DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Because just having 2 gripping hands limits you and kind of sucks.

That being said I wish more companies included a tree for hand storage like Figma does. Extra hands seem to disappear easily.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because I hate fisted hands. However, I need them for fighting poses as gripping hands don't look right. Also, I prefer open hands because they look far more natural. And then you have characters like Flash that also need to come with running hands. Having him in a running pose with fists looks dumb, and having him stand still with running hands looks just as dumb.

For Marvel, would you really want to have Spider-Man climbing walls with his thwip hands or fists? Do you want him punching someone with his thwip hands?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    @RKillian You have to admit @Dr Kain does make a valid point. Sure, you have extra hands with your character, but do you want to display your favorite character with hands that they use a lot than fists all the time. Now, I'm just adding the same stuff Dr Kain already said.

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well I did come from convertible robot land where all we had for years were fists with holes drilled in them :/

For everything else, I've just been fine with the hands they've chosen. As long as the hands made sense, like a gripping hand if weapons were included, it usually worked out. If anything, I'd prefer they do like Alternators did with movable blocks of fingers, but those went the way of the dodo with ToyBiz.

5. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Hands are too expressive to not give more attention to. You can convey so much with just a hand gesture. (I'm sure you are thinking of one in particular to give to me right now reader)

One of the things I hated about MP transformers were the crappy hands they would give them. Interchangeable hands are a must on a premium figure imo. And articulated fingers have never worked on any figure. They always look awful.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I need to check Jay C's videos on the icons 7-pack. Does he make comparisons with any ML figures?

If these upsized icons scale well, I'll be into this line!

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He does show comparisons. Batman is about the same heigh as Pizza Spidey, Superman is shorter than Cap, and WW is the same height as Enchantress.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I know Scott Summers has been through a lot the past few years, but I didn't think it had gotten quite this bad.

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I had a $5 Walmart gift card and he was (barely) on clearance, so I managed to get him for about $12. Now the real question is, will Luthor be the first and only figure from this wave that I will end up paying full retail for. There are already only a couple of stores that have him, and that new wave is trickling out now...

• Like Like x 1
  9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh man...that's still kinda short for me. For me, Supes and Bats must be taller than Spidey and equal or abit taller than Cap.

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It's not just about height, build too. The current Cap is a tad too big for me though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree. That's why I still use the FO version.

The thing is I've yet to find my 'definite' Batman. I can live with the DCUC Supers but not the DCUC Bats...the cape hangs off him looks weird.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, Spidey is 6 ft, Superman is 6'3", and Batman is supposed to be 6'2", but whatever. It doesn't bother me that much because one is Marvel and the other two are DC.

13. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

My definitive Batman is the Mezco TDKR one. I never need another Batman figure again. Especially since I probably have a ton of others in storage from a lifetime of collecting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Funny I have a problem with Superman's face, always felt like they messed up the sculpt, esp when compared to Aquaman. Regarding DCUC Batman, not sure what you mean, but for me it fits my aesthetics for an 80s classic look particularly the first version. For a different cape look, have you seen the YJ version?

15. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

There are a lot of good Batman figures. He's a character worth having multiple versions of for me.

The Mezco dk version is probably my favorite version too. Runner up is the Play Arts blue and grey Arkham Asylum version.

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think I'm going to pick up the Icons 7 pack this Wed if my comic shop has it. I want to support it.

To whom it was asking about images earlier, hopefully these show up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regarding Batman, my be-all, end-all is the Mezco Batfleck (non-armoured). The only way anything could top that would be if they put out a classic blue-and-grey, oval and capsule belt or the pre-Batman Inc. black-and-grey ovalless. I like my DKR returns one, but it's not my preferred look for Batman. A close runner-up is the SHFiguarts Injustice Batman. I would have loved to see them do a comic-based Batman.

18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't agree there. If it is a movie version, I just can't consider it to be the ultimate Batman, especially one from a garbage movie.

19. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

I don't have an ultimate batman yet. I have probably two dozen different Batman figures from Mattel and DC Direct/Collectibles, and none of them is perfect. Most have sub-standard single-joint articulation. The Mattel figures are typically top-heavy and look a little goofy and overly buff on the DCUC buck. The DCD figures are borderline statues for all the movement you can get out of them. Only Icons batman has tolerable joints, and while he looks good, his small size, narrow shoulders, and odd boy-shorts are not quite modern or classic in appearance.

Aesthetically, my favorite Batman so far is DCD Justice League America based on Ed Benes' work, mostly because he's got the overly long cape that drapes beautifully. As far as quality figures go, the Designer Series Capullo (modern) is my favorite, but I prefer a more classic/vintage deco with yellow oval and capsule utility belt. Someday they'll put together a combination that looks good and can actually move...

20. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

The Arkham Asylum series 4 Batman is a good one too.