DC to start a shared universe with man of steel?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Seriously doubt it'll happen. If I'm not mistaken they were trying that with Green Lantern back before it hit theaters.

3. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought they DID try it with Green Lantern. That is why they introduced Amanda Waller in the movie (kind of like Nick Fury in the Marvel movies)

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Yeah, they DID try that approach with GREEN LANTERN. Look where that went.

They need not jump on the "Nick Fury-Avengers Initiative" technique, it's too much of a copycat approach and will attract unnecessary complaints. They should just try a different approach: give all the DC heroes their standalone films, then put them all together just like that in one film and see what happens.

5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The future of DC superhero movies is literally relying on Man of Steel. If Man of Steel fails, then we have to wait for the next Batman movie. If Man of Steel is a huge success, then we could expect a Flash or Wonder Woman movie to be made soon.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't care, Make Green Lantern the first of the films.

7. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Exactly.

If DC/WB can't get Superman right, then they should just pack it up and go home.

However, if Man of Steel is the super-blockbuster WB, DC, and fans want, then yes, it should be the springboard towards the JLA and the shared DC Universe.

8. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't see this ending well.

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Sounds great, but Lobo? Lobo's a pretty risky, and lame, second step in the JLA saga.

10. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Yawn.

Silly WB/DC. Marvel beat you to the punch and nothing's ever going to change that.

Don't worry, though; I'm sure audiences will enjoy BATMAN AND HIS SUPER FRIENDS when it finally gets made.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Amanda Waller was head of the Cadmus Project in Justice League Unlimited, if you think for one second she's analogous to Nick Fury then you're wrong.

All it did was give the impression that this is someone we might see more of. If they wanted to tease Justice League in Green Lantern, something more substantial than Amanda Waller making an appearance would be needed. Like instead of that stinger being Sinestro getting his yellow ring, Hal Jordan meets Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman.

Not to put to finer point on it, but....Who. Fucking. Cares? The two companies have been copying one another since time began but you know what? If the worst I have to put up with to finally see a Wonder Woman movie (at all), a Superman movie (that ISN'T attempting to suck Richard Donner's cock) and a Batman movie (that doesn't have its head up its own arse) which would then lead into a movie about the JUSTICE LEAGUE, then I'll ride the rage train all the way to the cinema.

[​IMG]

12. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Completely irrelevant.

In the '70s and '80s WB was producing big budget Superman and Batman movies, while Marvel was making made for TV movies of the Hulk, co-starring either Daredevil or Thor and one craptacular Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie. Of course, DC had the benefit of being owned by WB since the '70s, which helped, but should Marvel had sat out of the game because they weren't the first to do the big-budget super-hero movie? No, of course not, which is why DC/WB will continue to make their movies, and make a ton of money, too.

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    They need to let Marvel do their movies. Wait...

14. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

man of steel can either make or break dc films, if it works (which I doubt) then we can expect the flash, martian manhunter and lobo to get their own films if it doesn't work then we gotta wait for the next batman film and even that could take some time

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope Man of Steel is good, just so we can finally see the return of Superman in pop culture.