DC Figures Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MoreThanMeetsTheEye, Dec 24, 2007.

1. whiteshadow2

whiteshadow2 Member

Man..I havent had any luck findings these wave..would it be too much to ask for any of you fellows getting them for a fallen comrade at a decent price???....pretty pleeeease..much appreciated

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today I lucked out and scored a Harley Quinn and Superman Blue. Now I just need Black Manta and OG Aquaman.

3. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I have the OG Aquaman, but has anyone actually found the modern one?

4. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't seen any of the wave 2 figures yet, but Arthur-Poseur is supposed to be packed as a variant, so he won't be common.

Of course, the wave 1 variants never ended up happening, so who knows what they'll end up doing. Maybe he'll be a running change like the Jason Rusch Firestorm.

5. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some people on fwoosh have found the modern Aquaman.

6. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

Is that the one with the gold armbands? I saw that one. Don't tell me that was the chase. I chose to buy Harley and Manta instead.

7. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Sorry, Octane, but that was the variant. Go about 3/4 of the way down this page to see the regular Aquaman.

8. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the regular Aquaman is more desirable than the variant anyway. Me wantie.

9. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I'm loving the 6 dollar DC Directs at Kaybee, too bad the only Mr Fantastic they had was painted by a blind kid.

10. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Erm... unless I missed some heavy Marvel/DC intercompany partnerships, I'm assuming you meant Mr. Terrific.

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

LOL, yeah I was wondering when Reed became a black guy.

12. whiteshadow2

whiteshadow2 Member

I've been reading from few customers about sloppy paint apps on this line can anyone who's got them verify this. I hope this is not a big issue and just bad luck for some people.

And by the way, Im really seeking out for this guys so anybodys help for me to grab on them or some direction as to where i could get them around the Queens area in NY please let me know. thanx

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

The quality is superior to Toybiz figures, but Red Tornado has a funky paint job due to the yellow not showing too well over the red. In order to "fix" it, they applied a wash, so when you glance at the figure it looks like a really bad kit-bash. It's not as bad as it sounds, but if you have Marvel Legends Spider-woman you will know what I mean.

14. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    ^ Heh. Awesome.

I especially love that they made a point of saying "Rex Mason, the Element Man". I have no idea why the cards don't say "Metamorpho". They just used the name in the JLU line. Surely they didn't lose it already?

16. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Finally found some wave 2 DCU 6" d00ds today -- Blueperman and Manta. Both are wonderful, though I'm a tiny bit disapointed that Blupes's "energy crackle" isn't removable from his back.

News from NYCC:

DCU --

Wave 4: Cyborg, Wonder Woman (variant = Artemis, complete with bow, arrows, and impossibly long Deodato ponytail), Ares, Batman Beyond (!), and Captain Atom (variant = gold Kingdom Come/Armageddon suit). BAF = a kick-ass Despero.

Wave 5 (Wal*Mart exclusive): Amazo, Atom (Ray Palmer), Eradicator (original goggles and cape suit), Riddler, and Black Lightning (current bald look). BAF = an even more kick-ass Metallo. (Being exclusive worries me, as I've yet to see any DCU figures at a W*M.)

Wave 6 (partial list): Superman (black recovery suit & long hair), Hawkman, and Mr. Miracle.

TRU-exclusive 2-packs: Batgirl & Azrael; Lightray & Orion (removable helmet this time).

SDCC exclusive: Lobo w/ his dog. :( 

Sometime in 2009: brown version of Man-Bat (previously a SDCC/WWC '07 exclusive in white).

Infinite Heroes (3-3/4" line) --

Wave 1 has a rather surprising line-up: Atom (Ryan Choi), Captain Marvel, Black Adam, GL (Guy), Black Hand, Zoom, and Adam Strange (!). Plus 2 3-packs -- Comm. Gordon + 2 SWAT officers; Flash + Weather Wizard + Mirror Master.

JLU --

The line is now Target-exclusive. Surprisingly, there will still be some new figures: Captain Atom and Galatea (Power Girl-esque evil clone of Supergirl), plus single packs of Kilowog, Stargirl, and Hawkman. An awesome-sounding new 6-pack will include Batman, Shadow Thief, Silver Banshee, Atomic Skull, the Key, and KGBeast.

SDCC exclusive: Giganta 2-pack -- 4-3/4" figure and 8" figure.

A bit more info and slowly-loading pics can be found here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=12829

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

I'm loving that Ares figure, don't know much about the character other then the obvious, but I really like the design.
    I even picked up that "It's not a statue because it's got POA's" that DCD made a few years back.

18. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    The Riddler! An AMAZING Metallo! Horrary!

Oh wait, my Walmart doesnt even have DC Universe figs. Shit.

I dont collect the JLU line but I honestly want that Giganta pack as I love the character that much. I wonder how the Tall Version would look with the Universe guys.

I actually might Ebay her as long as the price is right.

19. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously, why the hell make Lobo a con exclusive? I mean he would be one of the most sought after figures and now most of the people that would want him are not going to be able to.

20. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Walmart exclusive means I'll never see them, unless I can make a deal with someone on here or snag em off ebay.

All these store exclusives are really getting out of control.