DC Direct photo request

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Eradicator, May 24, 2006.

1. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

Does anyone have a picture of the DC Direct Paralax figure next to either the modern Superman or the one from the Justice league set? I read a review that Paralax was a little on the small side and I'd like to see how much smaller he is. Thanks.

2. Eradicator

bump

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this won't help you much because I don't have a camera nor the toy but...I have Hal Jordon from the same series (assumimng its the Green Lantern series wave 1, you're referring to) and the Superman from the "Superman" series.

Since the scale of both Jordons is similar, I shall use my Hal as the " comparison. Both Supes and GL are similar in terms of scale but Supes looks more "bluff".

All of DC Direct toys have the "same" scale...the only exceptions are the "Batman Knightfall" series and "Kingdom Come".

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I have all the GL Series 1, but the only supes I have is the DC Superheroes one.

5. Eradicator

So are they roughly the same height? I figured Superman would be more buff. I was just hoping they would look believable standing next to each other. I just got the Alex Ross Hal Jordan, and it's quite a bit taller than Superman. It's the same height as the Unmasked Martian Manhunter. It kinda funny It makes the Batman from the JLA set(who was on the small side to begin with) look like a kid. It does the same thing for the John Stewart from the same set.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Sorry for the late reply! I was out the whole of esterday and visited a comic store to do a comparison for you. - especially to check on the height thingy...yeah, they're around the same height...scale-wise they are the same.

The Parallex you're talking about, I assume is from the Green Lantern series 1 line? Please see link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-Lantern-P...ryZ36559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Superman I compared to was this Superman. Please see link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Direct-SUPER...6060154542QQcategoryZ2482QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Conclusion - both toys have the same scale i.e. height-wise they are similar. Hope that helps!

7. Eradicator

Great! That's a Superman that I have, and that is the Parallax I was talking about. Is ther another? Anyway. Thanks

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I'm not too sure if there's another Parallax but I think if you can get the dc direct one cheap say $10, I say go for it! I regret passing up on him when it first came out.

9. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

There is another Paralax, but it was in the long gone "Total Justice" line that Hasbro did many many years ago.

10. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

The new GL Corps line from DC Direct is too small compared to most DC Direct figures. It fits in much better with the current Superman/Batman line that you can find in stores.

[​IMG]

11. Eradicator

Ok thanks. Do you happen to have the Superman who came in the same line as Cyborg Superman? I just noticed that one one is a tiny bit shorter than the one in the picture. Also would you be able to compare it to the John Stewart GL that came in the box set? I just noticed that that GL looks about as much shorter as the Paralanx in your pic, but not as bad when placed next to that other Superman. I believe that one is the same one as the JLA one that came with the flag.

The main reason I want Paralax is to use him for a DC Direct version of the Justice Lords from the second season of Justice League. I've used one of the first Superman figs for the Superman, an Eradicator, and the Wonder Woman from the set.

I may try to borrow a digital camera and post some pics.

12. Eradicator

Sorry about the double post.

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

The pic on the right has the Superman from the Mattel line that is currently in stores.

Here are some old pics for scale purposes. I'll try to take some of the others you've requested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]