DC Superheores/DC universe 6"?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by T16skyhopp, Jan 31, 2008.

1. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey,

I've recently decided I want some more batman figures. Only one I have is the Dark Night Returns old man batman. Because of a review on oafe.net Ive been looking to pick up the "DC Superheroes" Series8 Batman http://www.oafe.net/poe/dcsh8bat.php . I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I saw the joker from the set at TRU before Xmas, but thats it.

I noticed some empty pegs at target with DCH 6 inch, and have been checking back. today I found one lone batman, but from DC universe series 1. Picked it up cause the classic look is nice, but still want to track down DCSH8. I'm new to this toyline and am very confused, especially cause the DCSH line also seems to include the JL animated style figures too. Are the DCSH 6inch ones still shipping, or is DCU a replacement 6" line? Is there a chance of me finding the series 8 batman in stores or should I start to look elsewhere?

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The wave 7 & 8 DCSH figures may yet be shipping, or at least coming out of warehouses, as they're still being reported occasionally on other boards and showing up on eBay. I certainly hope so, as I still haven't found Clayface. You might try a Big Lots if you have one in your area -- they've been a good secondary source of DCSH since the Cyborg Supes wave. (I just saw Mongul, Black Suit Supes, and the Batman/Joker 2-pack at a local BL last week.)

But yeah, DCU is, indeed, a replacement for DCSH.

FYI, there's a Toyark DCU thread here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=160875&highlight=universe+haul

Mods, would a merge be in order?

3. T16skyhopp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, thanks! This can be closed i guess. Just wanted the info. Their toyline is as confusing as their continuity! Was there a Crisis in Multiple Retail Stores to explain the change to DCU?

4. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

They changed it to DCU when they got the license to create just about any DC character rather than the original license which only allowed Superman and Batman related toys to be made.

5. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

If you really want a good 6' Black and Grey Batman, I would very highly recommend checking your Toys R Us.

They have a two pack of Batman and Robin. This Batman is a black and grey repaint of the series 3 DCSH Batman, but he has a cloth cape that is really nice, and also the open hand is nice to actually hold a batarang. The Robin is pretty forgettable, but it was worth it just for the Batman.

6. T16skyhopp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw that and it looked like the same mold as the single one from series 3/8, but im actually not a huge fan of cloth on action figures. If i cant find the series 8 one i will pick it up though. They also have one with a nightwing esque blue robin repaint, which looked odd.

thanks for the info.

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I agree with the sentiment that cloth is sometimes out of place, but I really like this cape. It's actually big enough that you can wrap it around him like in the comics.

8. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Kryptonite for sale?

[​IMG]

As for a Batman I have a sparfe of this $5 plus S&H:

[​IMG]

9. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

There was so many Supermans that the stores didn't order new cases. TRU and Target were the only stores to get the last 2 Batman waves, and Big Lots the last Superman. I've heard that K-Mart did have the Batman Waves, but find me a K-Mart that isn't a shit-dive.