartoons and, ugh, power rangers. LOL

13. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

The Deceptipunks got what was coming to them. Prime was bound to be hard as nails in this one!

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no offense flamepanther but all that stuff you mentioned happened early on in the flick. After awhile the decepticons didn't have a chance against Humans.

My question is since when have humans been able to destroy Transformers? I've watched G1, Victory, Masterforce, Animated, Headmasters.. etc.....

15. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I like the fact that Decepticons could get hurt, unlike the cartoons where you could fire a bajillion shots and they just kept coming, or Beast Wars, where Waspinator got blown to pieces in every episode just to come back good as new in the next...

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Does seem like the Decepticons get weaker and lamer every film.

17. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Seems to me like no one contributing to this thread actually payed any attention to the first film. It was made clear that the humans indeed had weapons that would take down Decepticons (Sabot rounds)... they just had to go through trial and error in TF1 to find that out.

What did you want for TF2? For the humans to forget all about that and start from scratch being defenseless for this flick too, only to find out about some other way to hurt the bots? Wouldn't have complained about that inconsistancy now would you?:rolleyes2 

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    this isnt G1, Victory, Masterforce, Animated, Headmasters, or etc. this is the Bay-verse

and i think that its not that the Decepticons got weaker, but that the humans and Autobots got stronger and more together like a well oiled machine (no pun intended) if anyone is weaker now, it is Megatron, and thats understandable, considering what just happened to him.

and as for the fight in the forest, dont forget-there werent as many humans around-knowing this, Optimus didnt hold back like he would have in Mission City.

also possible that Megatron, in the first movie, only brought some of his strongest Decepticons. thats why, when his reserve forces show up, they look weaker.

19. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that it's a matter of the humans being more prepared this time around. In the first movie, the humans weren't fully prepared for the Decepticons until the end of the movie after they figured out which of their weapons can hurt them (it was humans who killed Blackout, as well as bringing down both Brawl and Megatron, leaving Bumblebee and Sam to finish them off respectively).

In the second movie, the humans have had two years of practice, developing better weapons and tech that were made specifically to defeat Decepticons (lets face it, that rail gun certainly doesn't look human:lol )

20. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Also, it stands to reason that the Autobots chose Alternate modes that don't really have any kind of weaponry to utilize, unlike Starscream who can fire missiles, or Bonecrusher who could use his huge claw-like thing to swipe cars out of the way...