DCAU DTV you want to see...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Oct 2, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far we got Superman Doomsday, Gotham knight, JL: Final Frontier, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Superman/Batman Public enemies. We are getting the crisis on to earths next.

So what would you like to see DC put out in the future?

I'm not much of a comic reader, but watched a lot of JL/JLU and own all the batman:TAS , superman, JL DVDs. I know about the characters, but no the big stories. Here are one's I'd like to see...

Most likely to Happen
    - A Wally West Flash movie. I say Wally West because I want him to be the JL/JLU Flash with the wiseass comedy. Put him up against a rouge or two from his gallery. Like Capt. Boomerang, Prankster, Capt. Cold, Mirror Master, etc. If they need to go more serious with Barry Allen then fine.
    - A Green Arrow/Black Canary movie. I liked Ollie in JLU and he was great with Canary. Would be a good subject for a movie.
    - Aquaman (total dick version). This is possible. Make him either the total asshole like in JL or make him the egotistical dufus like in Batman Brave and the Bold and it is all good.

Wouldn't mind seeing, but unlikely to get made
    - The Atom in a feature film. He is a bit second string so he would not get his own film. Again he was good in the DCAU, but it might be hard to carry his own film.
    - Capt. Marvel. He is big and tough like Superman. Might be and interesting one to do eventually.
    -Hawkman/Hawkgirl - Again not as big as the big name guys, but deserving of new material.

Will never happen
    - The Question. If you watched JLU then you know why he needs a movie. But sadly he is still too obscure to market.

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Cassandra Cain movie. There was an arc where she needed Shiva to retrain her since she lost her edge. Her brain was rewired so she could talk and she lost the ability to read movements and body language. Shiva's deal was, fight to the death in one year. End it with that awesome fight.

The Killing Joke.

The Supergirl sequel to Public Enemies.

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Batman: Knightfall Trilogy (3 movies, it would be too condensed to do one and it would be as mangled as Superman: Doomsday)

Green Lantern Second Flight

Identity Crisis

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
    Superman: Red Son
    Twilight of the Superheroes

5. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Red Son
    Long Halloween
    Golden Age
    Dark Knight Returns (I wish Timm would just finish what he teased us with in the Legends of the Dark Knight episode)

6. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

A Captain Marvel movie would be great, especially since we didn't get Black Adam, the Wizard Shazam, Mary Marvel or Captain Marvel, Jr. in Justice League Unlimited.

Green Lantern: The Sinestro Corps War would be AWESOME but is probably too big to tell in 80 minutes without completely obliterating the story.

Batman: The Long Halloween would be great, especially if done with the voice cast and the original look of Batman: The Animated Series.

An adaptation of Geoff Johns' and Gary Frank's Superman And The Legion Of Superheroes arc of Action Comics would be sweet.

I think the Green Lantern: Rebirth and The Flash: Rebirth would also make for cool movies, especially if they get Michael Rosenbaum back as Wally West.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Another Batman one later would be cool. Maybe like Boggs said, do a DKR one like the on ep of TAS.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Lots of good suggestions so far. Identity Crisis would be spectactular. The Flash needs a movie... not sure on a story arc though. Maybe a Wally/Barry hybrid type thing (like the live action series). Once the Flash gets one, then that would transition well into a Flash/GL team-up movie. Sinestro Corps War could make a good movie or two. Green Arrow could star in something pretty easily.

Also, Final Crisis! Maybe a movie would make more sense, because the comic series sure as hell didn't. I tried to get it... but just couldn't.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

A proper Superman/Doomsday. Make it a trilogy with Death as Part 1. Funeral for Friend being part 2, and Reign of the Supermen being part 3.

JLA: Tower of Babel.

10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Lots of good ideas already said, here are some of mine:

The Flash (Wally or Barry is fine, but I'd say he's due for a feature at this point.)

Sequels to Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. I liked the design and casting of both of those, and it would be a shame not to use all of it again.

DC One Million

All-Star Superman, but not as one of these 75-minute deals, I'd want each issue to be its own broadcast-length (~22 min) episode.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    so no one else wants a question movie?

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If he is voiced by the dude who did his and Scarecrow's voice in the revamped DCAU, then yes.

Same for the Atom. Voiced by Dr. Cox, yes yes and more yes.

13. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    I just want them to go back to using the old DCAU art style...

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

A Green Lantern Corps movie. I just want to see animated Iolande again. :p 

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, that'd be nice.

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love an Identity Crisis or Flash(Wally West) movie. Also, where's all the hate for Superman Doomsday coming from? It's my 3rd Favorite DC DTV movie. Was it based on a book/saga I'm unaware of and basterdized it?

17. Optimus1986

I really love Superman Doomsday. It's my #2 favorite behind JL: New Frontier. But it really did cut out alot of material. Very little if any at all of a World Without Superman. The replacement Supermen would have made it really epic, especially Cyborg Superman. And I really missed seeing all of the superheroes turning out for his funeral, Lois finding Superman's tomb empty, etc. I thought it was good, but it could have been alot better.

18. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Definitely. This is a good example of the limitations of WB's current approach to these direct to dvd movies. They all average about 80 minutes but some of the material they're adapting is a year's worth of stories (or more). I'm sure if they'd have done the Death of Superman trilogy properly, it would have been about a 3 hour movie.

19. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I would go crazy for Killing Joke or Red SOn

20. Optimus1986

Arkham Asylum or the Long Halloween done in the original Batman: TAS style like Mask of the Phantasm would be phenomenal.

An adaptation of the first 3 issues of Trinity would be :rock