DC Superheroes Azrael

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Galaxy Convoy, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Found this guy at Target last night. Pretty good figure, but it does have it's flaws, one especially glaring.

Firstly, his head articulation is hindered by the way they attached his cape, locking it into a looking down pose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see in the second pic, they stretched an elastic band between the cape, and across the back of his neck. This is just poor design, and was totally unnessecary, as the cape itself is attached to his chest and is pretty solid. But most notably it destroys any neck articulation he had. And I say had because it's plain to see his head can be moved up, were it not for the cape band across his neck. It's hard to find a decent pose for him without it looking like he's staring at the ground.

Secondly, is his legs. Dunno if it's just mine, but they were pretty funkily molded. This is how he looks with them in the "default" position:

[​IMG]

Looks like he's trying to be a contortionist or something. It's not a critical flaw like the cape thing, but it does make posing him kinda tricky. But it can be done.

[​IMG]

All in all, he's a decent figure, and worth getting. But he does have his flaws, sadly.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

*sigh*

looking at the DC Superheroes figures, I just sit back and wonder how cool it would be if DC gave us a line that had articulation like the Marvel Legends, in the same scale, with all the DC heroes and villains available for use.

3. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

I found Series 3 at TRU (way faster than I was expecting for Canada), and after deciding for a few minutes, I picked up the Mr. Freeze figure, and I gotta say, he's pretty snazzy! I really wanted Robin to go along with the Batman from Series 1, but I find the villians are way tougher to find than the main characters, so I'll have to pick up Azrael soon.

Freeze has great articulation (no ML but still decent), tight joints, but by far the best part is the gimmick that allows you to turn his head. Being that he has a dome over his head, turning his waist allows you to turn his head as well! Turning his waist back to front and center repositions his head as well, so coloured me impressed!

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I bet they hear that all the time but chose to be stubborn.
    But damn everyone else is making their toys like Marvel Legends, it's like the ML's started a toy revolution with that moldstyle, and DC is like way out left field somewhere going dee duur dum dee dur dee do

Even video game figs like Street Fighter etc.. has caught on.

Was shocked when I saw DC Superheroes Robin, you'd think they would add extra poseability to make him better since he's acrobatic, and alot of people don't like him, but he's still useless as ever and already warming the pegs again.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Nice figure. Have yet to see one though.

My favorite thing about DC Superheroes has to come from series 3, the current one. Batman comes with like 7 batarangs. However the geniuses decided to provide no hand articulation and molded the hands into fists. :rolleyes2 

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You can reform Azraels legs by soaking them in boiling water, then run them under a cold tap to reset them. Works for all my action figure needs!

Until Mattel do a properly articulated DC Superheroes figure I'll probably steer clear for now... so far all I have is the Supergirl. Super articulation does seem to be standard these days, after Spider-man Classics wowed us... Mattel seems to be years behind.

7. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

Saw the wave at Wal-Mart, but Freeze and Azreal were long gone. I dig the Batman and even the Robin is pretty cool. My vote's for Batman first. However, both figs I saw had shoddy paint apps so I passed for now.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Until DCD has the kind of quality and articulation that ML is known for I will steer clear of them. Batman and his foes/allies look promising but I don't think I will like them if I put them next to the SMC and MLs I have already.

9. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

His legs look a bit tiny in those pics also.