DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What- that is a new Batman figure?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yup.

[​IMG]

This one has more range in the hips, double-jointed knees, and ab crunch, the soft cape, and different shoulders that look to have better range.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BWfan86

News Credits:
    That’s annoying- I finally bit on the btas mold batman just a few months ago...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Aquaman figures don’t look hateful to me, Orm and Blackmanta look good.

I hope Aquaman has a couple different looks in the movie, I would love a second try at a figure of his BVS outfit with the pauldron.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The Aquaman Multiverse figures are definitely a step up from the JL ones. For some reason Mattel is opposed to double hinged elbows. Looks like they're finally starting to use rocker ankles more. Could be wrong.

Try unfortunate part of using ball hips is that the hips themselves look too small, whereas on DCUC, the universal joint t-crotch didn't ruin the silhouette by showing gaps like the new hips.

6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Best summary of DCC's decisions ever.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Did anyone else sign up for the DCU subscription? I bit with the hopes that they will actually release the JL characters in relatively short succession. Otherwise, I don't think the sub is worth it for me, since 90% of the video content I have purchase and/ or viewed before

8. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    I think it can be easily applied in most cases to Playmates, Hasbro and especially lately *Mattel.

As usual, of course Mattel try to shove dolls because after all they're *mainly girl toys company:rolleyes:  and they're pretty meh as usual. I really hate they keep giving big heads for the live action based dolls.

As for the Aquamen line, it's not bad. I wish it was more playlinish since the articulation isn't that great anyway and just make them more expensive plus ruining the sculpt in some cases. Funnily enough, I find the Sharks to be the most exciting, shame they either come with Aquamen-_- and some other boring dude, instead of those cool Murk guys seeing in the SDCC diorama. Also, I bummed Brine king sold as part of a pack, not just a 2-pack , but a 3-pack!

*Between the whole She-Ra terrible reboot, the forever kept teased action doll line of She-ra and their lazy new Polly Pocket , I'm really pissed off on them and probably will post more detailed opinion in thread on SDCC conclusions which I plan to open later.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  9. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't remember that. I remember Superman looking exactly like he did at retail, maybe less tan.
    They put those on their DC Multiverse Premium line.
    Wait wait wait wait, did you just say DCUC doesn't have gaps in the hips?! That's the biggest problem with that hip design: any pose other than standing straight shows a huge, unsightly gap.

10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Did they ever?

The only reason why DCC gets by is because their only serious rival is Mattel. But if Mattel ever started, for an example, using ankle tilts as a standard... Their mass retail figures would be good enough for display to never bother with DCC.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Good lord, Mattel is doing the full court press at SDCC and if I though that I would see these in store, I might actually be excited enough to clear some space on my DC shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Wow, a new Red Hood!

• Like Like x 1
  13. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The lack of ankle tilts in Mattel DCU figures has officially gone from embarrassing to disappointing. Starfire and Metal Hawkgirl both look great.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Where'd you see Red Hood?

HOLY CRAP!!! Kingdom Come Superman, Flashpoint Aquaman, Rebirth Wally West (original Wally), AND THE DARK KNIGHT JOKER!!!!!! It seems they ARE willing to do newer movie characters!!! Hopefully this means they ARE moving all movie and TV show characters to the Premium line!!! PLEASE GO BACK AND REVISIT THE CW AND DCEU FIGURES YOU ALREADY DID, BUT IN THE PREMIUM LINE, MATTEL!!! EVEN OTHER MOVIES AND SHOWS LIKE SUPERMAN RETURNS, GOTHAM, AND SMALLVILLE WOULD BE NICE!!!!!

Am I the only one impressed by the fabric coat on Penguin?!?! And it doesn't look like crap, either!!!

What is the name of that big hairy comic character in Mattel's DC Multiverse lineup? I recognize him but I can't remember his name and it's driving me crazy. :lol 

FINALLY we see Linda Carter's Wonder Woman!!! And she looks great! The likeness is actually pretty good to Linda Carter!!!

Lobo unfortunately seems to have that older hip design. Bleh. Move on, Mattel!!!

I'm noticing a lack of Build-A-Figures. Have Mattel abandoned that gimmick, or did they just choose to not show each wave's Build-A-Figure yet for some reason?

If I remember correctly, that Rebirth Kid Flash and Beast Boy were originally Toys'R'Us exclusives, correct? If so, it seems Mattel actually decided to give some of us a break and just make them regular retail figures. GOOD!!!

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The red hair and Kirbyesque outfit makes me think of Big Bear of the Forever People. But I can't find a shot of him in this specific outfit and I don't know why Infinity Man and the Forever People of all books would show up in the line.

I think Big Bear and Lobo are the BAFs this time around, based on the size.

Edit: He's Mammoth, a Teen Titans enemy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SDCC 2018 Gallery - Mattel Post-Panel DC Comics Figures - The Toyark - News
    I need that Danny DeVito Penguin and Heath Ledger Joker!!!.
    Come on Mattel, make Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman and Michael Keaton Batman!!!

Looks like I'm gonna dispose my Movie Master Batman and Joker for cheap :lol :

I can't stand making Val Kilmer Batman will by my "Stand-In Figure" for Batman Returns Keaton figure.
    I mean. Look at Kilmer Bats... something is not right. And his ears aren't pointy.

Marvel Legends manage to make pointy parts in the headsculpt.
    Look at Legends Antman's pointy ears, Wolverine's.
    Seems like Mattel are "safety paranoids" when it comes to pointy sculpts.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  17. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Look at a new Multiverse figure like SDCC Aquaman from the front in a neutral stance and compare it to a DCUC Aquaman from 10 years back. You'll see what I'm talking about. In neutral stances DCUC figures weren't happy but new Multiverse figures are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    MAMMOTH!!! That's it! Thanks, dude! Yeah, I remember seeing him on the GOOD Teen Titans show back then.
    That last sentence threw me off. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Wow that Ledger Joker actually looks good. Nuts that Mattel wants $30 for it. It's the only figure from the movie waves that even looks close to justifying the MSRP.
    Yes I am. Look at the new figures shown at Toyark then look at old DCUC figures standing in a neutral stance. The new Multiverse figures, especially the comic ones, look disproportional due to the new hip joints.

20. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Did Mattel have a change of sculptors? Some of the heads here look terrible. Kingdom Come Superman for one, and Rebirth Wally. Wally’s head looks terribly oversized plus his hands look small that it looks like he has thick sleeves over his arms.