DC Solicits for Sept 2007

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Superman_Alpha, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Among other places:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=10921
    http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Sept07/solicitations.html

My list:

Stuff I'll wait to buy in trade form:
    SUICIDE SQUAD: RAISE THE FLAG #1

JLA WEDDING SPECIAL #1
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #13
    Dwayne McDuffie's debut on the JLA is the wedding Special, which continues in JLA #13. Time for me to switch to the trades or HCs.

Stuff that's worth buying in single issues:
    SUPERMAN #667
    Written by Kurt Busiek
    Art and cover by Carlos Pacheco & Jesus Merino
    Part 1 of the action-packed 2-part finale of "Camelot Falls," by Kurt Busiek, Carlos Pacheco & Jesus Merino! With the whole world watching, Superman's on the hunt for Arion. But Subjekt-17 stands in his path - and he's out for blood! It's the first of two no-holds-barred slamdowns that will shake Superman's world to its core, as the biggest Superman epic in years hits its explosive climax!
    On sale September 12 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

THE FLASH #232
    Written by Mark Waid
    Art & cover by Daniel Acuña
    What alien menace lies beneath the Flash's own home? And what's his dark, dark family secret - the one that's helping him keep the peace in Keystone?
    On sale September 19 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #9
    Written by Geoff Johns
    Art by Dale Eaglesham & Ruy Jose
    Cover by Alex Ross
    Variant cover by Eaglesham & Jose
    Don't miss this important prologue to an event that will rock the world's first and best super-team! In this issue, a fight between Wildcat and Wildcat; a firehouse pancake breakfast; Power Girl's quest to unlock the secret's behind her cousin's death; Citizen Steel's new family and the fate of Starman! And that's just the beginning as we prepare the Justice Society for their newest and most surprising member to date...
    On sale September 5 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JLA/HITMAN #1
    Written by Garth Ennis
    Art and Cover by John McCrea
    Tommy Monaghan, the long-lost hero of HITMAN, returns in part one of this two-issue miniseries! There's a problem on the JLA moonbase, and not even the World's Greatest Heroes can cope by themselves. Can Tommy help them out? Will he? Unpleasant secrets from the past return...on the Darkside.
    On sale September 19 o 1 of 2 o 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US

OUTSIDERS #50
    Written by Tony Bedard
    Art by Matthew Clark
    Cover by Manuel Garcia
    A new era dawns for the Outsiders! Batman makes a stunning last-minute change to the Outsiders' new roster - but there's a bigger surprise in store as the team uncovers a worldwide upheaval within the supervillain community!
    On sale September 5 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US o FINAL ISSUE

JONAH HEX #23
    Written by Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti
    Art and cover by Jordi Bernet
    Featuring the phenomenal art of Jordi Bernet! Abandoned in the wilderness with two warring armies both out for his blood, Jonah Hex will have to make peace by shooting and talking to make it out alive.
    On sale September 5 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

TEEN TITANS #51
    Written by Sean McKeever
    Art by Alé Garza & Marlo Alquiza
    Cover by Alé Garza & Scott Williams
    The Titans of Tomorrow are here today! The super-popular future Titans are arrive in our present time , and they've already taken out the Justice League. What crucial historical event are they here to stop - or contribute to?
    On sale September 26 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

COUNTDOWN PRESENTS THE SEARCH FOR RAY PALMER: WILDSTORM #1
    Written by Ron Marz
    Art by Paco Herrera
    Cover by Arthur Adams
    The Search for Ray Palmer truly kicks into high gear, as Kyle Rayner, Donna Troy and Jason Todd scour the Multiverse for the former Atom, who just might hold the key to saving reality from a crisis of unparalleled proportions. The trio's first stop: the Wildstorm Universe, where they come face-to-face with an entirely different -- and entirely more lethal -- brand of heroes. Wildstorm's finest are all here, including The Authority and Gen13, and they don't prepare a warm welcome for their visitors! The tour of the new DC Multiverse begins here!

BOOSTER GOLD #2
    Written by Geoff Johns & Jeff Katz
    Art and cover by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund
    Variant cover by Arthur Adams
    Booster Gold's bizarre timequest to prevent an evil force from unraveling the origins of the world's greatest heroes continues in Part 2 of "52 Pickup!" Journeying years back in the past, Booster is forced to team up with an egomaniac that rivals even himself - the world's greatest Green Lantern - Sinestro! Plus, what does Dan Garret have to do with any of this?

Trades & HCs

JACK KIRBY'S FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
    Written by Jack Kirby
    Art by Kirby & Mike Royer
    Cover by Kirby
    The third of four volumes collecting Jack Kirby's classic 1970s classic "Fourth World" magnum opus! In this volume collecting THE NEW GODS #7-10, THE FOREVER PEOPLE #8-10, SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #146-148, MISTER MIRACLE #7-10, Darkseid's deadly schemes reach Earth as Orion of the New Gods battles Kalibak, son of Darkseid, the Forever People run afoul of the DC Comics hero Deadman and more!
    Advance-solicited; on sale November 21 o 396 pg, FC, $49.99 US

SUPERMAN: THE BOTTLE CITY OF KANDOR TP
    Written by Edmond Hamilton and others
    Art by Curt Swan and others
    Don't miss this Silver Age collection of the best of the Kandor stories, in which Superman and Jimmy Olsen shrink down to battle as Kandor's own costumed heroes, Nightwing and Flamebird! This volume collects stories from ACTION COMICS, SUPERMAN and more!
    Advance-solicited; on sale October 17 o 200 pg, FC, $14.99 US

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE GREAT DISASTER FEATURING THE ATOMIC KNIGHTS AND HERCULES VOL. 1 TP
    Written by John Broome, Gerry Conway, Jack Kirby and others
    Art by Murphy Anderson, Jack Kirby, Walter Simonson and others
    This thrilling volume collects futuristic tales from Strange Adventures, First Issue Special, Hercules Unbound, Kamandi, Weird War Tales, House of Mystery, Superman, Amazing World of DC Comics, and House of Secrets!
    Advance-solicited; on sale October 24 o 576 pg, B&W, $16.99 US

You'll note this was solicited with the Coutdown tie-in books and not with the other trades.

2. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Yay, Titans of Tomorrow storyline is back!

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

the cover to Outsider's final issue should tell you where they are going with the team.

[​IMG]

:D  <------ happy fanboy

4. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm greatly looking forward to the GA/BC wedding. But I want to wait for the trades too. Will the wedding special and guide to the wedding be collected in trades or should I just get the single issues of those?

My Guesses for the trades:

GA: Year One
    BC mini - doubt it will included the BoP issue where BC talks to Oracle about the proposal though
    JLA Vol. 3 - including the JLA Wedding Special probably
    GA/BC ongoing Vol. 1 probably including the actual wedding issue special #1, not sure it would include the guide to the wedding though

Then there is that issue of Countdown with the bachlorette party...

I think I just need to alert my local comic shop to try and pull anything wedding related for me.

And Gail Simone coming up on Wonder Woman after Picoult, sweet!

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really glad I dropped Countdown, given the number of tie-ins that will be showing up in the coming months.

Stuff I will be picking up...

Green Lantern, Sinestro Corps War tie-in issues (single issues)
    Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps War tie-in issues (single issues)
    Sinestro Corps Specials (single issues)
    Black Adam miniseries (wait for trade)

6. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Damn, that book cannot hold onto writers. WTF?