DC/VERTIGO SANDMAN !!!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Jonesy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't know where to post a request like this...BUT...

I am looking for mint/near-mint condition individual issues of the Neil Gaiman-penned DC/VERTIGO series, "The Sandman". I am JUST starting my collection and am wondering if anyone is willing to sell any/all of this series for a reasonable price?

All I have so far is issues 65 and 67....so i'm essentially looking for the following:

Sandman issue #1-64 , 66 , 68-75.

Please PM me if anyone can help me out :)  Thanks!!!!

-Jonesy

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Your best bet if you simply want to read the stories would probably be to get the TPBs. And start at the beginning ("Preludes And Nocturnes"); a lot of what happens early on is referenced later. And I DO mean a lot. Other than that, try eBay if you're determined to get the originals.
    *Loved that comic, almost has a set*

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

4. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

You don't want the individual issues. You don't want the trades.
    What you want is the Absolute Sandman.
    Volume One recently came out, and it runs about 100 bucks.
    It has issues 1-20 and it's in a giant hardcover book.
    It is the greatest thing ever.
    They recolored all the pages as well.
    And you should start with the start of the series, as it lays out the foundations for things that happen later on.
    But hunt down the Absolute Sandman.
    You won't be sorry.
    And if you get the trades, hunt down the HC versions.
    But if money is an issue, you can find the regular versions in any comic shop, the latest versions are even numbered so there is no confusion.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Don't forget the one-shot special issue, jonesy.

But really, I'd say go with the trades (or Absolute if you have the cash). They're considerably easier to find, and they arrange the self-contained issues into thematic collections between some of the bigger arcs. It's just an easier way to go about it (potentially cheaper, too).

Enjoy it when you finally get it. Sandman is one of the best comic series ever, so far as I'm concerned. Delirium is still one of my favorite fictional characters ever, and you have to love Death.

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thank you everyone for your responses and/or info thus far :) 

I actually own the trade paperbacks already and honesty just want to be able to have all of the individual issues of the series just for nothing more than for fun's sake :)  I have always enjoyed reading comics from cover to cover and seeing all the wierd ads and letters pages and plus, I just want to be able to look at Dave McKean's art as it originally was presented.

I am also considering the "Absolute Sandman" Hardcover as it just looks amazing!!!

Thank you again everyone!!!

-Jonesy

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm a huge Gaiman and Sandman fan, but I'm still not sure about the Absolute edition. As great as the story is, and as cool as it would be to have it recolored (especially that infamous mistake in Brief Lives where Delirium's eyes are supposed to be the same color for a change but aren't), $100 each for probably four volumes is asking a lot. That and I don't know where I'd put the massive things. They sure as hell wouldn't fit on my graphic novel shelf.

8. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

You could kill someone with the Absolute Sandman volume 1.
    Shell out the ducks.

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Sandman is one of the greatest comics ever.

10. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

For a while, my first issue was the most valuable comic I owned. That was forever ago. Still, I wonder if I should send it to CGC for certification.

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hell, I would!! Why not? There are a few comics that I would love to get graded, such as SCUD: The Disposable Assassin #1, Superman #75....not sure what else. If I end up collecting "The Sandman", I may do the same with some of them as well.

12. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Yeah? I dunno. I've never had anything graded before. Though I've got a number of issues I've been considering for years. With Sandman, it just seems like a waste since you can get the entire run on Ebay for what? Like $60? Heh, I think in 1992 or thereabouts, issue 1 of Sandman was going for more than that.