DC movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hiraga, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Okay, so we all know that from recent news, DC seems to be really getting along in production of non-Batman movies. For the following movies, who would you cast as director and the titular characters?

Flash
    Director- John Favreau
    Actor- It's too bad Ryan Reynolds is already Hal Jordan. He would've been my ideal choice. So I don't really know here. A friend of mine suggested Matthew McConaughey, but I'm not sure about it.

Green Lantern
    Director- Isn't Martin Cambell in talks for this one? I think he'd be a sweet choice.
    Actor- Ryan Reynolds is ok....But he's have to get a little more buffed up first.

Superman (Reboot)
    Director- I'd say bring Richard Donner back, but we've seen his take on Superman already. Bryan Singer did an okay job on Suprman Returns I thought (The actors ruined it for me). I'd say Bryan Singer deserves another chance to fix his last mistake. But that's partially because I have no idea who else would be right for it.
    Actor- Okay, I'll say it right here. BRANDON ROUTH WASN'T THAT BAD. But we definetly don't need him for a reboot. Personally, I have no idea who else would be good for the role. Just leave Brandon out of it.

Wonder Woman
    Director- No clue.
    Actor- I don't see anything wrong with Kate Beckinsale. She once said she was interested in the role, and I think she'd have a good shot.

Those are my (Horrible) thoughts. Yours? I'm too lazy to come up with the rest, but there is Hawk Man, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, and ect.

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Tom Welling for Superman. He does a fantastic job in Smallville, plus there is an established fan base that would carry over to the big screen.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I'd like to see DiCaprio play Flash. He has the acting ability and he'd make a decent Barry Allen.

An unknown should play WW. Like when they cast Christopher Reeve as Superman.

As for Supes.......I just don't know. Welling would be just alright for me. But I love Erica Durance as Lois Lane though. The thing that killed Returns for me personally was the ending. It just deflated the whole experience of the movie. But those designs for Metropolis were gorgeous, and I love the look of the 40s so I really liked the overall feel of the movie visually.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't think there's a single DC character outside of Batman I actually care about. Maybe redo Steel, just to compensate the poor bastard for his first film?

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want Kevin Smith to direct a DC movie.
    Would like to see Tarantino direct a Sandman film (the gas mask & trenchcoat version.)

as for the movies you listed, am not too interested in those characters these days

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´m totally hyped for the Green Lantern movie. Also a Green Lantern Corps movie would be awesome too. The less Batman/Superman movies the better. I liked the Dark Knight, but I want to see DC moving away from those characters.

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I don't really have an idea for whom should direct/write/star in those movies but, I will be eagerly awaiting the end result. I have always loved DC but, I definetly think that The Bat and the Man of Steel need to go the bench for awhile in favor of some other DC stars.

8. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

True, true. I wish they would do some stellar DCAU for Batman and Superman. Stand alone that is, not together. Like maybe the Killing Joke or the Man of Steel. Then focus on other characters for live-action.