DC teaser image = yeahbuhwhat?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    lick me

so...whatnow?

WW3 i guess....just odd that theres no real news attached to it....

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I would guess WWIII too, and it's just showing the bodies of Beetle, Max, and Jade as a "what else has happened in DC lately"... I guess since WWIII is so close to the end of 52 then that could be Bart picking up the mantle, his book could be set at like week 48 or something in the whole "One Year Later" jump awhile back and this is after he's finally accepted the role. But who is the lantern? Kyle? Doesn't look like any costume I've seen before. And what's the deal with Red Robin being there? Jason? I know he's supposed to become Nightwing after WWIII. Are they saying in the DCU Red Robin was created first as a one-time costume of Todd's? He goes from Robin to Red Hood to Red Robin to Nightwing and back to Red Hood? I would suppose that's Batman fresh back from the desert. Awesome to see Barda and Miracle, does that mean Scott Free is back?

Oh DC, why must you tease us so? "YEAHBUHWHAT?" indeed.

edit: then again, that could be Kingdom Come Red Robin from another Earth. The Multiverse does still exist after all. They all could be multiple Earths.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, im just confused and excited. i may pick up kingdom come at work tonight....cuz i havent read it

and i havent heard anything about jason todd being nightwing, but maybe thats dick under the red robin outfit....

4. j3

Todd was Nightwing for a couple issues of the OYL Nightwing arc. It sucked.

5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh, yeah i knew about that, i thought you meant that he was gonna be nightwing currently, i forget that 52 is all in the past compared to the OYL stories...dammit thats too confusing...stupid DC...i dont understand how ww3 will take place at the end of 52, yet no one has mentioned anything about a huge scale war in any OYL books. ww3 has gotta take place after 52, and after the OYL titles....i think....

6. j3

No, WW3 is all in week 50 (I think that's it) and that's it. But yeah, that's kind of been a big problem with 52 is that everything that happens in it hasn't been mentioned in the regular DCU in the whole OYL stuff. But as soon as it does happen in 52, you might see some passing comment about it in the regular stuff.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I wanna give Mary Marvel a hug. :cry 

8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

So............... DC tries to make all their books new-reader friendly by doing the OYL thing and giving everyone a clean starting point. But then they go and bring back the multi-earth thing? Even after all the Infinite Crisises and Zero Hours.

Blargh. I'm disappointed... :/

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    This shouldn't be WW3. WW3 takes place in 52, which would mean that Superman and Wonder Woman wouldn't be there, Donna would be in her Wonder Woman costume, and there wouldn't be a Flash.

A lot of weird stuff here. The Flash looks like Barry, Kyle is dressed as Ion but has a ring, Red Robin (Jason Todd? alternate Dick Grayson?), Donna in her old Wonder Girl costume, and Batman is all Elseworlds-y. And I still can't place that device down near Jade's body. I've heard speculation that the gold thing by Beetle might be a Legion flight ring, and the tiny red thing might be the Atom. Interesting picture, but almost impossible to decipher.

It does remind me how much I miss Jade, though. And Ted. And Max. :( 

10. j3

CBR guessed Countdown and I guess that makes sense to me. It shows all the recent tragedies of the DCU for the past couple years as what's leading to the events of this new weekly book.

11. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

That Batman is freakin rad.

12. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Max can rot at that Fast Food place in hell for all I care. (Never did read DC books but the Blue Beetle just on looks was a character I liked so yes seeing what Diana did made me cheer with the glee of a school girl eyeing her fav pop star)

Though that is one mystery image indeed. I do expect it being WW3 related and yes I feel bad for Mary Marvel.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Hey, the REAL Max Lord was a great character. He was nothing like whoever that was in Countdown.

14. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think having the Question dead on the cover is evidence that he LIVES. How many times in the last few years has DC suggested that someone dies, only to photoshop the image later and show that it was just a red herring?

For example, in the teaser image of the new JLA, there was a lot of people. A few months later, the teaser image came out and a lot of people were photoshopped into other people.

Remember "The Funeral of Nightwing"? (Around the beginning of Infinite Crisis, Didio mentioned that there was going to be a miniseries called "The Funeral of Nightwing." He THEN revealed that he was just pulling a prank, that this wasn't a real series, and it was just a disatraction to keep IC's plot unpredictable.)

My point is that DC loves to "spoil" someone's death ahead of time, only to "surprise" us later when that person actually lives.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    they also changed the cover to issue 5 of justice league of america. it was clearly amazo on the initial picture, but then solomon grundy on the finale shot. i definately wanna know whats up now though...

16. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Supes has it good in that pic ;) 

17. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Looks like Superboy Prime punched something again.

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i hope not, i hope its at least a little while longer before superboy prime returns

19. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm so confused by Infinite Crisis/52. If WW3 happened then why has there been no references to it yet in OYL? Or is it a "we know it's lame no one mentioned that we had a world war, but we don't want to give away any 52 spoilers yet" issue. As long as I know what happens to Team Arrow I don't much care about the rest of the DCU. Well okay, I like Batman and Wonder Woman too. And what's up with Isis? Is this her official post COIE introduction to the DCU? I read some of her old 70s issues once and liked the character.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    new teaster image, way bigger

Here

is that the spectre behind bats?