DCSH: The Hunt Is Over... For Now

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rod, May 19, 2007.

1. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Given the Sh!ty case ratios and distribution, I gave up on looking for these. Last weekend I walked into WalMart and there it was on the front of an overstacked peg and I swear there were beams of light coming from behind it

[​IMG]

So Im done... Until Mattel can give word on the Cyborg Supes

(I was going ot post a pic of my collection but my Cam Just died)

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Thats Nice but I am wondering where the hell is Cyborg Supes at????

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :p  to you both. I'm still wondering where current-era Supergirl is.

Nice find, though! (Apparently purchased with Tabasco sauce and... Febreze? :lol )

As an aside, I can't understand why the hell they don't make the bubbles bigger for these. It's one thing for bigger figures like Darkseid to need to be posed funky to fit, but Supes even has to have his knees bent. And why is Mattel's website so useless? They don't even list DC Superheroes among their products. And Batman and Justice League are listed, but that's it -- no links to specific pages for the lines. *continues grumbling unintelligbly, takes Geritol*

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My goodness! Is that figure rare? If so, I passed him up just last Wednesday...I like the black colour scheme but I thought he would be easy to find!

5. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice. I hope I can find one as well, Cyborg Superman too. I'm feel where you're coming from, and already dread the hunt. Love the Tabasco sauce too, can't get enough heat, or toys.

6. Rod

... Far as I could tell he's one to a case. My Hunting luck seems to be pretty good since I started back up. I got ALT Prime at target back in NJ on his first wave, Alt Camshaft and Mirage at their first release. The only thing I couldnt find was Modern SuperGirl and (at the time) Steel, which i got from a guy at fwooshnet. And he sold me the set for 21 shipped.

I found another steel on the peg not 3 hours after the one arrived in the mail!

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

WAIT WAIT WAIT, Black Superman was SOLD AT STORES? WTF, I've never seen one!!!

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh crap! I guess I screwed up by passing him up! BLAH!

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You lucky bastard!

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just found Black Suit Superman myself at a Wal-Mart today, along with Steel, who I've never seen in stores before now. I picked up BS Superman (mine has a smudge of black paint on the chest emblem that I'll need to fix), but passed on Steel since he'll be in the "Assortment T" (Cyborg Superman) case I have preordered through BBTS. With the Black Suit assortment hitting retail, I'm hoping that means the Cyborg assortment will be at online retailers very soon.

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Do you people have magical Walmarts?

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My W*M has had the DCSH figures in the clearance aisle for over a month. They're still regular price, though, and they seem to have added another Kal-El and Bizarro #1 since the last time I checked. How that's clearance, exactly, eludes me. But I don't have much hope of seeing black Supes or modern S-girl there.

My nearest Target, OTOH, still has nothing but orange-carded Supes and Scarecrows. :banghead: 

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Wal-Mart having one was just a fluke, I think. Stores in my area:

Wal-Marts - Lots of the various easy-to-find Superman versions (Kal-El, yellow-emblem, black-emblem) and Bizarro #1. Occasionally see one of the other villains (Darkseid-recolour, Mongul, Doomsday), orange-carded Brainiac or the odd rarity like Steel and BS Superman. No modern Supergirl.

Targets - Lots of the easy-to-find Superman versions on orange and purple cards and lots of Bizarro #1. Occasionally see Brainiac or pre-modern (?) Supergirl; saw Lex Luthor once and bought it. A few still have Scarecrow.

TRUs - Of the two I check, one appears to have given up on the line completely and just has two pegs with unsold Scarecrow/Bane/Killer Croc and nothing new. The other has those figures and one peg containing Parasite, a few Superman variants and Darkseid-recolour, IIRC.

14. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I just found parasite last week and I've still never seen the modern Supergirl or Steel in a store - and I visit a lot of stores every week. DCSH distribution is extremely frustrating. Sometimes I think they are trying to kill the line. It's MOTU all over again.

15. Rod

You guys are going to hate me... I found and bought another Black Costume Supes. I'm not a MIB/MISB collector so this one and an extra Steel are up for grabs. PM me

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I saw the black Superman last weekend but passed. All I want is the stupid Supergirl figure but no one has it. Hopefully i'll just run across one as I give up like I did with Steel.

17. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

I found Parasite at a local Stop & Shop which was like ":eek:  OMG! *YOINK!*". Haven't seen Mongul or any of the other Supes badies...although I did find a Blue suit Darkseid at a local Pathmark.

Why are all these supermarkets selling hard to find DCSH villians? :lol 

-Quickswitch

18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Turned out a lot nicer than I thought. I don't have any Superman toys (very low on superheroes at all, really) and could do with one, but not a toy I'd go out of my way to buy. Hopefully I luck out one of these days and find one.