DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I doubt it. It might be more green in the shots we have right now, but that is because they haven't sucked the color out of the movie yet. I bet the final version will match the figure's colors.

2. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I think these have been out for awhile, but I just found them at my local Walmart, 97 cents each!

[​IMG]

Jada Toys has a "Nano Metalfigs" line out, which includes characters from DC, Marvel, Street Fighter, Harry Potter, and WWE. They're full diecast metal, just under 2" tall, and they're actually painted pretty well for their size.

The DC figures are taken from multiple eras. Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Flash here are New 52 designs. Superman & Wonder Woman are from Rebirth, and Batman is from Batman v Superman. I also saw a Suicide Squad (DCEU) Joker, as well as Animated versions of Batman & Harley Quinn. The cardback has a checklist, so there's plenty more figures coming.

[​IMG]

The card art also differs, depending on what "universe" each figure is from. I didn't think to take a picture BEFORE I opened my figures, but here's an example of Rebirth Superman:

[​IMG]

My Flash, Aquaman, and Lantern figures featured the same Trinity characters, but their New 52 designs instead. There's also a small cardboard insert with the character name and ID number (DC3 Superman in this case,) to help identify "Superman" from "Superman", etc.

As a fan of miniatures, I think this is a pretty great line. Sure, there's the odd small paint detail missing here & there, but I was really impressed by the lack of derpy faces on figures about the size of HeroClix pieces. And at less than $1 each, I'm not really seeing a downside here.

There were also some 5-pack sets of DC and Marvel, each featuring one or two characters/repaints not available individually (Cyborg, Parademon, Flashpoint Batman, Lex Luthor.) I also saw an Avengers 10-figure set, but I'm just sticking to the DC figures for now.

Most of the figures & sets are viewable on Jada's site, including a 10-figure set and a Batcave!

3. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

Also, my DC Multiverse JL Flash arrived from Amazon, and while he's still got a fair number of articulation issues, I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was really surprised to find that he has near-Marvel-Legends-style leg articulation, with the ball/socket hips, thigh swivel & double-jointed knees. Unfortunately, the knees only go to just under 90 degrees, there's still no ankle rockers, and the elbows still can't even hit a 90 degree angle. He's got an ab crunch, but it really only allows the upper chest to move backwards, there's practically no forward movement.

Those detriments aside, I think that the sculpt and paint are very impressive! I'm still not really a fan of the movie suit, but somehow I think it looks much better as an in-hand action figure. All of those thin silver lines are sculpted onto the armor (I'm assuming they're meant to be some sort of wire) and then painted silver. They're very fine lines, and they're really cleanly painted on top of the sculpt. The gold lightning accents are also really clean, and they're a GOOD shade of gold - not too yellow, not too green. It looks like most of the figure is cast in black with the red plates painted on, while the boots, forearms, and head are cast in red. The eyes are sharp & straight, and if the jaw/cheeks had been sculpted more sharply, I think there would have been a really impressive Ezra Miller likeness. As it is though, the resemblance is just passing.

Overall, I think he's one of the better DC Multiverse figures since the line began. Very striking visually, and functionally good enough to get a decent running pose.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why does Mattel keep giving Flash fist hands? He should have running hands!

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Maybe Mattel fears that the Flash might be doing Nazi salute.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Nice that Mattel finally gave flash double knees...if only they could do it to their elbows too. I just can't support them anymore, not if they refuse to update articulation. I don't care how many unique sculpts they put out compared to ML, just won't pay $20 for the same stuff I paid $10 ten years ago.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The guy who designed the figure showed his renders and it included running hands and open hands. They were dropped to keep costs down.

Just FYI, we now know that "regular" Batman and Helmeted Cyborg are Walmart exclusives and have a mini-BAF amongst themselves as each includes half of 3 mother boxes. (Which is just absurdly stupid from anything but a force you to buy 2 figures perspective)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Comic...29830388441749218206&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Comic...21648392052217512143&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

So at this point Shirtless Aquaman and the Parademon are unknowns. Smart money is on Walgreens and TRU.

8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I caved... My first two Multiverse figures
    IMG_2534.JPG
    I also preordered the Amazon exclusive Mera.

I guess now I'm going to be going in on the Justice League Multiverse figs, I feel stupid though because now I have this Wonder Woman so I don't feel the need to get the JL version but at the same time I might want her to build Steppenwolf. =/

Besides that wave, Mera, & the Walmart Batman I don't know what other Multiverse figures I plan to get.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I highly doubt hands cost that much, and even if they did, they should have then axed the fisted hands. I hate fists. The only characters they should have fists are Supermen-like characters, Hulk-like characters, and a brawler like Wild Cat.

10. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I agree. On the package for the Flash, the character artwork has running hands, but the figure itself has fists of stone like Roberto Duran. That's just being cheap and another reason Marvel Legends is a superior line.

EDIT: Looking at this further, it looks like an old DCUC buck from 10 years ago.

[​IMG]

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Looking for some new Marvel legends at my Local EB games and saw this!

Spoilers I guess?

[​IMG]

Looks like garbage.

12. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'd just like some opinions since I've been looking but for Suicide Squad Harley Quinn & Deadshot... Which would be the better to go for, MAFEX or SH Figuarts?

Right now I'm kind of leaning for SH on Harley since it looks to be the better looking (face sculpt wise) but Deadshot I don't know, mostly going to be displaying him with his mask.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Does anyone remember those The Batman 2005 Exclusive Catwoman with Exclusive mystery Lion Idol? I've always those about what it would be like to have all 9 Idol figures. I already have 2 of them. But I'm wondering if they are still worth keeping.

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

And the Atom is just a repainted mold from dcuc too. But hey, this is the company that brought barbie with pooping dogs.

15. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

16. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Looks like they're all Mattels DCUC (or subline) figures.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Hawkman, Aquaman - Mattel DC Unlimited
    Captain Marvel - Mattel DC Unlimited (SDCC)
    Batman - Mattel Batman Unlimited
    Damien - Mattel DC Multiverse
    Steppenwolf - Mattel Justice League (BAF)
    Green Lantern - probably Mattel DC Universe Classics

18. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    o_O  He's not there.

The big fig is Swamp Thing. I thought it was a Mattel exclusive version but it's DC Collectibles.

19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    My mistake. I saw the monochrome horned thing and assumed that's who it was. Still have a .800 or .900 batting average though.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So my Walmart must have gotten in a King Shark wave since I was there last week as they had Joker, 2 Batmans, a Jay, and 4 Hawkmans. I was thinking about buying Joker, but the paint job on his face was fugly. For one thing, it looks like they just applied white out on part of his face due to all of teh brush strokes it had. Secondly, they didn't even paint his whole face as his cheeks and sides were a grey color.