dcau which superman death hit hardest over the years?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by GENOZAUR, Sep 21, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

his death in jlssn2 hereafter part1?

his death in losh ssn 2 dark victory prt1 and 2

or his death in superman doomsday?

for me its a tie between dark victory and superman doomsday
    because in dark victory his death occured through a long time freind in the legion who betrayed him at the time and left him for dead

as for doomsday what can i say

the guy literally stared death in the eye spat in its face and still managed to literally go out in a final blaze of glory

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Justice League Hereafter was the best story in my opinion.
    It juggled Superman's absence from the world with Vandal Savage's regret alongside Lobo's antics and none of it felt forced.

Dark Victory in Legion was pretty good.

The problem with Doomsday is that I already knew the overall story arc before the I ever hit 'play' and there wasn't enough set up as to exactly what power level this version of Superman resided in.
    It was a little confusing because the character design and atmosphere were very similar to the main DCAU, but no exposition as to what was different.

An aside: I think your use of acronyms might be a little off putting to more casual fans of DC Animated fare. It took me a minute to realize that LOSH is Legion of Super Heroes.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

speaking of dark victory is it just me or did anyone else notice the kryptonian/saiyan fusion homage when kell-el and kal el fused into kal-ex?

quick question legion wise

between justie league ssn 2's a better world,justice league when worlds collide/crises on 2 earths and justice league unlimited's once and future thing/crises in time,

would that by any chance be the crises's brainiac 5 refers to throughout legion ssn 1 and 2?

when it comes to the dcau legion and titans could sctually exist as a part of the dcau multiverse when you consider the fact that wildcards was a unnofficial sort of league crossover with the titans and legion originally started out as a potential spinoff from superman tas episode new kids in town and justice league unlimited episode far from home

way i see it glen murakami and james tucker as members of bruce timm's and paul dini's crew both went on to handle thier own shows that each in some way referance the dcau in a meaningful manner

me i really see nothing wroung in building titans and legion into the dcau fannon wise or not

if at all possible in a civilised and respactable manner for now lets just agree to disagree on the whole in continuity out of cintinuity debate and just enjoy the shows for what they are

to each their own is what i say

peace out people

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Genozaur, did you just have an argument with yourself?
    "Let's just agree to disagree" on a self contained post?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's a talent.

And yeah, Hereafter handled the concept of Superman's death the best for me.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    There is no debate. Both shows were stated to not be a part of it. I wish people would just stop with that.

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

smasher to put it bluntly i have what is known as a dual personality

as they say each person has a dark side to their personel being

as i have come to understand it for myself however, each person also has a light side to their being as well

and for those who are curiouse yes i do speak to and with myself quite a bit

8. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Err ok.

Which side does the lucid dreaming stem from?

9. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Hereafter, The reactions of everyone, vandal savage looking for redemption.

It was a powerful story.

I was particularly fond, of near insane from solitude vandal savage

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I did like Savage from that story, much more than in Savage Land.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It was such a, I don't know, proper way to handle the character. There he was looking for redemption but there was no one left to redeem him.
    Meanwhile you had Lobo show up at the Watch Tower and all kinds of awesomeness ensued.

Hey, it's your imagination. No one can tell you that you can't imagine it any way you want.

Legion of Super Heroes had little nods to DCAU everywhere.
    Braniac's "ancestor" really seemed to be Braniac from Superman\Justice League.
    When Clark visited the Superman Museum in New Metropolis, the exhibits were clearly using the animation model of Superman from The Animated Series.
    (But when he had matured in the second season he did look differently.)

The Titans is a little different story as the character Speedy appeared in both series and he was obviously a different version of the character -not to mention the discrepancy in Dick Grayson\Robin's age.
    Regardless, I always wished there would have been a crossover special.
    The first episode could have been done in Teen Titans style and the JL members would have had more wacky designs.
    The second episode could have been done in Justice League style and seen more serious designs for the Titans.
    I have watched that story on my mental DVR many times.

I used to think I was Windcharger, but now for some reason I think I am Prowl.
    Humor aside, I don't think a dual personality is necessarily a light\dark dichotomy.
    If you really think you have split personalities and this isn't an internet joke, then you should seriously get some medical help.

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

not split personality man

dual personality

when it comes to the autobot doublespy punch one could basicly think of his character as posessing 2 personalities.

the main one he has as an autobot being entirely based and centered around the positive aspects of his personal and moral character with the one he reverts to as counterpunch being the minor alternate personality of the 2 but with his personality as counterpunch being based and centered around the negative aspects of his personal and moral character.

from a certain viewpoint one could look at theirself and basicly think of the mixed bag that person has when it comes to their personal and moral character as essentually being a mix of positive or spiritual puritiies and negative or spiritual inpurities.

each of the positive moral and personal attributes that person has that makes it possible for that person to be the kind, caring, decent, considerate, compassionate, honorable, and respectable person that person is in life each of those qualities making up the light side of that persons soul. with each of the negative personal and moral attributes that makes that person the unkind, uncaring, indecent, inconsiderate, uncompassionate, dishonorable, and disrespectable person that person is at their absalute worst each of those making up the dark side of that persons soul.

to put this line of thought into a somewhat more easily understood manner of speaking try to think of bw silverbolt and bm jetstorm as the 2 would exist in the form of bm silverbolt if each of them were to exist as 2 seperate personalities of the same single living person that is bm silverbolt. the personality that bm silverbolt had originally during the beast wars being his main personality and representing the light side of his soul with jetstorm being the minor alternate personality representing the darkside of bm silverbolts soul.

From a purely psychological viewpoint, the main personality of the two could be seen as literally representing all of the positive qualities which made bw silverbolt who he is as a maximal warrior making up the light side of his personality, his conscious mind and his very spark and his minor alternate personality of jetstorm being made up of all the negative qualities which make jetstorm psychologically represent the dark side of bm silverbolts being and soul.

In a way, the positive attributes counter balancing with the negative attributes could be seen as a psychological take on the yin and yang

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

thread won

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do that when i eat my dad's lemon cake.
    oh.
    ohhh...
    never mind.

16. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

hey smasher IMHO i always had teen titans robin pegged as being tim drakes character/robin

this is just how i think of it

justice league unlimited season 3 ends with the flashback events from batman beyond return ofthe joker happening in the same year with tim drake being put through a full year of psychological therapy to recover from the jokers attempt to psychorape tim drakes mind with the thanagarian absorbacron technology asa way for the jokerto imprint a living copy of hsi mind and personality and memories onto tim drakes subconciouse mind while also using cadmus nanotechnology to splice tim drakes dna with his own and to convert tim drakes dna into that of the joker in the long term

essentuall joker lived beyodn the death of his original body in a form of a cancer like nanotech like virus one which rewrote tim drakes dna itno being that of the joker

with teen titans taking place a full year after the events of the flashback scenes from bbrotj thus explainingwhy titans robin has some serious mental issues when it comes to pyschopathci criminals like slade and also possibly explaining what was hidden in the briefcase i nthe season 5 episode revved up

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

so long as it does not keep me from holding down a decent job or being able to make new freinds over time i see nothing wrong with it

you ever read any of those espionage cold war era spy novels?

at times the good guy double agent finsds himself getting in so deep undercover i nemeny territory that just to survive and go on living he has to teach himself to create a secondary minor alternate personality jsut to maintain his cover all together in that regard

i nthe case of punch /coutnerpunch punch has slipped so far into the alternate personality of counterpunch that even he can't quite tell who the real him really is

i know i don't suffer from blackouts myself so as far as i know its just a harmless quirk i have learned to live with over the years

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I think you were having a stroke or sneezed as you were typing. Or you fail at communicating ideas.

Personally I thought Superman: Doomsday was garbage. Nothing worked for me on any level really, from the voice acting to the story.

With help from other posts, I think Hereafter by far did the best job out of those that I've seen. The death was unexpected, the art direction was brilliant (Toyman raising his arms in triumph while the lightning pulses in the background is a powerful image), and the whole story of a powerless Superman and a villain without motivation was simply genius. The present story wasn't even necessary, but everything from the funeral, the disbelieving Batman and the comedy relief of Lobo, the whole story worked astoundingly well.